Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation  (Read 5495 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2022, 04:01:02 pm »

I’m afraid I thought of that. Nihlo is immune to destruction acts, you will have to find another one to kill it. Also, spreading chaos is not threatening the host, you are in no danger and it can’t reach you. You are perfectly safe.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2022, 04:01:43 pm »

Toaa places it’s interest on Nihlo.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2022, 04:11:42 pm »

"Ahahaha! Oh, this will be fun to see, then."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2022, 04:14:03 pm »

I’m afraid I thought of that. Nihlo is immune to destruction acts, you will have to find another one to kill it. Also, spreading chaos is not threatening the host, you are in no danger and it can’t reach you. You are perfectly safe.
The Amnesiac Archivist reaffirmed his statement to TOAA.
"I am afraid my words weren't clear enough. It is impossible for a creation to resist a Right of Destruction, for being able to resist the power of the Hosts would be the same as having a mean to challenge, thus representing an act of Blasphemy."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2022, 04:46:02 pm »

The Amnesiac Archivist reaffirmed his statement to TOAA.
"I am afraid my words weren't clear enough. It is impossible for a creation to resist a Right of Destruction, for being able to resist the power of the Hosts would be the same as having a mean to challenge, thus representing an act of Blasphemy."

Figures. Hopefully it gets a a bunch of damage done before is destroyed. Also, “Alice” or whatever your name is. You have just made a enemy with a very long memory. I hope to see you die one day. Until then, goodbye. And remember, I will always be watching you.

Toaa switches it’s interest to seraphim.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2022, 04:48:04 pm »

"I've done nothing to you, and you've attempted blasphemy against the very world. Realize your ego and reign it in."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2022, 02:30:17 pm »

"Oh, Dear hos host Hexapoda, I have to agree with Butterfly Buttercup somewhat, if the land under the control of the antant and waspwasp is to be so desolate, I would prefer them to not be so expansionist, it would be better for you to handle this issue, for I think my control over them would be less precise and more destructive, I still desire their existence for the have proven to be able to bring grandeur."
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2022, 11:30:26 pm »

The Amnesiac Archivist giggles with satisfaction.

"Although with a delay, my work is done! The state of the World has been archived, never to be lost!"

(The Compendium has been updated, right under Player Status)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2022, 11:45:36 pm »

"Thank you, Archivist. Your work is very helpful."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2022, 11:57:39 pm »

"You have my thanks, Host Alice! It is an honour to keep the memory of a Host's creations, and my purpose would be naught if it weren't for the many works brought to life by the Hosts."

(Minor but important correction. Declarations of Lawmaking have been updated to Declarations of World Lawmaking, as was the original intent. There is currently no way to easily obtain Rights of Lawmaking of Absolute-class and above.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2022, 12:19:09 am »

Sensing an imminent need for world restoration measures, the Vircine Chiropod begins rolling up the combined refuse of the existing worlds up into a ball in case anything untoward should happen to any of them. (-3 Rights of Creation)
Name: Middengard
Type: World
Description: Middengard is the compost pile of the cosmos, a place for forgotten and unwanted things to decompose and slowly return to more generally useful states. As most of its material is currently drawn from the Bounteous Domain, its very surface is almost entirely a festering poison swamp where the ground is equal parts fetid, stagnant water and concerningly warm mud sparsely dotted by what fungi survived transplantation. Deep below the surface settles what dense debris the Chiropod collected in the process of rolling up Middengard, and inexplicable metal fragments and entire boulders sit embedded in a matrix of slowly compacting, increasingly sterile earth (not entirely unlike rodent bones in owl pellets buried under layers of slowly forming sandstone). Unaltered, unprotected, or otherwise unspecialized higher life forms will likely struggle to take root and thrive on Middengard, although the Vircine Chiropod, lulludent as always, bears them no specific grudge should they try.

At the moment, Middengard is built solely by direct action by Hosts, but in the future, Laws may allow it to accrete junk from other worlds on its own to support reconstruction and repair efforts on other worlds.

