Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 129968 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #2430 on: March 02, 2023, 09:33:32 pm »

As a Russian Protestant, toppest of fucking keks.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: March 02, 2023, 10:19:49 pm »

My Number 1 reason why the US should keep funding the War in Ukraine at existing levels is: It's better than literally anything else the Democrats would be doing with the money.
::)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: March 02, 2023, 11:04:28 pm »

As a Russian Protestant, toppest of fucking keks.

I think, if you take Pepe the frog, put him in a suit, put some alt-right statement in a word bubble, then change him from green to white...you've got a fairly good approximation of Putin.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: March 02, 2023, 11:10:46 pm »

Spoiler: Da Bills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: More Bills Talk (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: March 03, 2023, 12:27:13 am »

Spoiler: more unrelated things (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: March 03, 2023, 12:32:39 am »

This temple is one of my favorite examples to argue that a huge majority of Christians don't give an F about what their particular cult will push. What matters for people without critical thinking is what their favorite authority says, no matter how disgusting and evil (and even contradicting their own religion) it is.

I feel like lumping together the probably small number of people who had this built, the people in their area and particular denomination of that religion who didn't have a choice about it being built, the people in their denomination of that religion elsewhere who also didn't have a choice about it being built, and people of entirely different denominations who ALSO also didn't have a choice about it being built is reductive in the extreme and not a good argument about anything. It does demonstrate that you know much less than you think about both Christians and Christianity, though.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: March 03, 2023, 12:48:56 am »

I think, if you take Pepe the frog, put him in a suit, put some alt-right statement in a word bubble, then change him from green to white...you've got a fairly good approximation of Putin.
"ПП Ћ ФРОГ"

:P

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: March 03, 2023, 01:32:53 am »

This temple is one of my favorite examples to argue that a huge majority of Christians don't give an F about what their particular cult will push. What matters for people without critical thinking is what their favorite authority says, no matter how disgusting and evil (and even contradicting their own religion) it is.

I feel like lumping together the probably small number of people who had this built, the people in their area and particular denomination of that religion who didn't have a choice about it being built, the people in their denomination of that religion elsewhere who also didn't have a choice about it being built, and people of entirely different denominations who ALSO also didn't have a choice about it being built is reductive in the extreme and not a good argument about anything. It does demonstrate that you know much less than you think about both Christians and Christianity, though.

Of course, Christians of other denominations don't like this temple, their authorities didn't say that it is great\fine. So, nothing stops them from seeing it as what it is - blasphemy and a mockery of a Christian church. It is the point.

Devout Russian Christians who regularly go to the Orthodox Russian Church do like (or at least don't mind) this temple and see nothing wrong it because their authorities (aka KGB priests) say it is fine. I asked them. And they discard any arguments that this is blasphemous. Gundyaev blessed it = it is fine. Period
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: March 03, 2023, 01:50:43 am »

I was not ready for the Russian cabal Church mosaics. These people are shitposting in reality.

And no, I wouldn't ascribe it to all Christians. I think undemocratic mass organization can harm any religion.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: March 03, 2023, 05:49:14 am »

The stuff inside that church is pretty metal, but what does it have to do with anything related to Christianity?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nothing says praise Jesus like a big brass phallus in front of the church.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: March 03, 2023, 07:52:02 pm »

Yet more reasons why I've always been more the "study at home on my own time" sort than the church-going sort.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: March 03, 2023, 10:45:40 pm »

Dear Russians who are anal raped by fake news on a daily / hourly basis.
Your facsist Hitler government might have tried to tell you that the attack on Brjansk was a terrorist attack by Ukrainian forces.
It was not.
It was a rebel attack by Russian neo nazis. Your own fucking nazi extreme right people fucked your mother in the arse. And I applaud them, I hope they do more attacks on Russian soil. It's sad that it have to be the nazis who dare to do that. I'd rather have seen it to be the general Russian population but, hey, it has to start somewhere

But stop the fuck blaming Ukraine for that shite. They didn't do that. It was your own extreme right brothers, mothers and sisters who did that bombing run. I hope many of you died.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 10:57:59 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: March 03, 2023, 11:27:11 pm »

Your facsist Hitler government might have tried to tell you that the attack on Brjansk was a terrorist attack by Ukrainian forces.
It was not.
It was a rebel attack by Russian neo nazis. Your own fucking nazi extreme right people fucked your mother in the arse. And I applaud them, I hope they do more attacks on Russian soil. It's sad that it have to be the nazis who dare to do that. I'd rather have seen it to be the general Russian population but, hey, it has to start somewhere

But stop the fuck blaming Ukraine for that shite. They didn't do that. It was your own extreme right brothers, mothers and sisters who did that bombing run. I hope many of you died.

1) You are a bit... extreme in your wording

2) Those are Russian Neo-nazi\white supermatists but they are not maniacs who would randomly kill civilians as Russian propaganda tries to claim.

3) Their de jure status is muddy, but they are de facto part of the Ukrainian armed forces and this operation was clearly approved and supported by Ukraine (not that it will be ever admitted officially). Am I happy about that? Not really. I am worried that we may be raising our own Bin Ladens. In the long run, racist pan-slavs can't be allies of Ukraine. Ideologies just don't match. But during a war for survival... enemy of my enemy works

4) If we want a civil war in Russia (and I do want it, I see it is the only realistic way to victory as I define it) guys like this may contribute a lot
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: March 03, 2023, 11:41:23 pm »

It was not.

1) You are a bit... extreme in your wording

2) Those are Russian Neo-nazi\white supermatists but they are not maniacs who would randomly kill civilians as Russian propaganda tries to claim.

3) Their de jure status is muddy, but they are de facto part of the Ukrainian armed forces and this operation was clearly approved and supported by Ukraine (not that it will be ever admitted officially). Am I happy about that? Not really. I am worried that we may be raising our own Bin Ladens. In the long run, racist pan-slavs can't be allies of Ukraine. Ideologies just don't match. But during a war for survival... enemy of my enemy works

4) If we want a civil war in Russia (and I do want it, I see it is the only realistic way to victory as I define it) guys like this may contribute a lot
Besides that, I also see a problem with essentially saying that ethnic Russians living in and apparently siding with Ukraine are still fundamentally Russians and Russia's responsibility. That's exactly what Russia wants.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: March 04, 2023, 12:40:53 am »

T’be fair, given Putin’s background as an intelligence agent and the fact we’re getting to the end of Winter, and Russia’s failure to roflstomp an “inferior” (by military strength) nation, it would not surprise me if it was a false flag operation to engender further support from the Russian populace.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 167