Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 130075 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #930 on: August 22, 2022, 01:07:28 pm »

Russia exclusively has Ford Pintos
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 22, 2022, 05:25:21 pm »

Слава героям.

I wonder if we could supply resources to the Russian partisans at all. Working behind the front lines like that could be very effective.
Yeah the West should 100% fund and arm any insurgency that appears.
Osama Bin Laden comes to mind when people say things like that.

He shouldn't. Bin Laden never received Western aid, and the people who did fund him got exactly what they wanted.

Despite often being conflated with the Mujahedeen, Bid Laden was carrying out his own entirely independent war in the region, and was at war with the US-backed group as much as he was with the Sovit Union. The Taliban didn't even exist at the time, arising out of ideological splits well after the Soviets were kicked out.

Castro's a similar case where the people he was backed by (primarily the Soviets) got exactly what they wanted.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 22, 2022, 05:33:52 pm »

Technically the West didn’t directly fund anything going on in Afghanistan at the time, it was all funneled through Pakistani intelligence.

Given Bin Laden was chummy with the head of Pakistani intelligence, it’s not unlikely that he received some of it/
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 22, 2022, 05:59:21 pm »

Gotta love Pakistani intelligence. Half of it is actively working against terrorists in their own and other countries, while the other half is bankrolling them and feeding them intel. Tribal loyalties man.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 23, 2022, 01:38:49 am »

Well, FSB claims that they already solved the case and it was a Ukrainian agent who successfully fled via Estonia.

I must say it is a boring version, I expected they'll blame British or American intelligence.

That makes me think they either have no clue, or ironically that could be 100% accurate, as I imagine Ukrainian intelligence and the NRA are working close together.

As for False Flag, if so this is the stupidest False Flag ever, since it gives a name under which dissident Russians can organize attacks upon the Putin Government, along with giving an example of exactly what to do.

How do you create a Terrorist Cell? You claim that you are in touch with Foreign Powers that wish to assist in the Struggle, along with higher leadership that you can not disclose.
Then you sort of do stuff until said Foreign Powers notice you and they back up the initial lies you told to get started.
And now those prospective terrorists/rebels/patriots have a name....

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 23, 2022, 04:34:22 am »

Note that the only source claiming that those NRA guys are real is one guy, former Russian MP, Ponamorev.

Russian media failed to notice those guys (which goes against the assumption that it is some FSB's game). Some Western media did write about NRA but their only source is aforementioned Ponamorev. Ukrainian media didn't pay much attention to this, too.

As for Ukrainian officials - we have nothing to do with Dugina and have no idea about any NRA
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 23, 2022, 08:08:18 am »

Note that the only source claiming that those NRA guys are real is one guy, former Russian MP, Ponamorev.

Russian media failed to notice those guys (which goes against the assumption that it is some FSB's game). Some Western media did write about NRA but their only source is aforementioned Ponamorev. Ukrainian media didn't pay much attention to this, too.

As for Ukrainian officials - we have nothing to do with Dugina and have no idea about any NRA
Arguably, that makes Ponamorev the leader of the NRA, and he's Russian.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 23, 2022, 02:44:29 pm »

Her death also made me think about free will, guilt, justice, and other stuff like that. Sure, she was a fascist who promoted genocide. But had she a chance to grow up and be anyone else being raised by this man?

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1562033005702615040

To illustrate what kind of upbringing she had received
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 23, 2022, 02:56:09 pm »

Goddamn, somebody raised like that has little to no hope.

Just kind of sad to be honest. You could grow up to be anything and your parents raise you like that.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 23, 2022, 03:11:08 pm »

That's pretty awful stuff Dugin says in that video. You got to be a really disturbed person to teach your baby those words as one of the first things and be proud of it.

Still, even an upbringing like that isn't guaranteed to indoctrinate the kid for life. Maybe in complete isolation, but I doubt that's the case.

She was raised a fascist, but she didn't have to remain one.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 23, 2022, 04:03:05 pm »

That's pretty awful stuff Dugin says in that video. You got to be a really disturbed person to teach your baby those words as one of the first things and be proud of it.

Still, even an upbringing like that isn't guaranteed to indoctrinate the kid for life. Maybe in complete isolation, but I doubt that's the case.

She probably WAS isolated. If your World is Fascism, there ain't other options.
Now, I don't know her entire life story. Maybe she had opportunities to evolve (multiple would be required) that she scorned.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 23, 2022, 04:07:44 pm »

I think people, when raised in a certain environment, have less control over their own outcomes than we like to think honestly. If I was raised in the same circumstances I suspect I'd come out of it a fascist, not because I've got fascist tendencies, but because that's just how malleable and impressionable young minds are.

Of course current me wouldn't, I'm on basically the opposite end of the spectrum, but still...

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 23, 2022, 04:16:43 pm »

It is a deep philosophical question and has a lot to do with free will (or its absence)

In any case, the justice system can't reliably function if we don't assume that free will exists and that adults are 100% responsible for who they are and what they do.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 23, 2022, 05:14:32 pm »

Some people will always believe in free-will, it is inevitable...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 23, 2022, 05:42:04 pm »

It is a deep philosophical question and has a lot to do with free will (or its absence)

In any case, the justice system can't reliably function if we don't assume that free will exists and that adults are 100% responsible for who they are and what they do.

To be clear, the Justice System should not care who we are.
It's only what we do that matters.

And people are liable for what they do.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 167