Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 61240 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #480 on: November 18, 2022, 12:28:42 am »

Elon finally did some good. He's killing Twitter.

Just watch as the US government bails his ass out ...

Well, the government can't save Twitter at least.  Doesn't matter how much money they throw at the problem if all of the domain knowledge walked out of the door.
The giant sack of taxpayer money will get enough of that back, I'm sure.
You can't eat respect.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 18, 2022, 02:37:33 am »

I mean, in two years time, Musk will 100% claim it was deliberate
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 18, 2022, 02:41:32 am »

As long as twitter dies at the end I feel the world will be better for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 18, 2022, 02:51:27 am »

Elon finally did some good. He's killing Twitter.

Just watch as the US government bails his ass out ...

Well, the government can't save Twitter at least.  Doesn't matter how much money they throw at the problem if all of the domain knowledge walked out of the door.

The government isn't going to intervene here. Banks are so essential that they have to be saved (and therefore an argument can be made that they should never be commercial entities in the first place). Twitter? No way.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 18, 2022, 03:35:26 am »

Yeah, Twitter will die for better or for worse, there will be a power vacuum, and then another social network will rise in its pace (probably Mastodon tbh), then the cycle will repeat in ~20 years.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 18, 2022, 04:40:07 am »

Yeah, Twitter will die for better or for worse, there will be a power vacuum, and then another social network will rise in its pace (probably Mastodon tbh), then the cycle will repeat in ~20 years.

And Bay12, meanwhile...

Yeah, we will be around to discuss the Grand Fall Of Mastodon too. Give it a decade more, take or add a half.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 18, 2022, 10:26:53 pm »

So I was watching this whole thing from an amused distance since I stopped interacting with the site a few months ago and just go there when I follow a story link or to check a couple of accounts like the double pendulum bot.

Before he decided to make himself the Full Time Main Character™ there were various degrees of competence that it was reasonable to assume the moron had.

Like, I knew going to Mars with a goddamn hypercapitalist was a terrible idea, but I figured it was because he was obviously going to "accidentally" invent new exciting forms of slavery for air and water! !!Fun!!

In Sci-Fi you sometimes encounter folks who have thought out issues like long term colonies and see something pop up which could basically be called the Revolution of the Grandchildren: the first generation KNOWS what this equipment is and why it is critical to maintain, the second generation has it instilled in them as a way of life because it is literally THE WAY OF LIFE, the third generation resents this crufty old hand-me-down ideology and thinks if air scrubbers are so great why don't YOU fix it, old man?

Best case for a colony under that stupid mook it would have ~3 generations with possibility of a slave revolt beforehand, or so I thought.

LITTLE DID I KNOW, he's so fucking stupid he'd end up bumbling around in the air recycling levels and start asking "so what is all this shit, it's so noisy, make it quieter or you're fired!" and end up killing everyone off within a year, tops.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 18, 2022, 10:34:54 pm »

I feel like the worst condemnation I can offer for Elon Musk's ability to run a social network is to point out that Truth Social is doing relatively ok and may outlast his Twitter.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 18, 2022, 10:53:16 pm »

Heh, hilarious indeed.

Also saw someone point out that while everyone was reaching out to make sure they don't lose contact with everyone they know on twitter literally nobody even considered that metaverse nonsense.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 19, 2022, 03:53:30 am »

I keep hearing about this metevers thing but I have no idea what the hell it is, I think it's some kind of VR shit maybe.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 19, 2022, 12:50:49 pm »

I keep hearing about this metevers thing but I have no idea what the hell it is, I think it's some kind of VR shit maybe.
That's as much as any human being should know about it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 19, 2022, 03:37:38 pm »

That's as much as any human being should know about it.
If I can't call myself Hiro Protagonist and write most of the virtual sword-fighting algorithms, I'm not interested...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 19, 2022, 07:17:53 pm »

Jordan Peterson and Andrew Tate no longer banned, Trump possibly no longer banned either.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 19, 2022, 08:17:48 pm »

Jordan Peterson

I'd completely forgotten that this jerk exists.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 19, 2022, 10:08:11 pm »

Dude was in a coma for a while. We'll see if he can successfully rebuild his past relevance.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69