Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36820 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2022, 06:12:50 pm »

Shorten.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2022, 06:13:25 pm »

Shorten

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2022, 06:45:24 pm »

Uhh, Webadict then. It's not gonna win the vote but whatever. Also Shorten.
The fuck did I do to you?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2022, 06:47:08 pm »

...Would you believe that I forgot? Eh. Take it as a gesture of support, since you won't get nominated anyways.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2022, 06:51:00 pm »

Web/Jack/Egan form an interesting trifecta as the players who all deny the NQT-ascendancy (though Web and Jack have fallen in line with the vote), and they all favor Reina. And the support is mostly asymmetric: Reina doesn't favour her supporters, and other than Web liking Jack, they don't support one another.
This fails to encapsulate an important factor: I'm not able to be supported (Or rather, I'm not wanting the support or I'll lose.) Why is that not a listed factor?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2022, 08:31:42 pm »

Okay, let's shorten.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2022, 09:20:27 pm »

As the day dragged on and became long, notquitethere's support only grew, with only token resistance remaining. Now it was clear who the first of the three nominations to the position of Emperor would be. It was so clear, in fact, that some argued that the gathered Court should simply give notquitethere the seat, and then claim some well-earned rest. As it happened, however, the day was already nearly over and done.

Quote from: Votecount
EuchreJack - 0
Maximum Spin - 0
Roden - 0
Jim Groovester - 0
Egan_BW - 0
Knightwing64 - 0
notquitethere - 9: notquitethere, ToonyMan, Roden, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, Knightwing64, EuchreJack, webadict, reina
webadict - 1: Egan_BW
reina - 0
ToonyMan - 0

Votes Unused (0):

Shorten - 4: Egan_BW, Jim Groovester, reina, ToonyMan

The Day will end Monday, May 16th, tomorrow, at 8 PM - approximately 24 hours from now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2022, 10:19:32 pm »

I see you Egan, what's your proposed council??
*cough* Egan is Onyx *cough*
Not sure why you'd support me when I think you're Onyx, but alright. Honestly, I see it as a way for you to distance yourself from your teammates, but if I'm gonna be honest, you'd be better off putting your vote on notquitethere, if your goal is to sow confusion.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2022, 11:33:44 pm »

So Egan_BW, whom do you think would make a good 3 person counsel, without including Webadict?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2022, 01:11:56 am »

Kinda getting the feeling that the general restlessness from everyone might be because a lot of abilities go online starting Day 2. Though since we don't really get any flips with this set up (with some exceptions), I wonder how Day 2 is supposed to play out. We aren't guaranteed to gain any info as we move on from Day to Day unless PRs get successful results.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2022, 01:14:58 am »

Yeah, a'ight, Shorten. This is boring.
Anyway, I don't anticipate any new insights for today, so let's shorten

As it was missed:

Shorten

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2022, 01:17:59 am »

I see you Egan, what's your proposed council??
*cough* Egan is Onyx *cough*
Not sure why you'd support me when I think you're Onyx, but alright. Honestly, I see it as a way for you to distance yourself from your teammates, but if I'm gonna be honest, you'd be better off putting your vote on notquitethere, if your goal is to sow confusion.
A vote to shorten the Day may be initiated by any player after 24 hours have passed from the start of the Day. If a supermajority (7 currently) of the living players vote to, in bold, Shorten the day, then it will be immediately ended.

To prevent shenanigans, if any player places a Nomination / Election vote, activates a vote-affecting ability, or votes to Oppose or Cancel Shorten, then the shorten will be cancelled.

A fully completed shorten vote will resolve at the next regularly scheduled vote count time. It may still be cancelled up to that time.

I'm thinking it was done to intentionally reset the shorten votes in order to drag out the day and build apathy.

Shorten

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2022, 01:20:44 am »

Weird way of putting it, though I'm not sure how much we can read into Egan's nonproductive vote. He's pretty scummy either way.

Kinda getting the feeling that the general restlessness from everyone might be because a lot of abilities go online starting Day 2. Though since we don't really get any flips with this set up (with some exceptions), I wonder how Day 2 is supposed to play out. We aren't guaranteed to gain any info as we move on from Day to Day unless PRs get successful results.
We can only wait and see. A lot of the info will be seeing who supports who when there's much less unanimity over a candidate.

Also I've got a horrible feeling I'll be assassinated or something.

I'm thinking it was done to intentionally reset the shorten votes in order to drag out the day and build apathy.
Ah of course.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2022, 05:10:07 am »

Fucking Shorten, can we at least have a simple majority and as long as the top leader won't shift, the shortens stay, because god fucking damn is that unnecessary to need EVERY TOWN MEMBER TO SHORTEN.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38