Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Reborn into the Taleno Colony (Isekai SG): Small Child  (Read 10865 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Reborn into the Taleno Colony (Isekai SG): Small Child
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2022, 11:57:11 pm »

Do the burning magic, backward. Make the fire stop burning. ALL of it. Well, as much as you can. Enlist the magic cheater's help. Get all the kids out somewhere toward the back if possible.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2022, 02:04:54 am »

Looks like it's time to ditch the church, we need to find the door furthest from the fighting and get everybody out through it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2022, 12:14:57 pm »

Do the burning magic, backward. Make the fire stop burning. ALL of it. Well, as much as you can. Enlist the magic cheater's help. Get all the kids out somewhere toward the back if possible.
+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2022, 03:33:47 pm »

Looks like it's time to ditch the church, we need to find the door furthest from the fighting and get everybody out through it.
this, we can see if the Magic’s reversible in a less life threatening time

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2022, 09:52:31 am »

+1
+1 we are eldritch entities!!!!  we have better things to do with our time than worry about a puny, magic-using mortal not dying!!! we are using this for entertainment, not to watch someone cower.  besides, if he dies he will probably get reincarnated somewhere else. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2022, 11:05:11 am »

Backward magic +3, run away +2

I heroically emerge from my heroic hiding spot and shout at the kids to go toward the back. The Stick Squad works to undo their blockade so everyone can use the door for its more or less intended purpose. Cheater girl is already fighting the fire in her own way, apparently by summoning a thick layer of frost to slow the flames.

I step close to the flames to get to the wall. I touch a non-burning part of the wall and try to reverse pattern recognition. I try to think of smoke going back into the log. Of ash falling back into place. Of the church becoming whole again. 

No good! It looks like pattern recognition means I would have to view fire backwards for it to work. Maybe if you guys showed me a movie or gif where that happens I could use pattern recognition backwards? Because right now it is just doing it forward like normal -

Oh wait never mind! Remember how I could make a stick turn to smoke and ash without heat or flame? Apparently that is a great way to kill fires. My accidental forward fire magic stops the flame in its tracks by removing the material it wants to burn! All the smoke is probably still dangerous though...

Less convenient is all the things outside that still want to kill us. I can see through the hole in the wall of the church. There are people and monsters fighting. Some of the people are fighting the people instead of the monsters. Most of the town is on fire now. Fighting is really close to the church. My teachers are in combat just a stone's throw away.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2022, 01:46:32 am »

Since the fire's out it sounds like it's time to arm everybody inside the church and start barricading the doors.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2022, 07:26:37 am »

Yes, but never forget to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves: Watch as much of the carnage as you can while keeping yourself safe, and try to give your magic-sense an understanding of the processes that make things die.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2022, 11:40:57 pm »

Since the fire's out it sounds like it's time to arm everybody inside the church and start barricading the doors.

For some reason the teachers had all the weapons. Most of the equipment inside the church is made of material that came from a higher fertility area and is thus a better makeshift weapon then the sticks I fought with earlier, but are still makeshift weapons wielded by small children. The stick squad and myself are the only ones to pick something up instead of cry, and suspect any advantage they'll provide is is going to be psychological in nature.

Speaking of the stick squad, they undo their unbarricading of the door. Cheater girl starts to cover the hole and the windows with a sheet of ice.

Yes, but never forget to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves: Watch as much of the carnage as you can while keeping yourself safe, and try to give your magic-sense an understanding of the processes that make things die.

Fortunately the ice is clear enough to see through. I do the polar opposite of earlier and peak out the corner of the opening at the battlefield.

Of the combatants I can see, three are teachers. One is a giant monster that looks something like a cross between a bearded dragon and an armadillo, but it is the size of a house. There are three dog-sized land-bound bats. Five are elves with a combination of spears and bows made of monster parts.

I guess now is a good time to note that I labeled them "Elves" because they have pointy ears and live in the woods. A translation of their actual name would be something like "Forest Folk". They're clearly humanoid and intelligent, but their biology(or whatever it is) is different than those who live in the Kingdoms and the Colonies. Instead of developing magic like most other intelligent races, their magic goes into their bodies like monsters. I'm told this gives them equivalent physical abilities to monsters, but it locks them out of the joys of magic. They...shouldn't be capable of manipulating monsters without magic.

