Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36903 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #300 on: May 16, 2022, 04:14:17 pm »

anything I could add has already been said by smarter people.

That's completely irrelevant. It's important to know what you think about the game even if it's repetitive to what other people have said.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2022, 06:20:36 pm »

anything I could add has already been said by smarter people.

That's completely irrelevant. It's important to know what you think about the game even if it's repetitive to what other people have said.
@Knightwing: ^Not only this, but also I've felt that this hasn't usually been an issue for you to say something about the game state except when you're scum. You seem reserved, which doesn't map for me, and it's why I think you're more likely scum. But, then again, what do I know. I'd trust Maximum Spin if I thought they were Town, but they're not like reina, so I deffo can't.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2022, 06:30:13 pm »

Knightwing, who do you think are Cabal members?

Um, You and Egan?
Can you explain why? Also, who would be the third Cabal member?

Well, I the first thing you did after being silent for a long time was to admit you had been lurking on purpose and was disappointed that no one called you out on it? Egan has just been acting weird period, and maybe web? He changed his mind too fast, normally whenever he says something he sticks with it, even when it’s overtly obvious that it isn’t true. So changing his mind really fast seems kinda OOC for him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2022, 06:36:06 pm »

Um, You and Egan?

Well, I the first thing you did after being silent for a long time was to admit you had been lurking on purpose and was disappointed that no one called you out on it? Egan has just been acting weird period, and maybe web? He changed his mind too fast, normally whenever he says something he sticks with it, even when it’s overtly obvious that it isn’t true. So changing his mind really fast seems kinda OOC for him.
Which part did I change my mind on?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2022, 06:43:37 pm »

Haha, it's funny seeing you two's opinion of Knightwing completely 180.

^

This made me think that you supported me earlier but I went back and checked and you weren’t. I think he was talking about past games. My bad

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2022, 06:50:52 pm »

^

This made me think that you supported me earlier but I went back and checked and you weren’t. I think he was talking about past games. My bad
Heh, yeah, he was talking about last time when you were the King.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2022, 07:04:15 pm »

^

That makes me worried that you're hurrying to find answers to questions. You took ToonyMan at their word, which sorta contradicts your past support for me, and makes me wonder if you are worrying about who is scum and who is Town. But, it means you're just absorbing a small amount at a time. I get that you might be busy, but I also expect you to have little tidbits to share, even if it's your usual sentence self.

So, that's why I think you're scum. If you're not scum, that still leaves you better on the voting bloc, since I believe that you are actually much better at reading arguments as Town, so putting you up to be voted doesn't suit you or the Town. Hence, why I cannot accept a Knightwing candidacy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2022, 07:13:17 pm »

So, I hate to make things all about me, but its what I know.

@Toony & Web: How exactly are Jim and I not on the same team? I'm not seeing it. Please explain, as I would like to see it.

Usually, both Toony & Web can see me as town very quickly.  Even Jim, whom is apparently on different teams, has outright admitted that I've dived back into my crazy paranoid meta.  And since you've all seen me trying to fake it, and Toony didn't buy it for a second, why are these players scum reading me?

I think I have an answer.  Web, at least, is trying to keep me from being nominated because he figures I'll sheep him. 
Web, has that always worked out for you?

Toony, I think, just wants to be nominated.  Look at how Toony clears away anyone that might possibly get nominated.
Again @ Web: Nominate Toonyman Day 2, so he stops trying to block any other nominations.  Then he might stop caring a bit.

...God I hope Web is town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2022, 07:18:02 pm »

Um, You and Egan?

Good Job Knightwing!

I hadn't considered the possibility* of Web being scum with the "I can't be nominated" as a scum ploy to keep himself among the electorate.
This is valuable insight, please keep sharing.

*Web, it's just a possibility.  Overall, I think the inability to be nominated actually leans you townward, but it can't be proven. Overall, you seem too serious to be scum. But maybe that is the COVID talking.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2022, 08:28:07 pm »

As the day reached its close, it was clear that notquitethere would be the first nominee to the coveted position of the Jade Court's Emperor. He took the nomination in stride, and donned the ceremonial robe. Shortly after, the first of the three protected booths dedicated to the isolation of nominated council-members became occupied.

There was a grumbling amongst the many others - a motion was passed to allow the electorate to give notquitethere his well-earned position immediately. This proved to be irrelevant for the purposes of allowing rest to come sooner, for the day's end had marched its way to prominence, but it did show just how clear notquitethere's victory was, that the gathered Court felt that no further debate was needed.