The Chiropod makes no declarations of intent at this time.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2022, 11:01:14 pm »

AAAAAAAA!
(Hosts who haven't manifested themselves in the next 48h will be skipped for the coming turn!)

edit* make it 48h
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 11:03:36 pm by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2022, 12:25:49 am »

Don't need the information for this turn per se, but I'd like a better idea of how many Engineers there are, whether their population is changing yet, and how crowded the Citadel is. Please dear best Archiver.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2022, 01:38:52 pm »

"Well, I will do it myself"

Act of destruction: spend 2 rights of destruction to send the vast majority of Antants and Waswasps to Middengard, leaving only the least violent and weakest colonies on the Bounteous Domain
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 08:23:37 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2022, 06:48:50 pm »

Give Ferrous 1 Creation Right. For... whatever he's working on.
A wide and wild grin breaks across Ferrous' face. Perhaps you could still see chunks of eggshell in his teeth.
My thanks to you, Spearmaiden! I assure you, the Domicile for your most excellent Engineers shall be a glorious one. Let us begin.

Three Rights of Creation in hand, Ferrous sets about the construction of a World - though one far different from what he had once been. The first Right was laid out and hammered flat, the better to construct the nascent World's shell with. The sheet is carefully hammered into a hollow spire, simple for Ferrous to grasp, yet mortals could have spent days or even weeks walking its diameter. Then, the center two-thirds of the spire was heated to a yellow glow, and Ferrous pushed down on the spire's upper end, extruding the middle out into an extensive disk. Quickly, before it cooled, Ferrous took his tongs to shape the disk - pulling out an extrusion here, opening a section there, until the spire was connected to an outlying ring by four primary spokes and a web of additional connectors - all unoccupied. Before Ferrous moved on, however, the central spire was capped off and closed, each end tapered into an elegant point.

The second Right was taken more delicately, unwoven into its conceptual components for the purposes of raw creation. The lower end of the central spire is lined with balconies and bridges, tight enough together to be navigated like a dense jungle; cables of indeterminate function hang from a myriad edges, permitting those who are agile or great of upper body strength an fascinating method of mobility. High above, in contrast, the upper end of the spire is filled with free-floating platforms, drifting over time, full of opportunity for those who can make the leap or learn to direct the platforms' flight; a set of spiral staircases also lines the walls of this region.
The spokes and rim, meanwhile, already comparatively restrained in space, are filled with a more substantial weaving. One has its walls lined with broken aquaponics gardens, where cuprous overgrowth revels in overflowing nickel-enhanced mercury, and silver blooms precede golden fruits and lead tubers. In another, matter fabrication stations are simplicity to find, yet there is not one instruction manual in the entire locale. A third is filled with the chatter of lost Computers, yet the very signal that they are present in such numbers obfuscates the position of any one. The fourth and final is a mess of production lines; where they end is unclear, and any attempt to ride them down is wont to end in death, but even a half-made construction may give hints to its purpose. And even then, Ferrous was not done, seeding small amounts of each spoke into the others - a production line cut through and was obstructed by overgrowth, half-built Computers lay across a line, fabricators produced works according to the strange whims of a Computer, overgrowth fed on a fabricator perpetually spawning sodium soil. It was a strange system that sprouted within the station of Ferrous' construction.

And he was not done.

The web of connections was yet unfurnished - but it would not be so much longer. In contrast to his prior care, Ferrous tore the remaining Right to pieces, scattering its power with reckless abandon into the tangle of metal strands. There was no direction here, no order, only chaos, as the strings began to twist and shift and cut and make connections all their own. Geometries twisted with the torn magic given unto them, and strange workings of nonsensical functionality spawned within the mad labyrinth of the secondary webbings. Mechanisms that should not exist, that could not exist, gleefully defied any such decrees, working strange magics in the depths of the station.

Yes. It was complete. you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like

The Acropolis Argyros.
I certainly hope your Engineers are ready for a new home, Spearmaiden, for it is most certainly ready for them.

Spoiler: Acropolis Argyros (click to show/hide)

Noticing the lack of... oomph, behind the overgrowth and Deep, Ferrous looks at his remaining two Rights and tosses them after the rest of his creation, granting life to the Acropolis.

Ferrous looked across his works, and he was pleased.
But he knew what had happened to the Computers. Such would not be permitted.

Let it be known! I, Ferrous, God of Metal, intend to protect the Acropolis Argyros! So it is Declared, and so it shall be!
I shall not allow that which I have dominion over to be harmed where such may be prevented.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 08:30:15 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8