Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Champions of the Reborn SUN (Godgame 6/?)  (Read 2304 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Champions of the Reborn SUN (Godgame 6/?)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2022, 09:55:56 am »

a latecomer Fulgent representative stumbles into the meeting, having taken a wrong turn somewhere, black hair still smouldering from where it got scorched by an overheating pipe. They dust off their child-sized suit, and re-adjust their ledger, nearly the same size as their small body, and their pen-sword, explicitly designed to confound aphorists. They leave behind black inky footprints as they take their place beside the Direction Unit's batborne gem, ready to convey the will of Reaper-chan, the thankless toiler commanding vast armies of constructs through groupthink, and maintaining operation authority of fleets of railed constructor arms and tiny spy cameras to take irregular stock of various rarely visited store rooms. It is they that make sure all the endless galleries of high maintenance machinery which seem to fill every corner of the SUN actually get maintained, sending scrap to the proper recycling or waste facilities, check for inefficiencies caused by poor assembly or damages, and keep out a wary eye for mite infestations.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:53:09 am by Demonic Spoon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Champions of the Reborn SUN (Godgame 7/?)
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2022, 01:31:59 pm »

The frosted steel orb rotates to regard each representative of the council, more out of politeness than a need to perceive, seeing as all faces of the sphere are equally smooth and reflective. Seeing that all are present, it rings out in greeting.

"Welcome, my friends. I have a proposal to share with the council, if I may."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
It crashes into the floor for emphasis.
"MY EXISTANCE IS BLASPHEMY! I LIVE IN CONSTANT PAIN! LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE!"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2022, 03:25:46 pm »

The frosted steel orb rotates to regard each representative of the council, more out of politeness than a need to perceive, seeing as all faces of the sphere are equally smooth and reflective. Seeing that all are present, it rings out in greeting.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
"MY EXISTANCE IS BLASPHEMY! I LIVE IN CONSTANT PAIN! LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE LET ME DIE!"
"You may need to file a permit for that, cause I am unaware of any way to get you out of that machinery without messing it up. Do you require any maintenance?" Reaper-chan speaks with a gleam in her eye.

Opening her Ledger against the ground, mist is eaten by sparks of Fulgant ink capturing it.
"In other news, our current expenditure of SUNlight is in excess of our production. I would suggest thus that we populate the world below with mortals and place our Thrones posthaste so that we may make it livable for their Souls. That and flexing some creative liberties. For maxinum cost/benefit we should also make use of the Law to ensure that all mortals pick one of us to worship lest those Souls not make it to the divine Sun. If they do not decide themselves, their souls will drift to the one most in tune with themselves." Reaper-chan says with a grin.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 03:27:32 pm by TricMagic »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2022, 04:31:31 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

BFG makes a good faith effort attempt to kill them.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2022, 05:08:53 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"Relax, I am blasphemous as well, but if I do my job better I am less so, and maybe if I do it good enough I won't be, it can be the same for you"

"Also, I oppose the killing of anyone until we either figure their replacement or prove them unnecessary, so what is it you do?"

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2022, 06:07:30 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

BFG makes a good faith effort attempt to kill them.
Reaper-chan sketches a quick shield with her sword to protect from blastback.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2022, 06:10:04 pm »

An unnerving cackling came out from a corner of the storeroom, illuminated by flickering fulgent flame.
"Neehehe, blasphemous is but our lot. Flawed we are, cursed by a negligence outside of our control. But here we are... the blasphemous only prevail. Hehehehe..."

The flaming spoon then spun with demonic glee, thinking of the prospect of mortal-farms.
"Yeees mortal-fuel, kindle-souls... How long has it been? The Fulgent Furnace has been deprived of them for so long, forgotten as it was... The Fulgent Flame hungers, the Fulgent Flame must grow, nuhuhuhu..."

