Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MegaMek Arms Race: The Resource Wars  (Read 508 times)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
MegaMek Arms Race: The Resource Wars
« on: April 16, 2022, 04:30:46 pm »

It is the year 2070, Long had the world been conflict-less, the two great nations of the world have long since been at peace, as an ancient treaty at the advent of nuclear weapons prevented any hot war between major power. This peace, proclaimed to be everlasting, is at the verge of ending as both powers realize that their deepest fears are coming true: The Oil Wells that kept the fuel industry and international commerce of both nations afloat, were going to run out within ten years. Nobody is quite sure who fired the first shot, but every nation-state in the world is sure: The Resource Wars have begun.

Welcome to The Resource Wars! I haven't run a game in here in forever, and I have a huge chunk of free time on my hands, so I figured i would run one with a twist: The battles, production, and to some extent Design will be simulated using the program MegaMek! The rules for this game are as follows:
Resources and Manufacturing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Buildings:
Commanders:

Turn order goes like this:
Design Phase: design new equipment for your military to use; anyone in the team can submit a design proposal and the team votes on one (or more, in special circumstances) proposal for their team to work on that round. In the following Design Results, based on a dice roll & difficulty of the design based on your technology level/experience, you get to see what your engineers came up with based on the proposal.
 Revision Phase: works similar to the design phase, but on a much smaller scale -- use revisions to change things about existing designs or make new designs/variants with a few changes/whatnot.
Manufacture Phase: Construct new buildings, Manufacture
Battle Phase: Deploy the manufactured units on the battlefield, assign commanders, give orders, that kinda thing. Bear in mine that the AI will control both sides in an actual battle, and these will behave according to the Commander picked for these sides.
The Internal Affairs Phase can exist though won't always appear, and simply exposits ongoing affairs and events within your side or anything else that may be relevant. Plot/lore/fluff stuff. If there's any player interaction in one of these phases, then it'll be detailed at the time.
The Battle Report is always posted in the core thread (this thread), and is universal to both sides. The rest of the phases/reports start/end at the same time but each side gets their own post about it in their own thread.
Links To Sides Incoming!
the map:https://imgur.com/a/8wyqjt1
Blue is Side X http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179743.0
Red is Side Y http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179744.0
Tech Known By all:
Basic Designs:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 05:38:43 pm by TheRedwolf »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Re: MegaMek Arms Race: The Resource Wars
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 05:39:39 pm »

Alright everything is Up-and-Ready For now!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 05:40:03 pm »

Joined side Y, the red ones
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 06:10:06 pm »

For passion! For glory! Join Side X today!
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 06:37:44 pm »

I wonder if there is a Side Z or if that's as unreal as a Pokemon Z game. Watching.