Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation  (Read 5499 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation
« on: April 18, 2022, 11:23:42 pm »

Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation
OOC

AAAAAA-

-AHEM

Prologue: the host of Hosts

This is the chronicle of a world, a world barren which once knew the guidance of a Host. We the Three Attendants know not if they were wise or cruel, a creator or a destructor, an emotionless force or a temperamental power. Only was known of their absence.

O Host, have you returned? Nay! They are manyfolds, dozenfolds even, and although they are not the Old Host they are Hosts all the same. Very well! We bow to our new Hosts, us Attendants! You who bear the Proofs of Divinity, you who may wield the Rights over the nascent world.

Here lies only the formless unwritten, an absence which begets existence.

O Hosts, give us form! Such is the desire of the unborn world!

Here are their Names, their very Proofs of Divinity:
- NOTWITHSTANDING
- Hexapoda
- The Vircine Chiropod
- Alice & The Pierce
- Sp(fl)y
- TOAA, THE ONE ABOVE ALL
- The Root of All Rice, The Endlessly Growing Stalks which Reside amidst the Waters of Creation whose Roots bridge the Gap between Lowly and Lofty Realms
- Onti, the Encrusting March of the Foreign Ocean
- Ferrous
- Xe'kekxlia the Fool of the Unseen Play
- Butterfly Buttercup, the Coincidental Cause, the Sending Storm, the Disordered Disaster
- Bartatam, A divine gardener

-AAAAAA *COUGH*

Rights allocation and clarifications

Every Host has received 2 Rights of Creation and 1 Right of Destruction.

The following Special Rights are available:
- 1 Perfect Right of Master Lawmaking: a gift from the Old Host. With the approval of all Hosts and the Three Attendants, the Master Law may be edited.
- 1 Harmonious Right of True Rewind: a gift from the Old Host. With the approval of all Hosts, the World may be reverted to a past state. (Warning: it will also affect Hosts!)
- 1 Left Half Combined Right of Universal Lawmaking: a gift from the Old Host. With the approval of half the current Hosts, a Universal Law may be created. Hosts involved in this Right may not be involved in the Right right.
- 1 Right Half Combined Right of Universal Lawmaking: a gift from the Old Host. With the approval of half the current Hosts, a Universal Law may be created. Hosts involved in this Right may not be involved in the Left right.

Current per player actions limit:
- 2 uses of Rights of Creation of any type.
- 1 use of Rights of Destruction of any type.
- 1 use of a Specialized Right of any type.*
- 1 participation in a Combined Right of any type.

Any number of Rights may be consumed per use.
Rights can be freely exchanged.
*Specialized Rights may be used as a Base Right instead of a Specialized Right if possible. For example, a Specialized Right of Creation may be used as a Right of Creation in order to keep the Specialized Right "slot" for something else.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 02:15:55 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 11:24:43 pm »

Players Status

Spoiler: Hexapoda (Leonardo8) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sp(fl)y (Stirk) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ferrous (Glass) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 01:47:48 am by Nakéen »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 11:41:09 pm »

The Vircine Chiropod dances out a question before the assembled Hosts:

MAKE WORLD ME MAKE SHINE WORLD ME SHINE WORLD MAKE ME SHINE WORLD MAKE ME FLOWER

It flourishes its specialized Right of World Creation as if in explanation and taps the very tiniest piece of its legitimacy to conjure a figment of a nondescript hollow spherical world within which an immense sunflower grows. The sunflower, being a sun in its own right, fills the cavity of the world with light.

Quote from: Votebox on liking the Vircine Chiropod's current world idea
BZZ (1): Chiropod
ZZB (0):
Quote from: Unnamed hollow world with a sunflower in
Name: TBD
Type: World
Description: A nondescript hollow spherical world within which an immense sunflower grows. The sunflower, being a sun in its own right, fills the cavity of the world with light.
Spoiler: Preview (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:46:02 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 11:57:24 pm »

BZZ (א‎2‎‎): Chiropod, NOTWITHSTANDING
ZZB (0):

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 12:09:16 am »

BZZ (א‎3): Chiropod, NOTWITHSTANDING, Butterfly Buttercup
ZZB (0):
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:20:30 am by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 12:45:52 am »

"are Ye lot ah'll payin' un' hov' yer [Rights of Creation] ach fer zat wurld?"
"Or iz ye lot thunkin' the rezt uh uz iz gonna cover it fur yaz?"

