Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 131276 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #1365 on: September 30, 2022, 03:41:05 am »

I doubt Russia is gonna be nuking anything until they get closer to losing what little ground they've taken.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 30, 2022, 03:59:16 am »

They're already losing what they've taken.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 30, 2022, 04:03:36 am »

I meant getting closet to losing all of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #1368 on: September 30, 2022, 04:59:00 am »

Izyum just got encircled by Ukrainian forces?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 30, 2022, 05:03:01 am »

No, Izyum was liberated nearly a month ago (and investigators are finding the evidence we all knew they would find). The current encirclements are much further to the east.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #1370 on: September 30, 2022, 05:07:36 am »

Whoops! I think I meant to say Lyman?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 30, 2022, 07:38:00 am »

Common, Putin... I expected nuclear threats, Hitler-like monologues or something but (after throwing low-level propaganda away) his speech can be summarized into

1) Those lands are now part of the Great Mighty Russia and nothing can change that

and

2) Please, in the name of peace, please, please, please, Ukraine lets declare a ceasefire and start negotiating (but we keep annexed territories)

3) Russian history is great and glorious

4) West is evil

It is beyond pathetic

BTW, dear Bay12-ers from Germany and Japan. Did you know that you are still occupied by the USA (since 1945). Putin said that you are and he wouldn't lie.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 08:04:45 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 30, 2022, 09:28:21 am »

I mean, Putin's occupied by a Ukraine-shaped dildo up his arse so I suppose fair's fair, give and take.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 30, 2022, 12:06:43 pm »

It is surreal... They are having a celebratory concert in Moscow right now... right when a chunk of the Russian army is being annihilated in Lyman. This is what makes Russia of 202x much worse than Germany 194x in my eyes. This new modernized version of fascism doesn't even care... doesn't even care to pretend that they care about their OWN people.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1374 on: September 30, 2022, 01:13:47 pm »

Ahead of the event, there had been reports of people being paid to attend or being bussed in. Undoubtedly there were some in attendance who had gone voluntarily to "celebrate" the annexation.

But we spoke to many people who confirmed that they had been brought on buses as organised groups from towns outside of Moscow. Most were public sector workers. A lot of people we tried to speak to didn’t want to chat. They refused to say why they were there. One woman didn't know what the event was about.

Sounds like Putin forgot the part where you pay the people at the public event to cheer and to 'take note' those who aren't cheering...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 30, 2022, 05:59:52 pm »

It is surreal... They are having a celebratory concert in Moscow right now... right when a chunk of the Russian army is being annihilated in Lyman. This is what makes Russia of 202x much worse than Germany 194x in my eyes. This new modernized version of fascism doesn't even care... doesn't even care to pretend that they care about their OWN people.
Well OG nazis did plenty of that shit too so not really that different in that regard. Lamer exaggerated parody version, maybe, as historical repetitions tend to be.

I don't think they are really nazis, though.  I think the whole Z thing was just a nation-level nazi cosplay, just like they did communist cosplaying without being anything even vaguely close to communists, or just like they are cosplaying being  crusaders too (with Putin's insane pet patriarch calling for holy war against a country which by and large has exactly the same religion as he does, no less). The regime doesn't have much of a real ideology IMO and it is trying all this shit because they know that they have been cultivating apathy from the Russian populace for decades, and now they need desperatedly to find some way to motivate people into supporting their fuckup.

Putin himself is clearly a far right wing ultranationalist whackjob,  but he doesnt have anywhere the same ideological/social encroachment, methinks. He's more like a Slobodan Milosevic with a bigger (but apparently not much better) army.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 01, 2022, 12:49:15 am »

Was gonna say, the Nazis were very much pro-war. It was a glorious event to be celebrated, not something terrible to be shirked away from!

Of course, reality being what it is, I suspect a lot of German soldiers didn't find watching their friends and family die while getting PTSD particularly glorious. Funny how reality can butt up against ideology like that.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 01, 2022, 02:42:47 am »

Was gonna say, the Nazis were very much pro-war. It was a glorious event to be celebrated, not something terrible to be shirked away from!

Of course, reality being what it is, I suspect a lot of German soldiers didn't find watching their friends and family die while getting PTSD particularly glorious. Funny how reality can butt up against ideology like that.

Most of the more Glorious events occurred before the War.

There also was a tone shift during the War.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 01, 2022, 03:12:25 am »

Of course, they were pro-war. Of course, they had grandiose celebrations of victories. Of course, they said that dying for great Germany is cool! Of course, they hid bad news from the fronts.

BUT. The military were celebrities in the 3rd Reich. Only top Nazi party members were above them. And Germans obliviously cared about their soldiers. And Nazi leadership did a good job pretending that they care.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 01, 2022, 03:36:03 am »

So what you guys are saying is that Putin is worse than Hitler, because he cares about nothing but whatever stupid ass thing he was trying to prove with this war.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 167