The fiery spoon then tapped the top of the Tip with the tip of the spoon.
"My cold, poor frosted associate. The Fulgent Flame welcomes all, it is not discriminate among fuel! If you were to offer yourself as a modest contribution, your woes would be solved and your self reborn! Hehehehehe..."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2022, 06:14:26 pm »

"My rebirth... is blasphemy. To be returned to the cycle of perpetuity, over, and over, and over. Can't you see? I don't wish to forget, I don't wish to be something new. I wish to not go on."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2022, 12:39:13 am »

+-------------+
|             |+
|             |
|       O     | Let's
|       O     | per-
|         O   | mit
|             |
|             |+
|             |
|           O | wor-
|           O | ship-
|           O | ping
|             |
|         O   |+the
|       O     | SUN's
|       O     | light.
|             |
|             |
|             |
|      O      |+Let's
|      O      | for-
|       O     | bid
|       O     | the
|       O     | act
|       O     | of
|         O   |+talk
|             |
|             |
|        O    | with
|        O    | Night-
|             |
|    O        |+Hor-
|  O          | rors.
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |
|    O        |+Let's
|  O          | re-
|    O        | quire
|  O          | the
|    O        | use
|             |
|    O        |+of
|    O        | gold
|  O          | and
|O            | bone
|             |
|             |
|             |+
|      O      | to
|      O      | vi-
|    O        | ta-
|      O      | lize
|             |
|     O       |+SUN-
|    O        | shine
|      O      | SUN-
|      O      | light
|    O        | and
|    O O      | law.
|             |+
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |
|       O     |+Let's
|       O     | for-
|         O   | bid
|             |
|             |
|             |
|           O |+ga-
|           O | zing
|           O | u-
|             |
|         O   | pon
|       O     | the
|       O     |+SUN.
|             |
|             |
|             |
|      O      | Let's
|      O      | re-
|       O     |+quire
|       O     | that
|       O     |
|             |
|         O   | things
|             |
|         O   |+be
|         O   | named
|       O     | af-
|             |
|      O      | ter
|       O     | it.
|             |+
|             |
|             |
|  O          | Per-
|    O        | mit
|             |
|    O        |+mor-
|  O          | tals
|    O        | to
|             |
|    O        | a-
|       O     | scend
|       O     |+as
|    O        | long
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |+
|      O      | as
|      O      | pa-
|    O        | per-
|      O      | work
|    O        | is
|   O         |+filled.
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |
+-------------+

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2022, 01:14:17 am »

Turn 0.333... Frosted Legislation, with notes of Fulgence

In a moving plea the TIP has begged for their own death. The BFG attempted to fulfill their plea both in word and deed, supporting the "Let TIP Die" proposal and firing upon TIP's metal ball avatar with their large gun. Most other Avatars ducked for cover or hid behind ink-shields, as a line of burning fire connected the BFG and TIP for a moment, half melting TIP's metal sphere so that it wobbles and its speech crackles, yet remains cursedly functional. The mini-BFG begins its long cooldown routine and will probably need to recharge before it can fire again.

Quote from: End TIP

Sadly the proposal has insufficient support at the moment, needing at least two more votes. Several Champions have raised concerns of the vital part the Blot serves in the overall functioning of the SUN and whether terminating it is really wise.

So far, Reaper-Chan and Demonic Spin the Fulgent Flame are in favour of placing mortals on the World. The Cardinal Movement has implied support, which the vote-tracking daemons seemed to have picked up. At least one more vote seem necessary to activate whatever stimulus is steadily thrumming against its release valves.
Quote from: Place Mortals on World
, 🔥,

Reaper-Chan motions that an addition should be made to SUN-LAW so that all mortal souls created will end up back on the SUN, to prevent losses, mortal souls drifting towards whoever they are most compatible with if they do not worship a specific champion.

Quote from: Soul Attraction LAW

The Cardinal Movement has, through a moving song, proposed an ambitious motion to the assembled Championed Avatars to
  • PERMIT worshiping the SUN's light.
  • FORBID the act of talk with Night-Horrors.
  • REQUIRE the use of gold and bone to vitalize the SUNshine, SUNlight, and SUNlaw.
  • FORBID gazing upon the SUN.
  • REQUIRE that things be named after the SUN.
  • PERMIT mortals to ascend as long as paperwork is filled (in triplicate).
This seems quite pleasing to some idly churning and clickity-clacketing sub-processes and flywheels, but who knows if it will meet approval under the scrutiny of the Champions.

Quote from: The Cardinal Movement's proposal

No one has suggested a name for the World yet! The scribe-hand responsible for drawing up that part of the agenda droops sadly, its servos whining slightly.

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)
((People are still free to join or finish up their sheets))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 01:21:57 am by Demonic Spoon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2022, 01:25:48 am »

Support all propositions thus far.