Spoiler: TRANSLATION (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 12:49:39 am »

The Chiropod repeats its question-dance, clapping on ME throughout for emphasis with multiple pairs of squigid arms. It appears the Chiropod, having a Specialized Right of World Creation, is perfectly willing to pay for the world.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 12:59:16 am »

Code: (Universal law Vote, Left Right) [Select]
Universal law of planetary downsizing: 1, Xe'kekxlia
Until further notice, all planets larger than a region in size will be disassembled into habitable 'region sized chunks' and sent to orbit around the center of the universe in a vague asteroid field.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 01:21:02 am »

BZZ (א‎4): Chiropod, NOTWITHSTANDING, Butterfly Buttercup, Bartatam
ZZB (0):
And I am willing to help create it, I am exipirinced with the art of gardening a world
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 06:17:33 am »

BZZ (א5): Chiropod, NOTWITHSTANDING, Butterfly Buttercup, Bartatam, Toaa
ZZB (0):

The primary habitat of my worshippers is of no consequence to me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2022, 07:01:40 am »

"Which is the field, and which is the grain. Oh Lowly Realm, where is your sun?"

Quote from: World within World
Name: Lowly Realm
Description: A great ocean lit by light from the sunflower above. Landmasses sprout even as the sphere turns, bringing night and day, as trees and other flora grow upon the new landmasses.

Qualities:
- Inner World: Exists within it's own space cut off from the rest. Only the Sunflower can be seen above, that which gives it light.
- Bountiful: Filled with life and nutrients.
- Regional Islands: Each Region is an Island in it's own right.

Quote from: Votebox on liking the Vircine Chiropod's current world idea/Root's idea
BZZ (א6): Chiropod, NOTWITHSTANDING, Butterfly Buttercup, Bartatam, Toaa, Root of All Rice
ZZB (0):

RICE! (1/3 Rights): Root of All Rice uses 1 Right of Creation,

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 10:52:50 am »

Butterfly Buttercup swirled into visible existence, descending from the infinite encompassing all that is and is not. Rich and thick golden syrupy butter overflowed from its manifold petals. Butterflies eagerly drank of the milky nectar. The careful flapping of various wings may or may not have been related to the coincidental rearrangement of air or non-air into what may or may not have been words and sentences.

"Oh hello there everyone! Nice to meet you all! I am Buttercup! But you could just call me Butter if you like. That sunflower looks positively gorgeous VC! Very nice, very nice! Let me just..."

Butterfly Buttercup trips on empty void and accidentally scatters pollen and gobs of butter all over Vircine Chiropod's pristine world! Oh no! Even worse, most of the pollen and butter suddenly begins to move and mutate, turning into all sorts of new lifeforms, filling the Bounteous domes with a new ecosystem!

Invoke my two Rights of Creation to create multiple species of life all over VC's world!

"-oh no! How clumsy of me! I'm so sorry VC, I just wanted to give you this neat fruit basket!"

Butterfly Buttercup hands a clearly second hand fruit basket to VC, with all the best bits already eaten leaving only the less tasty bits.

The following Special Rights are available:
- 1 Perfect Right of Master Lawmaking: a gift from the Old Host. With the approval of all Hosts and the Three Attendants, the Master Law may be edited.
- 1 Harmonious Right of True Rewind: a gift from the Old Host. With the approval of all Hosts, the World may be reverted to a past state. (Warning: it will also affect Hosts!)
"My dear fellow Hosts, Hostesses and Hostlings, I would like to propose that the imbuement of Proofs of Divinity into non-Hosts be a reversible process, so that we can temporarily empower beings, and withdraw that empowerment if they should prove to be unpopular among the general Host crowd? A good idea no? I certainly think so!"

Butterfly Buttercup votes that the Perfect Right of Master Lawmaking be used to allowed reversible Proof of Divinity imbuement

"Further, I think the world would be better off if we had the original Host back so-"

Butterfly Buttercup votes that the Harmonious Right of True Rewind be used to revert time back to when the original Host was still alive and well.

