Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 130963 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #450 on: May 30, 2022, 06:20:42 pm »

Russia will shut off the gas export to the Netherlands coming tuesday because we won't pay in Rubles.
Sad. We will probably have to restart burning coal in our decomissioned coal power plants to compensate. RIP Paris climate deal.

EDIT: In other news, tonight, 120 or more refugees are forced to sleep in chairs (again), because we have no more beds available for them. All available non-contested* capacity is used up for Ukrainian refugees, no more beds for Africans and Afghans.

*) we actually have capacity, but a lot of municipalities refuse to make it available out of fear for civil unrest and riots from anti-refugee idiots.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 06:36:58 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 30, 2022, 10:30:01 pm »

Russia will shut off the gas export to the Netherlands coming tuesday because we won't pay in Rubles.
Sad. We will probably have to restart burning coal in our decomissioned coal power plants to compensate. RIP Paris climate deal.

EDIT: In other news, tonight, 120 or more refugees are forced to sleep in chairs (again), because we have no more beds available for them. All available non-contested* capacity is used up for Ukrainian refugees, no more beds for Africans and Afghans.

*) we actually have capacity, but a lot of municipalities refuse to make it available out of fear for civil unrest and riots from anti-refugee idiots.

Considering incoming global food crisis... there will be more refugee

I "love" Russian propaganda. Severedonetsk, a ~100K city, got evacuated with about ~20K refusing to leave. Now some of those residents (mostly 60+ years old) great Russians as liberators and all of Russian segment of the internet is full with videos of happy people and claims like "see, people waited for so long!" omiting the fact that pro-Ukrainian majority fled not wanting to face of Buchs residents' fate.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 11:54:52 pm by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #452 on: May 31, 2022, 03:17:21 am »

ur good fam no disruption expected.
Only 15% of Dutch enery needs were supplied by Russia and your most exposed gas company had already begun stockpiling gas & switching to European gas before the cutoff

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 31, 2022, 08:35:14 am »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61643533

Photo in this article is... epic. It deserves to stay in history.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 31, 2022, 10:29:49 am »

So the Russians invaded in order to steal Disney bedsheets. Now it all makes sense.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 31, 2022, 11:11:35 am »

Well, it was at that time very much a Mickey Mouse operation...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 01, 2022, 01:23:48 am »

Mickey Mouse was working for the Russians the whole time!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #457 on: June 01, 2022, 09:39:52 am »

So the Russians invaded in order to steal Disney bedsheets. Now it all makes sense.
Denazify the princess bedtime
Special military snooze

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 04, 2022, 10:51:14 am »

It feels soooo weird watching history documentaries about the recent events in your own country and being like "hm, this did happen only three months ago...."

I do recommend the following two videos if you want to familiarize yourself with the event of the Russian-Ukrainian war from February to May

https://youtu.be/yBZPE9o2gHU
https://youtu.be/K2N_fHKrWIg

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 05, 2022, 02:49:47 am »

French President Emmanuel Macron said it is vital that Russia is not humiliated so that when the fighting stops in Ukraine a diplomatic solution can be found, adding that he believed Paris would play a mediating role to end the conflict.

*double facepalm*

Yeah, let us show the world that there is nothing wrong in invading a neighboring country with genocidal intentions. Why humiliate a nation for such a minor transgression?

I also LOVE this "when the fighting stops" instead of "When Russia will be defeated"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #460 on: June 05, 2022, 04:28:27 am »

French President Emmanuel Macron later added, why are the Ukrainians being so difficult? Don't they understand they should give up and stop making Putin so sad? Watching all their civilians get murdered is ruining his international relations :[

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 05, 2022, 05:34:32 am »

Macron should keep his mouth shut, to put it politely.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 05, 2022, 11:43:16 am »

So basically he said to people they need to respect Putin less than a week after a French journalist got killed by Russian shellings, and a few days after another French guy that joined the Ukraine legion also got killed by Russian artillery. He's just lucky he got elected in his country only because the alternative was either far right or far left.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:46:56 am by Robsoie »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 05, 2022, 01:39:27 pm »

In WW2 France at least waited with becoming a puppet state until after they were conquered.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 05, 2022, 01:50:01 pm »

He's talking about an off ramp for Putin. It's not a new or particularly contentious idea, is it?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 167