Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 131224 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #1500 on: October 13, 2022, 06:04:25 am »

So in pro-Russian trolling news, guess who's back on his bullshit again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is why I refuse to let it be forgotten that DDA's dev team still keeps this guy around.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 13, 2022, 06:33:33 am »

Yeah that's dumb I agree. However both of the main servers ban pro-Russian users who speak about it there so I'm happy with that and couldn't care less about ZS. He's not really active there anyways.

But I'm biased since I agree with DDA's direction of development. :P

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 06:49:26 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 13, 2022, 07:09:10 am »

Again?

To put the thread back on rails...
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 13, 2022, 10:28:34 am »

It's even stranger considering CDDA is obviously anti-Z
Love, scriver~

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 13, 2022, 10:30:49 am »

I like calling those who suck up to Putin "Z-ombies".
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 13, 2022, 10:31:08 am »

"Any nuclear attack on Ukraine will bring a response, not a nuclear response, but a military response so powerful that the Russian army will be annihilated"

Josep Borrell, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy

I like hearing this. I really like hearing this and not some vague "Russia will face severe consequences"
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 13, 2022, 10:33:24 am »

Well this is calming because now I am somewhat less likely to be turned to dust by American nukes if Russia uses tactical nukes in Ukraine.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 13, 2022, 10:59:33 am »

I think you're currently in less danger of that than of somehow falling victim to your own country's nukes. Which should be a comforting statement, but... Stay safe.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 13, 2022, 11:07:04 am »

Nominally but it does demonstrate that there's a level of hypocrisy at work, so long as Serg keeps those opinions on reddit and out of their server I guess...

Anyway, that sounds better but my worry is any genuine attempt to intervene more directly will probably just mean Putin starts nuking the intervening countries too, and that's probably going to get Russian cities glassed if any of the targeted countries are nuclear-capable... :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 13, 2022, 11:27:14 am »

I think scriver was making a joke about zombies being represented with the letter Z in the game's ASCII mode. And now the joke's dead from being explained, like a dissected frog.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 13, 2022, 11:29:06 am »

I think scriver was making a joke about zombies being represented with the letter Z in the game's ASCII mode. And now the joke's dead from being explained, like a dissected frog.

Since it was brought up that their servers normally do a good job of keeping pro-Putin trolls out (unless they're in the dev team and willing to keep their shitposting elsewhere, evidently) I assumed it was following up on what Max had already said, hecc.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 13, 2022, 11:35:11 am »

Anyway, that sounds better but my worry is any genuine attempt to intervene more directly will probably just mean Putin starts nuking the intervening countries too, and that's probably going to get Russian cities glassed if any of the targeted countries are nuclear-capable... :/

Or Russian generals will do a sensible thing and surrender after the first NATO strike. Or, better, ignore Putin's order to use nukes on Ukraine believing that NATO will strike

I am quite confident that Russian nuclear arsenal is in an awful state and while Russia is capable of finding a few dozen of working strategic nukes and evaporating many millions, there being not capable to bringing even 1/20th of the planetary-scale Destruction USSR could.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 13, 2022, 05:20:35 pm »

Hell, are we sure Russia even has nukes and the enriched uranium heads haven't been sold off to be used as heaters in grow ops or something?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 13, 2022, 10:18:46 pm »

Hell, are we sure Russia even has nukes and the enriched uranium heads haven't been sold off to be used as heaters in grow ops or something?

USA spends ~$5 millions per nuke annually to keep those in a good working order. Russia has lower salaries and a lot of stuff is cheaper so lets's assume it is $1 million per nuke per year.

It is still a lot of money to steal. And it is hard to find that this money was stolen. For tanks or aircrafts, there are regular exercises, you can physically check if those shells are in a warehouse... Checking if all nukes underwent necessary maintenance is very problematic.

Problem is that even if 10% of Russian nukes are working as intended, it is enough to cause huge damage on a planetary scale and their army isn't as ruined to assume that it is less than that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 13, 2022, 11:00:20 pm »

Yes, and look at how the Russian tanks and aircraft have been doing.

"Destroying the Nuclear Silos in protest" sounds like a decent way out. I mean, look at all the ammo dumps and fuel depot's that have "been destroyed by terrorists".
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 167