Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 131282 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #1335 on: September 25, 2022, 11:35:43 pm »

Supposedly Putin's fled to a nice little forest resort.

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-putin-escapes-secret-palace-amid-anti-draft-protests-report-2022-9?r=US&IR=T

I hate to keep drawing parallels to history (no I don't) but now it's looking a bit French Revolution-y. Will we see the guillotine?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 26, 2022, 12:36:48 am »

The current agreements to send weapons to Ukraine, they rely on Ukraine not using them on Russian territory.
Spoiler:  a relevant meme (click to show/hide)
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 26, 2022, 05:31:33 am »

Good point...
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 26, 2022, 09:23:50 am »

So, somebody did the right thing:

Quote from: Twitter
Video of a Russian man opening fire and killing the military commandant in a draft centre in the city of Úst-Ilimsk in Irkutsk region. The military commandant was the head of the local draft committee. He has died, according to reports.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Roth/status/1574272320071426049 (warning: video in link contains gun violence)

Hope more Russians start shooting their officers.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 26, 2022, 09:46:04 am »

Video of a Russian man opening fire and killing the military commandant in a draft centre in the city of Úst-Ilimsk in Irkutsk region. The military commandant was the head of the local draft committee. He has died, according to reports.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Roth/status/1574272320071426049 (warning: video in link contains gun violence)

Interestingly - reportedly, this man wasn't being mobilized, his best friend with zero military experience was (perhaps someone more than a friend?)
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 26, 2022, 10:40:24 am »

Interestingly - reportedly, this man wasn't being mobilized, his best friend with zero military experience was (perhaps someone more than a friend?)

Was about to ask for more info on this, but the other thread already had it. (Should've checked it first before posting, but hey, you can never have enough posts about shootings of officers!)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 26, 2022, 11:46:58 am »

Vladimir Putin granted Russian citizenship to Edward Snowden.

Will this guy receive a rusty AK and go to Ukraine?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 26, 2022, 12:15:39 pm »

IT workers are apparently protected from conscription.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 26, 2022, 12:29:35 pm »

It is Russia we are talking about. Their laws are... fluid

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 26, 2022, 12:31:47 pm »

Just another example of Russia not liking non-binary people
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 26, 2022, 12:33:09 pm »

It is Russia we are talking about. Their laws are... fluid

Fair point. What it probably means is state-sponsored troll farms and hacking groups are exempt.

Apparently Putin and co. have admitted errors in the mobilization process, and regional governors are working to fix them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 26, 2022, 12:45:47 pm »

Brent oil is $83 ATM. This is below pre-war levels. Should it keep falling, war will end sooner.

I find it beyond hilarious how the Russian segment of internet DREAMs about a new world financial crisis to punish the Evil West as if it is a healthy thing for countries that sell raw materials

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 26, 2022, 06:20:34 pm »

Just another example of Russia not liking non-binary people
...do I NOT like NOR dislike this particular comment?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 26, 2022, 10:07:38 pm »

Brent oil is $83 ATM. This is below pre-war levels. Should it keep falling, war will end sooner.

I find it beyond hilarious how the Russian segment of internet DREAMs about a new world financial crisis to punish the Evil West as if it is a healthy thing for countries that sell raw materials
Most people are woefully unaware of economic realities.

I include myself among that, and probably everyone on the forum. Hell, I'd include a large number of economists.

Shit, I might include everyone, actually. The economy's too wild for anyone to make any sense of beyond predictions. We didn't believe in stagflation until it happened, for crying out loud.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 27, 2022, 07:10:08 am »

There's video going around that is supposedly of a failed Russian counterattack near Куп'янськ. I haven't watched it for the sake of my mental health, but people who have are describing it as "a massacre",  "no armor, no tactics, head on charge, the Russians murdered their own men by sending them in". and "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 167