Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery  (Read 8205 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2022, 07:39:27 pm »

Ellen had followed over when the conversation was interrupted by the scam busting. Then she'd flipped over to another page of the sketch book when it started going cool places.

"...How do you even talk like that? I can hear the numbers." she said. Then she knelt down besides Gustave and flashed a grin. "Mind if I join in~? I was watching and this seemed like an interesting time. Apologies if I'm not so nimble fingered, but I've been wanting to test this~" she took something from her pocket - a weird gadget. Clear magitech engineering.

One might consider it cheating if they were boring, but Ellen was a magitech user not a thief type, she wasn't about to compete in a contest of lockpicking. She hit a button and the device whirred to life, and the metal of the second lock began to warp as she pressed the device against it. Who needs a key when you can use Metal magic to just tell the lock to not be a lock anymore?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2022, 01:14:07 am »

"Not nimble-fingered? That doesn't matter. Your only fault is that you're apologizing for cheating."

As he speaks, Gustave raises three fingers.

"Ready?"

One by one, he lowers the fingers.

"Go."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2022, 04:05:11 pm »

"I see I've got a lot to learn then!" Ellen said cheerfully, before getting to work - touching her tool against the lock. Rather than try and pick it open, she'd be trying to just bust it so she could open her side, using metallic-element magic.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2022, 04:49:37 pm »

Gustave smirks as he makes no move to pick the lock.

"Interesting tool. Keep going."

He stands up and walks to where Maya is holding Melthorion down, kneeling to talk to him.

"Here's a theory: you're about to claim these chests aren't yours."

Gustave reaches into Melthorion's pouches, looking for keys.

"It's a good thing I can test that."

Should Gustave find any keys, he will then proceed to try them on the chest's padlock.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2022, 08:28:08 pm »

Ceiwynn, who had rather unconsciously drifted towards the altercation, glanced up at the newcomer as he disentangle himself from the kite.

"Ah, hello!"

With some difficulty, she parsed his speech. She had put a lot of time into understanding the strange speech that some of the Divers used. Ceiwynn would never be a native speaker, but she thought that she was at least passable.

"The merchant here would like us to believe this l00t to be of fine quality, at least. If the good detective is right though, then it is in truth quite th1n, indeed."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 08:30:39 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2022, 06:27:55 pm »

Ellen finds that the lock gives easily to the tool. No special enchantments, then. Gustave, meanwhile, finds two pairs of keys.
"You...you don't know what you're doing!"

Joker and Maya look to each other as the wannabe leet-speaking newcomer approaches them. Maya gives Joker an almost imperceptible shrug.

"We're just here handling some wannabe hustler trying to pass off crappy weapons as endgame stuff. You're free to watch if you like. We're almost done just getting the goods he pawned off newbies."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2022, 08:14:59 pm »

"We've stalled long enough / Let us cut to the chase now / What is in that box?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2022, 02:11:21 am »

Gustave takes the keys to the lock Ellen isn't working on, and tries to open it. Savvy and expecting a classic trap, he tries turning each key the 'wrong' way first.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2022, 06:21:04 pm »

Gustave feels the key jar in place when he tries turning it the wrong way. Well, he was expecting far too much.

"Look, you wouldn't believe me if I told you, so just don't open that damn box!"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2022, 07:46:02 pm »

"Oh, please do. I cannot wait to discover what exactly is in those chests."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2022, 08:00:19 pm »

"You talk too damn much / The contents are surely more / Illegal items."

Sasaki nodded to Cynefrith and made a motion to go ahead and open the box.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2022, 02:19:59 am »

"You're right. I wouldn't believe if you told me. That's why I'm opening it."

Remembering that this is a race, Gustave finally turns the key and throws the chest open before checking how Ellen is doing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2022, 04:17:47 pm »

Ellen, on one hand, opens the chest pretty successfully. She finds a ton of bags of money, as expected.

Gustave, on the other hand, as his chest opens....

A flash of light blinds Gustave and the others as the chest opens, and he, along with the others in the vicinity, feel something happen. Something semi-corporeal, not wholly there. It seems to head straight to the middle of your head, only a mild shiver down your spine to indicate that anything has happened to you.

As you all recover from the blinding flash, for a brief moment, you see text float across your interfaces. Just for a moment, before it vanishes, and the world reappears.

CALADBOLG v0.54 installed.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2022, 02:55:05 am »

Gustave no longer cared who won the lockpicking competition. Though he had an inkling that something momentous had happened, he was no poet. In fact, he wasn't known for eloquence at all. Stunned, he still felt like he had to say something.

"...The fuck?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2022, 03:18:15 pm »

"What. . . Caladbolg?" She quickly moved to analyze the supposed installation, flipping through her menus with a thought in an attempt to track down the wayward code. "Gustave, did you get an installation message just now?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9