Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bay12 Plays The Lost Heir  (Read 3524 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Plays The Lost Heir
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2022, 02:18:35 am »

Listen intently to as your tutor lectures you
+1 Probably gonna get some important info from this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2022, 07:03:24 am »

Quote from: Info
You are a diligent student and you listen eagerly.
(Arcana +1)

"We have been graced with a large contingent from the Consortium," Harmond explains. "They will be presenting their arguments to your parents once more. As you know, the law restricts demon summoning and leaves its practice in the hands of those who are Academy trained.

"Demons live in a separate plane accessible only by magic. Through a combination of summoning and control, they can be brought into our world and forced to do the caster's bidding. But, if the demon wins this contest of wills, it gains control of the caster.

"Demons have strange moods. Some will just talk to their captives, but many have perverse and cruel tastes. Many of the poor conjurers mutilate themselves or attack others. Weaker demons can only control a person for a few minutes, but stronger demons can keep control for hours or even days.

"Luckily, this possession is very obvious to anyone seeing it. The mage's actions are very stiff and awkward as the wizard attempts to regain control. Alexander Zusak is a high-ranking member of the Consortium. I hope that you attend court this afternoon and hear your parents' reactions for yourself. That's enough for today. I'll see you tomorrow, Bubba."

Say, "Thank you, Harmond."
Say, "Okay, bye."
Say, "Thank the gods it's over. You're a real blowhole."
Leave without saying anything and hurry on your way.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2022, 12:18:11 am »

We are a polite little shit!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2022, 02:52:10 am »

We are a polite little shit!
+1

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2022, 06:57:05 am »

Quote from: DAD
Harmond smiles and nods to you as you leave.
(Charm +1)

You make your way through the halls to your family's private chambers. As you enter, you see your parents sitting side by side at the table. King Brand is strong and fit for his age. His short beard is white and his eyes are intense as he laughs at a joke your mother made. Queen Jade had been a real beauty in her youth and her good looks have matured into a stately grace as she has aged.

"Bubba!" your father calls as you enter. "Old Harmond kept you late, I see. No matter. Grab some food and come with us to the throne room."

You look at the finished meal in front of them and realize that Harmond must have kept you past the lunch bell, probably for having arrived late.

"You'll need to change first. What have you been doing?" your mother says.

You quickly rush into your own room and see that another outfit has been laid out for you. You waste no time putting it on, washing away the dirt from your hands and face, and returning to your parents.

Together, the three of you start walking down the hall as a servant fills a plate to bring along for you to eat.

"You were up early," your father says with a smile as you walk. "What were you doing?"

Reply honestly, "Playing with Gale."
Say, "Oh, you know, the usual: fighting dragons, rescuing princesses, and showering the commoners with gold."
Lie, "Studying the tax code."
Say petulantly, "If you spent more time with me, you'd already know."
Snap at him, "What I choose to do with my free time is my own business."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2022, 02:42:49 am »

Say, "Oh, you know, the usual: fighting dragons, rescuing princesses, and showering the commoners with gold."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2022, 08:12:27 am »

Quote from: cute
Your father laughs and ruffles your hair. (Charm +2)

The courtroom is already filled as you and your parents enter. You can see a man with a neatly trimmed goatee and very expensive purple clothing standing off to the side. Another man, large and muscular, stands next to him with a pair of axes on his belt. Weapons are allowed for special guests, although most choose to come before their monarch unarmed. The two men seem to be polar opposites. The short, well-dressed man seems dainty and precise in his bright clothing, whereas the axeman is nearly two feet taller, a hundred pounds heavier, and wearing dark clothing. The third member of the trio is a woman with straight red hair and a short sword on her belt. Her eyes have a highly intelligent look as she watches everyone around her. A servant hands you your plate of food as a herald intones your various titles and ranks to those assembled.

"Welcome to Tornassa," your father says from his throne. "We are pleased to have such a highly esteemed member of the Consortium with us today."

The man wearing the bright purple clothes steps forward and bows, flashing you and your parents a smile filled with perfect white teeth. "Thank you, your majesties."

The breach in protocol causes the herald to pause momentarily, but he quickly resumes his role. The man hadn't even waited to be introduced.

"May I present Alexander Zusak, High Chancellor of the Consortium of Planewalkers."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2022, 01:27:15 am »

It seems like we're missing part of the post.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2022, 04:52:32 am »

Yes, there’s not like a thing to choose right now

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2022, 06:16:17 am »

Oop.

Quote from: my bad
Your father laughs and ruffles your hair. (Charm +2)

The courtroom is already filled as you and your parents enter. You can see a man with a neatly trimmed goatee and very expensive purple clothing standing off to the side. Another man, large and muscular, stands next to him with a pair of axes on his belt. Weapons are allowed for special guests, although most choose to come before their monarch unarmed. The two men seem to be polar opposites. The short, well-dressed man seems dainty and precise in his bright clothing, whereas the axeman is nearly two feet taller, a hundred pounds heavier, and wearing dark clothing. The third member of the trio is a woman with straight red hair and a short sword on her belt. Her eyes have a highly intelligent look as she watches everyone around her. A servant hands you your plate of food as a herald intones your various titles and ranks to those assembled.

"Welcome to Tornassa," your father says from his throne. "We are pleased to have such a highly esteemed member of the Consortium with us today."

The man wearing the bright purple clothes steps forward and bows, flashing you and your parents a smile filled with perfect white teeth. "Thank you, your majesties."

The breach in protocol causes the herald to pause momentarily, but he quickly resumes his role. The man hadn't even waited to be introduced.

"May I present Alexander Zusak, High Chancellor of the Consortium of Planewalkers."

Sit quietly and respectfully.
Laugh out loud at the dandy in purple.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2022, 07:28:07 am »

Sit quietly and respectfully

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2022, 09:47:11 am »

Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2022, 04:07:26 pm »

Quote from: Zusak
"I appreciate your hospitality, Your Majesty," he says to your father, the official ruler of Daria. Although your mother is often consulted during difficult decisions, the royal line has always been passed down from father to son, making your father the most important person in the room.

"Let me save you some time," your father says. "I must tell you that I have no intention of lifting the ban on demon summoning. The Boundary must be protected and such power isn't safe in the average person's hands. The Kingdom of Daria will continue to leave the regulation of the arts in the hands of the Academy."

Zusak smiles at these words. "I suppose that all of the standard arguments, including free labour and equality in the hands of those without ranks, won't sway your opinion?"

"I'm afraid not," your father says with a diplomatic smile of his own.

"Very well, thank you for allowing me to present my views."

"I trust that you'll stay for the banquet we're holding for the honour of the Consortium?"

"Naturally," Zusak replies with a greasy smile.

"Bubba," your father says. "Why don't you go have some fun before the banquet. I'll pass word to your other tutors that you're free from lessons for the day."

Eager to be out of court and away from your tutors, you nod your thanks and rush out, holding your plate of lunch in your hands. You don't bother trying to find Gale, knowing that she'd be busy helping her mother in the kitchen, preparing for the large banquet.

Visit the training yards.
Visit the dungeons.
Visit the temple.
Visit the royal garden.
Go to your room and have an afternoon nap.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2022, 05:08:35 pm »

dungeons, training yards, or temple. 

i think it is safe to agree early on that we are going for a mage build with this character?
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2022, 05:50:17 pm »

Dungeons
Maybe there’s more info there about demons or similar creatures?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5