Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36939 times)

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2022, 12:23:40 pm »

Since we're all sticking about then... how about everyone name one player that they would never want to vote for emperor.
I think I have the most reservations about voting for Jim

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2022, 12:34:47 pm »

Since we're all sticking about then... how about everyone name one player that they would never want to vote for emperor.

You'd vote for Egan_BW before you'd vote for me?

Really?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2022, 12:49:40 pm »

Bargaining??

Unlike Jim and Max I'm okay with Reina in the council, but I'll only concede my vote to them if I have no chance at the nomination tomorrow.
Yep. You're the only one I'd be willing to bargain with because I know you'd be willing to give up your seat if you saw someone Townier available, even if you vocally disagree with that statement. Also, bargaining with Jim and Max requires me to vote one of them over you, which isn't viable.

If Jack is Town, he'll vote reina and you because I think he's Town which I believe is true, and if it isn't then we juncture Jim or someone else into the council instead. NQT doesn't care as much, since he's voted, but he'll look to get Town players, and I think NQT definitely sees you as Town, and I think he also like reina, so that's a council he'll agree with. Roden also seems like he'll be on board with that since he thinks that you and I are Town.

The issue I have is that Jim, Max, Egan, and Knightwing are weird swing voters, where Jim just inherently doesn't trust me or reina, which is silly, but I'm willing to accept that both Town and scum Jim would be similar in that regards, Max absolutely wants himself on the council, which is concerning, since he's typically a good reader, and he's against reina for reasons that he'll likely refuse to divulge, which makes him a liability. Egan is scum, so I'm not sure what his game plan is, and Knightwing could be scum, but he could also be extremely confused, but I can't say for sure which is which.

Hence, I'm bargaining with you because you know I'm forced to stay on that path unless I'm horribly disinterested in actually winning. If I break from my path, I'll never be able to convince anyone to elect reina, and since I'm pretty sure you're Town, this feels like it should be a win-win for both of us.

PPE:

You'd vote for Egan_BW before you'd vote for me?

Really?
Yeah, even if I think Jim is kinda scummy, like, Egan is definitely top of the list.

@Toony: Maybe reina is difficult to get nominated. If you can get Roden or reina on the council, I'm down. Yes, reina has baggage, and so does Jack, but I am 65% sure they're both Town, which is good odds, comparatively. Actually, this isn't a bargain, because I'm still going to vote you Day 3 regardless, but I figured I'd pretend like it is because no one else would understand.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 16, 2022, 01:17:40 pm »

and Knightwing could be scum, but he could also be extremely confused, but I can't say for sure which is which.
For the record, I think Knightwing is probably town. He could just be hiding it better after last time, but given my current field of candidates, it's somewhat less likely that he's being coached, so I'm just going to stick with the simpler option for now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 16, 2022, 01:20:45 pm »

Let me add: it is very likely that I can prevent you from nominating someone I don't want (like, say, the new guy), at least once, although I won't tell you how, lest someone have a counter.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 16, 2022, 02:05:00 pm »

Let me add: it is very likely that I can prevent you from nominating someone I don't want (like, say, the new guy), at least once, although I won't tell you how, lest someone have a counter.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 16, 2022, 02:30:59 pm »

Hey Max, who do you think is Town and who do you think is scum?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2022, 03:02:21 pm »

Yep. You're the only one I'd be willing to bargain with because I know you'd be willing to give up your seat if you saw someone Townier available, even if you vocally disagree with that statement.
I would argue that doesn't make any sense, but I did give up my seat for NQT today.

and Knightwing could be scum, but he could also be extremely confused, but I can't say for sure which is which.
For the record, I think Knightwing is probably town. He could just be hiding it better after last time, but given my current field of candidates, it's somewhat less likely that he's being coached, so I'm just going to stick with the simpler option for now.
Given the previous game I weigh this opinion rather heavily.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 16, 2022, 03:11:33 pm »

I will actively campaign against Knightwing. There are dozens of better choices, and there's only 10 players in this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 16, 2022, 03:16:05 pm »

Haha, it's funny seeing you two's opinion of Knightwing completely 180.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 16, 2022, 03:26:39 pm »

I will actively campaign against Knightwing. There are dozens of better choices, and there's only 10 players in this game.

Ouch, may I ask why?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 16, 2022, 03:40:00 pm »

Ouch, may I ask why?
Mostly because I think you're not paying enough attention to the main thread to be anything but activelurking.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 16, 2022, 03:41:19 pm »

Knightwing, who do you think are Cabal members?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 16, 2022, 03:58:41 pm »

Ouch, may I ask why?
Mostly because I think you're not paying enough attention to the main thread to be anything but activelurking.

I’m at school most of the time and anything I could add has already been said by smarter people.

Um, You and Egan?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 16, 2022, 04:02:49 pm »

Um, You and Egan?
Can you explain why? Also, who would be the third Cabal member?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38