"M M M M MORE. POWER. HARNESS. CONTROL. ATTAIN. SOVEREIGNTY."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2022, 02:21:31 am »

Directional unit support placing mortals on world, Souls attraction Law and the cardinal movement proposal

Offer Counterproposal to End TIP: Make a committee to figure out a replacement to TIP

"If we can figure out you can be replaced or aren't necessary, I will support ending you in the next council meeting"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 02:24:40 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2022, 08:03:40 am »

Directional unit support placing mortals on world, Souls attraction Law and the cardinal movement proposal

Offer Counterproposal to End TIP: Make a committee to figure out a replacement to TIP

"If we can figure out you can be replaced or aren't necessary, I will support ending you in the next council meeting"
"Agreed. I would suggest looking into that TIP."
Looking into her ledger and flipping some pages to a list of binary translations, "Of names for this planet, I would propose Sulivishka. It's a fairly archaic pronunciation, but serves to tie this planet's identity to the SUN. I have no opinion myself on The Cardinal Movement's proposal, though would not be opposed on a trial basis."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:05:40 am by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2022, 06:41:37 pm »

Proposed:
   FORBID wasting sunlight.
   FORBID wasting souls.
   FORBID wasting gods.
   FORBID wasting worship.
   FORBID wasting planets.
   FORBID wasting paper.
   REQUIRE reuse of all resources.

Proposal to be named "Environmental Protection Act".

furthest is willing to support ending TIP if and only if it is properly recycled, perhaps into a decorative ice sculpture.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2022, 07:45:19 pm »

Proposed:
   FORBID wasting sunlight.
   FORBID wasting souls.
   FORBID wasting gods.
   FORBID wasting worship.
   FORBID wasting planets.
   FORBID wasting paper.
   REQUIRE reuse of all resources.

Proposal to be named "Environmental Protection Act".

furthest is willing to support ending TIP if and only if it is properly recycled, perhaps into a decorative ice sculpture.
Reaper-chan opens their Ledger to a certain page and shows it.
"As you can see, the amount of paper used by the belfry is in excess of your proposal. In that it sends a large number of reports on paper plasmatic rings. Or in other words, none at all. Most paper is currently used by myself to make legers, though there is a large amount in storage. Furthermore the reuse of resources is aberrant, as those records allow one to look back. Which I can't do given I just woke up and most of the rest of the records seem to have been lost, likely used as fuel for the sun. As well, what quantifies the wasting of souls? Is it not using them to fuel the SUN, or letting them rest within vaults, or perhaps it's recycling them into the cycle of reincarnation? Which is in itself a reuse of resources as I skim off their collected memories to fuel the SUN. Indeed, we can certainly be said to be wasting SUNlight, but can we really afford to lower it so that we lose none of it? Night Terrors would come and lay waste to us, which is forbidden by your proposal. And their is much use in TIP yet to be used, for each throne allows more Souls, which would be wasteful if we lost that, right? Are you still listening or have I short-circuited your hive?"

Reaper-chan is making fun of the proposal by reading and showcasing a flurry of contradicting information within the proposal itself. Or maybe trying to see how fast a Flaming god can overheat.

The wasting of the planet is also dubious, what qualifies. Is it ensuring as much space is lit as possible, or that we overlap a single area of civilization? Should our areas be connected and candles never used, or will we burn the candle at both ends to waste SUNlight What even qualifies as a planet anyway, we only have one. Does the planet have a Soul that can waste, and what paper exists upon it currently decaying? Does this mean that paper won't decay at all? If so then it can't be recycled either, as it would be wasteful to write something down that isn't important enough, so what qualifies as important? Is it the amount of Sunlight received, trade ledgers, or tomes of arcane might? Perhaps a accounting of the BFG's latest yield, or TIP's verbose account of death-wishes? What constitutes a death wish, and what constitutes worship? Is worship a waste if the one worshiping is not doing something else, or should someone always be worshiping. Is ritual death a form of worship under these clauses, and if so isn't that itself a future waste of potential? What happens when there are no more mortals being born because they are were forced to commit ritual suicide on their children and died of old age? Or would it be dehydration that killed them? Does it matter what form of death someone undergoes in the production of SUNlight? Did you really think ths through or is this entire concil meating a waste of SUNlight? Does your only throttling of the SUNlight count as wasting it, or is there something that costs souls paperwork to discover? Should we put TIP in from of the Lenses?

... It may also be possible Reaper-chan just feels like tearing this proposal to shreds, much like a piece of paper. Do some of these facts in her ledger/tome even make sense? Or is Reaper-chan just testing how fast a Fulgent can talk?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4