I should probably also note that the teachers are using much more advanced magic than the stuff I learned based on pattern recognition. If they're teaching us addition they'd be doing calculus. They're form of understanding is much less limited.

One teacher is apparently turning themselves into a human tesla coil. He's shooting out bolts of electricity in the general direction of the enemy. It doesn't seem very accurate or powerful, it is covering most of the battlefield but not hitting anyone behind cover and just kinda arcing across the house-sized monster. I think it is some kind of suppressive fire. Another teacher peaks out from behind a tree and soon after one of the bat-things explodes. Another one explodes, too. It looks singed along with the surrounding area, some kind of heat-based attack maybe? Last one leaps forward and screeches but tumbles over with a bone-knife sticking out of it. My last teacher is the only one using weapons.

One of the Elves shouts something and they release a volley of arrows and spears in unison. Their attacks easily penetrate the low-fertility trees entirely. Knife and Tesla teacher are fine, but it looks like the explosion teacher was damaged by arrow shrapnel. At another command of the elf, the giant monster trudges forward toward tesla-teacher. It starts to eat up more and more of his attack with no obvious effect. He tries a more concentrated beam of electricity. Still nothing seems to stop the creature. I see several nearby branches explode around it, I think it is brushing off the explosion teacher's attacks too. The elves begin using it as mobile cover, moving closer to the teachers. A concentrated volley is fired and explosion-teacher falls to the ground. Messily. I don't think I like watching people die.

A cloud of smoke...or maybe just a cloud covers the monsters and the elves. I can't see anything and I suspect they can't either. Knife teacher jumps up from her hiding spot and rushes into the cloud. I hear screaming. First a monster, then form an elf, then from her. Tesla teacher repositions in the opening. He's really fast. When the cloud cloud clears the monster is dead. I don't see any marks. I think the knife might have had some kind of poison on it? My teacher is dead too. She has a lot of marks. A lot of marks. A lot of marks.

Tesla teacher now has an open line of fire and releases a continuous steam of lightning bolts. Several of the elves stop moving. Some of their cloths are scorched but their bodies look mostly intact compared to the explosions earlier. One elf jumped up on the monster's back and managed to avoid the attack. Another managed to dive behind the corpse of the beast. Monster-back elf throws a short spear and gets hit by a lightning bolt. He's knocked back off the creature and hits the ground hard, but gets back up with help from his companion. Tesla teacher doesn't get back up.

Monster-back elf is visibly limping. Diver-elf is wielding a bow and at full strength. After a short conversation involving pointing in our general direction

they start heading for the church I'm in.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2022, 02:02:55 am »

Can we use our magic to set fire to the elves hair and weapons, because if we can let's do that.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2022, 09:03:18 pm »

Can we use our magic to set fire to the elves hair and weapons, because if we can let's do that.
+1 maybe also set fire to somewhere more sensitive

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2022, 10:05:29 pm »

+1 maybe also set fire to somewhere more sensitive

Both elves are wearing a type of armor made of monster leather plates woven together, and a similar helmet. I can use sparks to start a fire but I would have to get close and have something to put the sparks on. There are some tallow candles and lamps inside the church, but I would have to remove the armor, set something flammable on my target, then spark it to start the fire. Unlike my explosion teacher I can't snap my fingers and set something on fire from here.

I could also set something on fire and throw it, but I'm still a small child with a small child's throwing ability. A particularly buff small child but still.

To recap what I have currently done with spells:
-Can make sparks fly out equivalent to flint and steel with flint (We have flint!)
-Can purify water (no water!)
-Can use magic for stamina (still have my body!)
-Can freeze ice in a bucket (might be able to find a bucket but probably won't find water quickly)
-Can make plants grow at normal plant growth rate
-Can turn things into ash and smoke without heat or flame

I could try to set them on fire from a distance, but I'm not sure how I can do that with the repetition method. If you could give me a method for how to do that (or anything else) I'd be willing to try.

If I'm setting a fire how should I do it?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2022, 01:50:47 am »

Sounds like fire might not be the best idea, does the church have a basement we could hide in or a something heavy to block the door with?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2022, 03:01:04 pm »

What if they set the church on fire?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2022, 12:41:11 am »

What if they set the church on fire?
We put it out again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12