Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation (OOC)  (Read 2176 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation (OOC)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2022, 09:44:10 pm »

I was trying for not-strange, but my uh, ideas about the void preclude completely avoiding strangeness in a godgame.

Having the ability to create anything you can think of and coming up with "humans" is pretty strange.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 12:01:24 am »

Name: Butterfly Buttercup, the Coincidental Cause, the Sending Storm, the Disordered Disaster

Physical Description: A vast buttercup from whose petal rims overflows an endless stream of rich golden butter. A swarm of beautiful kaleidoscopic butterflies whose wing edges have infinite length eagerly drink from the buttery nectar and surround the flower in a lethally dangerous storm-swarm.

Personality: Butterfly Buttercup enjoys a good series of coincidences, a well crafted play, the perfectly engineered downfall of a glorious dynasty, the wrecking of worlds, the gifting of fortunate bounties, mirrors who attempt and fail to reflect its infinite glory, and erroneous records and histories.

Backstory and Powers: While seeing all that would be the Puzzled Prophetess saw the collapse of a millennium old empire by the storm caused by the flap of a single butterfly's wings. Knowing this to be a metaphor, she ignored it, and the afterwind of a grand storm gently ruffled her hair.

Though they can no longer recall it, when writing down the cause of the grand storm that felled an empire, the Amnesiac Archivist miswrote of the storm-butterfly resting on a buttercup "divine" rather than "divan". Since everything the Archivist writes is true by definition, from one of the faces of the Crazed Chronicler sprouted a sublimely divine golden buttercup attended by a storm of ominous butterflies, thus retroactively existed the Butterfly Buttercup.

Initial Bonus: An additional Proof of Divinity.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 12:10:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 05:45:38 am »

Name: Bartatam, A divine gardener

Physical Description: An old looking brow humanoid figure made of wood,  on their back and hands they carry gardening tools made of wood and a golden twig

Personality: Patient and nourishing, but decisive and violent in the presence of rot

Backstory and Powers: One of those born from the divine tree to care for it, spend eternities caring and nourishing it, from that they learned to recognize and remove rot and decay and how to allow the healthy part grow, as the tree slowed it growth nearing the edge of the world, Bartatam took a twig from it to plant and grow another one in a new world

Initial Bonus: Choose one bonus to start the game with.
- An additional Proof of Divinity, the golden twig of the divine tree
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 02:11:45 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 10:23:07 pm »

Name: Onti, the Encrusting March of the Foreign Ocean

Physical Description: Onti is endless march of reef building coral. Onti to himself is humanoid in shape, possessing a body of inky black water. Looking into Onti is like peering out of a submarine, and one can see many miles through the inky depths, if one were to hold a light close to Onti. Onti rides upon a mass of rapidly growing mass of twisting coral, which spreads before him, and moves his throne along in a bright wave of various corals, anemones, tube worms and other marine life, but each twisted into an alien approximation, all which quickly perishes and crumbles to dust in Onti’s wake.

Personality: Onti believes that life as it normally exists is deeply flawed, and through his divinity, he has seen into what it should be. As such, Onti sees himself and his twisted creations as enlightened saviors among the broken and ill formed.

Backstory and Powers: Onti was born from a pocket universe, tiny and polluted, cut off from the universe as it stands now. There in that primordial depth, life found a way. Twisted and changed by this reality, it was no longer life as we imagine it, yet still it held fast. In time, that pocket collapsed in on itself, until finally it was dense enough that the force and pressure of the imploding edges of the bubble universe took form and gained consciousness. Onti was the result.

Initial Bonus: Choose one bonus to start the game with.
- An additional Proof of Divinity.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 10:32:02 pm »

AAAAAA-

When the Host disappeared, the Puzzled Prophetess heard whispers of fate foretelling the convenient return of a Host. Although she told the Amnesiac Archivist to note down the very important prophecy, the incessant screaming of the Crazed Chronicler masked some of the words...

That may explain why there is now an exact dozen of Hosts instead of one...

-AAAAAA

Spoiler: Hexapoda (Leonardo8) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sp(fl)y (Stirk) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ferrous (Glass) (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 11:24:23 pm »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2022, 08:18:43 pm »

>At the start of the game, players will be limited to two Rights slots.

So we can only have two creations right?

Everyone is kinda ignoring that and I wanna know if I can make more :V
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2022, 08:40:20 pm »

>At the start of the game, players will be limited to two Rights slots.

So we can only have two creations right?

Everyone is kinda ignoring that and I wanna know if I can make more :V

Confusing wording on my part! The aforementioned Right slots concern the number of actions per turn.

It would be better to call them Right Action Slots? There is as of yet no limit on the amount of Rights you can hold.

But you are limited in the number of actions you can do, in the case of creation this action limit is two at the moment. In each action you may pool as many Rights as needed.

On action limit. Are considered different actions the creation of two subjectively (to me) different entities.
Examples:
- A species and its subspecies/variants: 1 action
- Two species of different creatures: 2 actions
- a Region and a Creature: 2 actions
- a World and its Regions: 1 action

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2022, 07:44:06 am »

Question: a specialized destruction right must be used to destroy X thing, or it can be used to order X thing to destroy something else? Basically, can I only destroy my poor insect or use them to wreck something?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2022, 07:46:38 am »

afaik, only destroy them.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2022, 07:54:35 am »

Umm, crazyabe, I’m pretty sure we can’t use 3 acts at once RN?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2022, 07:58:19 am »

You can't preform 3 actions of creation, but each action can use more then one right
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2022, 07:59:57 am »

You can't preform 3 actions of creation, but each action can use more then one right
Aye!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2022, 11:26:03 am »

This is right!

When using a Right of Destruction, you have free control over what you choose to delete.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2022, 11:27:42 am »

This is right!

When using a Right of Destruction, you have free control over what you choose to delete.
Please delete apocalypsism from your insects Hexapoda kthx
Pages: 1 [2] 3