Species Name: Buttercups
Description: Various types of Buttercups, from giant tree-cups to standard savannah-cups and aquatic lily-cups and kelp-cups and shrub-cups filling most of the surface of the Bounteous Domes with a profusion of various sorts of buttercup vegetation, nutritious, tasty, good-smelling and a generous provider of nectar and sometimes lumber depending on type.

Traits:
- Ubiquitous: Everywhere you would expect to find some sort of plant, you can find a Buttercup adapted to fill that niche, and even in several places where you would not expect them.
- Fecund: Buttercups reproduce and grow at a rapid place, rapidly outcompeting most other plants to fill up every available space with yet more buttercups.
- Pleasant: Buttercups are nearly the ideal crop, being fast growing, nutritious, useful, and smelling better than any animal will ever be able to, the slobs.
- Fateful: Strange coincidences, both lucky and unlucky, are more likely to occur around large quantities of buttercups. Stumbling into your arch-rival who was also somewhere else in the thousands of miles of buttercups and you would not have met normally. Happening to find the only buried treasure chest for miles when digging an latrine, etc.
Species Name: Sunflowers
Description: All Sunflowers are bioluminescent in varying intensities, in honour of their great progenitor in the sky, which regularly rains down storms of sunflower seeds which ensure that Sunflowers will never die out as long as the Sunflower does shine...

Sunflowers are strong independent plants who tend to grow together in small clusters or entirely alone, at higher altitudes where buttercups begin to struggle, their thick bark extruding resins to protect against the cold and insects. But they are also present here and there throughout the rest of the Bounteous Domes, and are notable for certain subterranean variants thriving in caves and deep gorges and other places where the common Buttercup tends to be entirely absent.

Traits:
- Bioluminescent: Sunflowers glow! A pale reflection of their solar progenitor.
- Hardy: Sunflowers are well-adapted to various environmental conditions, and will thrive where most other plants can't grow at all.
- Eternal: As long as the great Sunflower in the Sky exists, Sunflowers will sprout anew from its grand seed-storms, even if wiped out somehow.
- Addictive: Staring too long into Sunflower light, or eating too many of its seeds or other parts gives the consumer mild euphoria and is mildly addictive.
Species Name: Dahlias
Description: The parasitic or commensalist Dahlias tend to grow on other plants, or in creepers up against cliffs or other vertical surfaces, with orchlias often surviving purely through air-roots that provide them sufficient moisture and nutrients while perched high up in tree-cups, or dahlia ivies strangling shrub-cups to death over time before taking their place. Some technically non-dependent Dahlia variants also exist and grow here and there amidst the vast amounts of Buttercups, but usually they can be found perched on some sunflower of 'cup.

Traits:
- Loafers: Dahlias have never done an honest day's work in their life. Genetically lazy, they like leeching off anything and everything around them.
- Medicinal: Dahlias tend to have interesting properties useful for healing various illnesses and ailments
- "Medicinal": And also interesting properties that alters the mental state in various ways.Hallucinogenics, alcoholics, soporifics, painkillers, painbirthers, uppers, downers, sidewayers, and many more are common among these colourful flowers.
Species Name: Daisies
Description: The feeders on rot and putrescence who sprout up on dead plants and corpses, helping to decompose them to bring the nutrients back into the environment. Some variants also sometimes infect various animal life, mind-controlling them, eventually making them head to high places where daisy flowers sprout from their heads to scatter their seeds to the winds. Also tends to grow parasitically on living plants, and likes darker or more swampy or nutrient poor locations, making up the fringes of the vast Buttercup-type biomes.

Traits:
- Worms: A vital part of the food-chain, the Daisies breakdown organic matter for the next generation.
- Mind-Control: Daisies have an unpleasant tendency to control the actions of animals for their own alien goals...
- Intelligent: Large clusters of certain species of Daisies have shown a concerning tendency to self-organize and use-tools. More common among mind-controlling species, one of these might actually rise into a full race of sapients...
- Patterned: Daisies tend to grow in pleasing geometric patterns, and believe these patterns to be inherent to every aspect of existence, and will force patterns onto events and things where they might not be a good fit.
Species Name: Butterflies
Description: Various species of butterflies and moths to fill all conceivable ecological niches, from giant grazing land butterflies who produce milk (for butter) to pretty fish-butterflies winging their way through the water, to vampiric butterflies who drink the blood of other lifeforms to fearsome tiger-butterflies, apex predators who hunt all that cross their path.