Quote from: Votecount
EuchreJack - 0
Maximum Spin - 0
Roden - 0
Jim Groovester - 0
Egan_BW - 0
Knightwing64 - 0
notquitethere - 10: notquitethere, ToonyMan, Roden, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, Knightwing64, EuchreJack, webadict, reina
webadict - 1: Egan_BW
reina - 0
ToonyMan - 0

Votes Unused (0):

Shorten - 7: Egan_BW, Jim Groovester, reina, ToonyMan, webadict, EuchreJack, Roden

notquitethere has been Nominated.

And as the day was consumed by darkest night, scheming hearts plotted in secret...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:44:19 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2022, 08:33:42 pm »

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:50:07 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 16, 2022, 08:34:02 pm »

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:51:00 pm by ToonyMan »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 2 - United Or Divided?
« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2022, 08:42:30 pm »

Day 2 - United Or Divided?

After a well-earned rest, the ten electorate gathered once again. Breakfast was served, though the pleasantries involved in receiving it now fell by the wayside. The first day of nomination had shown both the potential for unity among the Jade Court, along with the potential for disharmony. It was not clear whether the next two nominations would be quite so unanimous, now that the most obvious candidate had been selected. Popularity was, after all, such a fickle thing.

Now notquitethere spoke from his protected booth, though his vote could still be cast just as easily as before. The time allotted for breakfast passed in what seemed to be the blink of an eye, and the next day's debate began in earnest. The faces of the gathered Court - grim, serious, playful, determined, calculating - stared each other down.

Quote from: The Nominated
  • notquitethere
Quote from: Votecount
EuchreJack - 0
Maximum Spin - 0
Roden - 0
Jim Groovester - 0
Egan_BW - 0
Knightwing64 - 0
webadict - 0
reina - 0
ToonyMan - 0

Votes Unused (10): EuchreJack, Maximum Spin, Roden, Jim Groovester, Egan_BW, Knightwing64, notquitethere, webadict, reina, ToonyMan

Welcome to Day 2. Good luck, everyone.

Day 2 has begun, and will end 8 PM Central time, Thursday the 19th - approximately 3 days from now.

oh fuck I posted without checking the thread
You can edit those posts to 'oops' or '.' or such. Feel free to copy the content from them first if you still want to use it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 16, 2022, 08:46:33 pm »

So, I hate to make things all about me, but its what I know.

@Toony & Web: How exactly are Jim and I not on the same team? I'm not seeing it. Please explain, as I would like to see it.

Usually, both Toony & Web can see me as town very quickly.  Even Jim, whom is apparently on different teams, has outright admitted that I've dived back into my crazy paranoid meta.  And since you've all seen me trying to fake it, and Toony didn't buy it for a second, why are these players scum reading me?

I think I have an answer.  Web, at least, is trying to keep me from being nominated because he figures I'll sheep him. 
Web, has that always worked out for you?

Toony, I think, just wants to be nominated.  Look at how Toony clears away anyone that might possibly get nominated.
Again @ Web: Nominate Toonyman Day 2, so he stops trying to block any other nominations.  Then he might stop caring a bit.

...God I hope Web is town.
Multiple points:
1. I'm not under the impression that you and Jim are t/w. I'm actually under the impression that you are more likely t/t, or that Jim is the w. Jim being scum makes sense given his potential scumslip, but doesn't seem like .
2. Technically, I would've tried to push you further, but you stopped being as obviously Town as reina, and trying to shove you into the council would destroy my credibility and, worse, probably fail. You are right, however, that I absolutely believe you will vote as I vote, especially if ToonyMan isn't available to vote, which is why pushing him to Day 3 matters, since I'll have a better understanding of the council in case we need to vote. Sometimes, it works, sometimes, it doesn't, but that's why you're here to make sure I'm not screwing up, now aren't you?
3. I won't push ToonyMan Day 2. This is a test to have him prove that he's a Townie, because he may very well be who we need to vote on Day 4.
4. If I'm scum, then one of you or reina are my scumbuddy, OR one of notquitethere and ToonyMan is my buddy, no? ToonyMan being my buddy makes no sense at that point, since, you're right, I can just push for his nomination without care. NQT being my buddy also seems like an unlikely chance, since I'd have no reason to oppose his nomination or voting. Therefore, you'd have to assume that reina and I are scum... I assume with Egan, since there isn't really a good alternative. Do you believe in that team? I don't. I think there are much better theories, and it'd be incredibly silly.

PPE:
reina

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2022, 08:48:07 pm »

I think I'm good with Roden today. I'm willing to accept ToonyMan as a nominee as well.

Not good with reina.

reina

No.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38