Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 61355 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #600 on: May 13, 2023, 01:52:07 am »

I'unno, from what I've seen their latest chops was some kind of streaming service they've managed to lead to what's approaching billion dollar losses. Investors have brains like goldfish with head injuries, though, so who knows.

I was just about to ask how that Tucker guy was supposed to relaunch his show on a 140 character format, but I'm guessing this is how
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 13, 2023, 03:23:56 am »

Fuck yes I can see it now, E-E-E  X (ksssss) the everything app!

Watch fallen legacy media conservative icons, can we get Bill O Reilley? Ney, can we dig Rush Limbaugh out of the grave?!

Then you get to really express yourself within 140 characters, youtube superchat is shitting it's pants allready.

Then your twitter behaviour can be linked to your watching behaviour to better target you with ads, political ads by preference.

Gradually legacy media will realise how much more convenient this is to them.

Then they can all go back to being one big disgusting abusive family. Since nobody needs to be tarnished by the other, it's all just free speech and as they collectively wiggle out of publisher duties.

Then they slap a facebook light on there so the mobile games that only proliferate through ads can happen on the same site, conveniently relieving you of money.

It will be peak internet.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 13, 2023, 04:25:42 am »

What's that a super app you say, are you sure you don't mean a super waste of time?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 13, 2023, 05:16:31 am »

No. Hopefully a super waste of money, Elon's money. Make it a good old billion dollars' tomb.
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 13, 2023, 05:53:21 am »

Word is he's basically being bankrolled by the saudis for this.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 13, 2023, 06:01:37 am »

Ew. Emerald mine owner kid, and petroleum dynasty? Possibly among the top ten most dirty handshakes in history. Yuck
let

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 13, 2023, 06:11:08 am »

L
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 13, 2023, 07:44:41 am »

What's that a super app you say, are you sure you don't mean a super waste of time?
Given USA political polarized environment, as exemplified by the circle jerk here I actually think it has better chance to succeed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 14, 2023, 02:14:58 am »

Fuck yes I can see it now, E-E-E  X (ksssss) the everything app!

Watch fallen legacy media conservative icons, can we get Bill O Reilley? Ney, can we dig Rush Limbaugh out of the grave?!

Then you get to really express yourself within 140 characters, youtube superchat is shitting it's pants allready.

Then your twitter behaviour can be linked to your watching behaviour to better target you with ads, political ads by preference.

Gradually legacy media will realise how much more convenient this is to them.

Then they can all go back to being one big disgusting abusive family. Since nobody needs to be tarnished by the other, it's all just free speech and as they collectively wiggle out of publisher duties.

Then they slap a facebook light on there so the mobile games that only proliferate through ads can happen on the same site, conveniently relieving you of money.

It will be peak internet.
...and apparently Google is just gonna up and die. LOL

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 14, 2023, 03:00:16 am »

Given USA political polarized environment, as exemplified by the circle jerk here I actually think it has better chance to succeed.
What does any of this have to do with US politics anyway, I'm just here to say I hate twitter and all other social media shit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 14, 2023, 07:05:00 pm »

What does any of this have to do with US politics anyway, I'm just here to say I hate twitter and all other social media shit.

Welcome to School, where we're gonna School you on US politics and twitter. Don't worry, we locked the doors, there is no escape, you WILL learn...

1) US President Biden and the Democrats announce a policy of banning petroleum products for fueling cars and homes
2) The Saudi Arabian Princes, who own Saudi Arabia, then funded Twitter's acquisition by Elon Musk. Saudi Arabia, if you do not know, has only ever made money selling petroleum products.

Twitter is thus one of the tools being used to reverse US policy of ending dependence on petroleum products.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 14, 2023, 07:32:53 pm »

Because USA politics is what fuels this thread. Otherwise a Super-app isn't necessarily just for social media. I can think of several way in which such an app can be used. And between Twitters already big user base, Musk investing non-woke AI alternative to OpenAI, options for integration in Teslas etc products, this streaming deal by Tucker Carlson (that just mind boggling lucky), and Musk out the way. I suspect that there is a good chance to make successful product.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 04:46:07 am by jipehog »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 14, 2023, 10:24:58 pm »

Because USA politics is what fuels this thread. Otherwise a Super-app isn't necessarily just for social media. I can think of several way in which such an app can be used. And between Twitters already big user base, Musk investing non-work AI alternative to OpenAI, options for integration in Teslas etc products, this streaming deal by Tucker Carlson (that just mind boggling lucky), and Musk out the way. I suspect that there is a good chance to make successful product.
Well, they've finally got around to the 200 IQ move of getting Musk out of the daily operations, so it at least has a fighting chance...

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 14, 2023, 10:32:17 pm »

That was his plan all along. He always was more of the idea person, every one of his companies had someone else in charge, even in SpaceX though he is the face of it the person responsible for the daily operation is Shotwell.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 14, 2023, 10:44:05 pm »

He's not the idea person for crying out loud. Every one of his companies was someone else's idea.  He's the guy who provides venture capital. At most he also used to be a PR guy for seeking more investors. I guess he still kind of is, at that, but he has lost a lot of brownie points with his antics from the last ~5+ years
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 69