Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 130206 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #840 on: August 12, 2022, 06:31:59 am »

Amnesty International
@amnesty

⚡️ Russia is using a nuclear power plant in Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine as an army base. The allegations we are receiving directly from Enerhodar, the town adjacent to the nuclear plant, speak volumes about the terrible impact of Russia’s militarization is having on civilians.

I "love" those guys. Allegations. Militarization... Using as soft words as possible.  When will they start calling the Russian invasion a special military operation?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 12, 2022, 08:01:10 am »

Now Russian officials hint that "accidents" can happen on nuclear power stations in the EU. ))))) - https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1558041068834258944
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 15, 2022, 08:36:16 am »

My brother got a leave for 5 days, so I met him for the first time since February. He looks so much older now...

I am so happy to know that he had enough time to train and that their equipment is of satisfactory quality. I expected everything to be so much worse, that year of 2022 will be the year of desperate guerilla resistance all over Ukraine.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 15, 2022, 08:46:43 am »

It's not over yet, by any stretch of the imagination.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 15, 2022, 09:15:41 am »

It's not over yet, by any stretch of the imagination.
Of course not, I have many pessimistic predictions about the future but so far everything is going better less bad than one could imagine.

We have a very long war ahead

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:55 am »

Is your brother on combat duty or support?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 15, 2022, 09:54:15 am »

Is your brother on combat duty or support?
Artillery crewman. Currently, in this thing:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2S1_Gvozdika donated to us by one of the Eastern European countries.

As he described his combat role - shoot several rounds and GTFO because counter-battery fire WILL arrive minutes later. Nearly always.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 16, 2022, 04:49:16 pm »

The Russian Tech Tree has unlocked counter-battery fire, but apparently not the Shoot & Scoot.

Amnesty International
@amnesty

⚡️ Russia is using a nuclear power plant in Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine as an army base. The allegations we are receiving directly from Enerhodar, the town adjacent to the nuclear plant, speak volumes about the terrible impact of Russia’s militarization is having on civilians.

I "love" those guys. Allegations. Militarization... Using as soft words as possible.  When will they start calling the Russian invasion a special military operation?
Eh, they're academics. I'm just glad they got around to acknowledging the Russian Nuclear Hostage scenario.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 17, 2022, 03:45:47 am »

But acknowledging it does nothing to stop them from using the plant as a base.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 17, 2022, 07:27:43 am »

What exactly is Amnesty gonna do to stop them doing that?
Love, scriver~

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 17, 2022, 07:48:16 am »

What exactly is Amnesty gonna do to stop them doing that?

Petition? There's really not much else they (can) do.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 17, 2022, 09:35:10 am »

You forget, the full name is Amnesty: International Vigilante Organization.

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 17, 2022, 10:27:44 am »

You forget, the full name is Amnesty: International Vigilante Organization.

Ah yes, and their slogan is naturally: "Vigilantes of the World, Unite!"

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 17, 2022, 11:16:36 am »

What it DOES do is acknowledge that Russia is at fault if anything happens to the plant.

This is huge.  It gives Russia what they hate the most: Accountability.

This also opens the door to petitioning for neutral inspectors to make sure the plant is properly secured and regulated.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 17, 2022, 11:47:02 am »

What it DOES do is acknowledge that Russia is at fault if anything happens to the plant.

This is huge.  It gives Russia what they hate the most: Accountability.

This also opens the door to petitioning for neutral inspectors to make sure the plant is properly secured and regulated.

The plant is being run (“run”) by Ukrainian technicians so even if neutral inspectors highlight issues, Russia will say it’s Ukraine’s fault, unless it can be directly related to the presence of Russia soldiers, in which case Russia will say it’s Ukraine’s fault.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 167