Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 61475 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #810 on: July 24, 2023, 01:13:25 pm »

(well, it's in keeping with his past brandings, and even namings of a child)

The first thing I thought of, when I first heard of the change, was "the ex-Twitter" is going to be a meme (and not even in the "artist formerly known as Prince" way, at its height, of "hey, it's crazy what he done, but you can't argue that he's not an accomplished musician").

But I've been travelling/sleeping since then, and this is one of my first online footfalls I've made, half a day later, so I'm confident that the internet-wags have already put this (and better) into the memosphere without my help. (It's so obvious, has there been no branding-expert been willing to be a "no man" to his Elonship and suggest something different/keep it unchanged might better?)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 24, 2023, 01:38:40 pm »

I typed twitter.com into the browser address bar for the first time in my life, and immediately tried to click the 'x' in the corner to close the login nag screen (it was of course actually the logo and did nothing). My first thought is that picking a name/logo which can't unambiguously appear in any GUI is an obvious mistake that any mediocre executive not surrounded by sycophants should notice immediately, but somehow I think this is the least of their problems.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 24, 2023, 02:09:25 pm »

Yeah me too first time  :) I knew what to expect and I still lol'd.

edit: honestly fucking THIS would have been better, haha I can't
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 02:26:19 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted X and you should too
« Reply #813 on: July 24, 2023, 02:28:42 pm »

Can the original thread poster edit the title from "I deleted twitter" to "I deleted X"?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 24, 2023, 02:31:23 pm »

Knock knock, open up the door, it's real
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 24, 2023, 02:33:42 pm »

Can the original thread poster edit the title from "I deleted twitter" to "I deleted X"?
or "Musk deleted Twitter and you should, too"

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 24, 2023, 02:39:15 pm »

or "Musk deleted Twitter and you should, too"

I actually L'd OL.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 24, 2023, 04:56:08 pm »

edit: honestly fucking THIS would have been better, haha I can't
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://xkcd.com/2690/

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 24, 2023, 05:48:26 pm »

Hm, was it worth it to spend so much money to shut down Twitter, when there are already replacement sites up-and-running.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 24, 2023, 06:20:57 pm »

Did just occur to me, there was probably, like... I don't know how much money thrown into the graphics design related to the twitter bird over the years. Probably more money than I'll ever have in the bank.

Musk's thrown it out for a unicode character. Part of me almost feels bad for the consortium, they're probably not getting any sort of attribution for their contribution of the design.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 24, 2023, 08:58:03 pm »

Spoiler: Meme dump (click to show/hide)
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 25, 2023, 03:32:20 am »

I've noticed that X is what you use when you ether don't have a name for something and don't want to or can't come up with something, and this whole thing feels like a step backwards by changing the name to X.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 25, 2023, 04:27:41 am »

I just can't understand the decision, it is destroying a few billion $ worth of brand's value for... for what?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 25, 2023, 04:45:33 am »

Elon is just a manchild with too much goddamn money. He's like one of those inbred royals that inexplicably got their country's crown and ran the kingdom into the ground.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 25, 2023, 05:12:15 am »

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 69