Traits:
- Ubiquitous: Everywhere you would expect to find some sort of animal, you can find a Butterfly adapted to fill that niche, and even in several places where you would not expect them.
- Fecund: Butterflies reproduce and grow at a rapid place, rapidly outcompeting most other animals to fill up every available space with yet more butterflies.
- Gregarious: Butterflies tend to be herd-creatures gathering together in large groups.
- Cursed: Anyone who eats too much butterfly flesh will find themselves suffering bouts of misfortune which become longer and more dangerous the more butterfly meat they consume, eventually all but guaranteeing their death. This wears off over time, so moderate butterfly consumption is sustainable.
Species Name: Moths
Description: The smaller, weaker, plainer cousins of the butterflies, often fighting for scraps in their shadows, or living in the places they do not deign to, or resorting to parasitism.

Traits:
- Nocturnal: Moths cannot stand the glorious light of the Sunflower, and only come out when it is obscured by clouds or a theoretical moon. But they are well suited to these dark moments, and will even outcompete butterflies or other lifeforms in caves and other dark places they might spread towards.
- Hibernatory: Giving the long durations between their windows of activity, Moths are well suited to long periods of perfect stasis during which they will not degrade or starve, until the next dark period.
- Perceptive: Moths have incredibly keen senses to evade butterfly predators or out-maneuver clueless butterfly prey. This often causes them to see, hear or smell dread things they would have been better off not knowing existed...
Species Name: Flies
Description: These tiny creatures fill a role similar to the Daisies, feeding on the dead, but also on flowers and fruits, and sucking the blood of butterflies. They are smaller than even moths, filling various true insect roles that butterflies did not take for whatever reason, making them the second most common animal family within the Buttercup paradigm.

Traits:
- Stealthy: It is hard to notice flies, who seem almost divinely stealthy in their manner. Indeed, even if you spot a fly, your attention just seems to slide off them for some reason...
- Parasitic: Flies seem prone to be bloodsuckers, or lying their eggs inside their still living prey to hatch and eat them from the inside out, or other nefarious behaviour...
- Decomposers: Along with Daisies, flies are a vital part of the decomposition part of the food circle, ensuring that the entire world is not just filled with dead rotting things.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:31:33 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2022, 11:12:05 am »

Butterfly Buttercup votes that the Harmonious Right of True Rewind be used to revert time back to when the original Host was still alive and well.

Sp(fl)y takes a drag from a cigarette that doubles as a hidden camera.

"That would kill the majority of the Hosts I'm afraid. It is hardly in our best interest to erase ourselves."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2022, 12:13:07 pm »

Sp(fl)y takes a drag from a cigarette that doubles as a hidden camera.

"That would kill the majority of the Hosts I'm afraid. It is hardly in our best interest to erase ourselves."
Butterfly Butercup flutters their petals in flattery

"This is a very true insight, dearest spiffy Splfy!  But I believe this sacrifice is worth it. Fortunately or unfortunately, this reversal will only occur if everyone agrees this is to the common good however, so there is probably nothing to worry about"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2022, 01:00:32 pm »

Alice steps off the cliff into the void, then shakes her head. For a moment she attempts to decide how much time had just passed, despite the fact that the answer to that question is undefined.

The situation is puzzling, seeing as Alice is currently capable of being matter, and seems to be looped into a linear progression of time, and yet she is surrounded by absolutely nothing. Not even vacuum attempting to pull her eyes out.
"Okay, Pierce, what am I looking at here?"
"This is a primordial empty, ready to be shaped into a world or several. It would seem that a number of Divines showed up at the same time to participate, and we're one of them."
"Gods? But I don't see any here. Just darkness."
"That's because there's no such thing as light yet. Human eyes are not adapted to this environment."
"Oh, right. Patch me in, then, so that I can talk to them."

"Um, hello? Gods? I was thinking that it would be good to, uh, make a world which is good for the people we're going to be putting in it? Assuming that we're going to be making people?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8