Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Reborn into the Taleno Colony (Isekai SG): Small Child  (Read 10823 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Reborn into the Taleno Colony (Isekai SG): Small Child
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2022, 04:33:51 pm »

This?

[image]
I think we've already established that special effects are just special effects. Maybe find a gif of something getting freeze-dried?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2022, 05:36:01 pm »

This?

[image]
I think we've already established that special effects are just special effects. Maybe find a gif of something getting freeze-dried?

I can’t find any GIFs for that…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2022, 05:37:58 pm »

I don't actually know if we're limited to GIFs. I've never tried anything else.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2022, 06:20:47 pm »

Can you follow links?  I don’t think it’s possible to embed YouTube videos in SMF…

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2022, 08:14:56 pm »

Can you follow links?  I don’t think it’s possible to embed YouTube videos in SMF…

I have no idea. It is all on my head, so I'm not entirely sure how following links would work.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2022, 01:35:12 am »

I wonder if you'd go insane if you had the internet beamed right into your brain.

Also I thought we were gonna test the invisibility beam.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2022, 12:22:11 pm »

I wonder if you'd go insane if you had the internet beamed right into your brain.

Also I thought we were gonna test the invisibility beam.

He did.   It was supposed to be a “disintegration” beam.  Now he needs to see if he can reverse it’s effects before he tries it on himself.

Actually,  a portal seems to be our best bet, right now…

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2022, 12:30:46 pm »

He did.   It was supposed to be a “disintegration” beam.  Now he needs to see if he can reverse it’s effects before he tries it on himself.
That's not what we're testing. Were you not paying attention?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2022, 09:35:48 pm »

That's not what we're testing. Were you not paying attention?

Oh, we’re not?

Based on this, it seems that we just tested a “disintegration beam” that actually turned out to be just an invisibility beam.  Also, King Zultan was talking about an invisibility beam.  I’ve gone over the past three pages (I.e. the posts since Stirk’s last IC post), and I can see nothing to indicate that we were testing (or, even the existence of) an invisibility beam different from the one that was originally supposed to be a disintegration beam.  Now, I may still have missed it so it would be nice if you could point it out to me (including providing a link to where this mysterious second invisibility beam was introduced).

On the other hand, I realize that there is a possibility that you mean that we’re testing something other than an invisibility beam.  My comment that you replied to was in response to King Zultan. I informed him of the provenance of the invisibility beam (and the fact that it had already been shown to work), and gave my opinion that a portal seemed like a better option right now.   Also, I don’t remember seeing anything to indicate that we had all agreed on a single course of action (I thought that consensus was still evolving, and that Stirk would carry out the action that had the most “votes” once the discussion died down).  If we have all agreed to test something other than an invisibility beam, then perhaps you should have replied to King Zultan instead (and provided a link to where such agreement was reached).  On the third hand, if you are just trying to shutdown discussion and force your “choice” on everyone else, then I don’t know what to say to you.  I hope that’s not what’s happening…

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2022, 10:42:06 pm »

It's not a second disintegration beam; we were talking about testing something else about the same disintegration beam, namely, whether the enemy can still see with their heads invisible.
If they can't, then great, now they're all blind and we can hopefully kill them easier. If they can, then at least we know we can make ourselves invisible and get away if we need to.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2022, 11:00:31 pm »

It's not a second disintegration beam; we were talking about testing something else about the same disintegration beam, namely, whether the enemy can still see with their heads invisible.
If they can't, then great, now they're all blind and we can hopefully kill them easier. If they can, then at least we know we can make ourselves invisible and get away if we need to.

In that case, I think we should test it on ourselves first (or one of our classmates), but not before we make sure we can reverse the effects.

Also, who said anything about a second disintegration beam?  The one in the post that I linked to (and which turned out to just turn things invisible) is the only one I’m aware of us having tried…

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2022, 12:36:13 am »

This is what I was talking about.

In that case, I think we should test it on ourselves first (or one of our classmates), but not before we make sure we can reverse the effects.
Why test it on one of us when we've got test subjects right outside that we don't care about what happens to them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2022, 01:04:24 am »

This is what I was talking about.

Why test it on one of us when we've got test subjects right outside that we don't care about what happens to them.

How do we know it’ll make them blind?  What if it doesn’t?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2022, 02:00:38 am »

That's why we're testing it, to find out.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2022, 02:04:53 am »

That's why we're testing it, to find out.

And what of the second part of my question?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12