Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Reborn into the Taleno Colony (Isekai SG): Small Child  (Read 10888 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reborn into the Taleno Colony (Isekai SG): Small Child
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2022, 09:58:35 pm »

Is it possible that the “cheater” also came form another world?
Learn as many useful magic tricks as you can think of. Watch fires, watch water freeze, watch lightning strike, watch plants grow. Try to imitate every force of nature!
+1 to this
+1. Yeah, this seems like a good idea.  And remember:  “Practice makes perfect”!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2022, 10:24:25 pm »

Is it possible that the “cheater” also came form another world?

If she is she's also better at pretending to be a six year old than me. Not sure if that stings or not.

No way for me to tell. Unless I just ask her I guess.

Learn as many useful magic tricks as you can think of. Watch fires, watch water freeze, watch lightning strike, watch plants grow. Try to imitate every force of nature!

I want you guys to know....

WATCHING PLANTS GROW IS BORING AS HELL.

Should I watch paint dry after I'm done watching the grass grow? There is a reason those are both expressions of absolute boredom.

I'm sighing externally. Just for the record.

Anyway watching ice freeze worked best. I did have to bring a bucket in and out of the house to freeze and unfreeze it repeatedly, but now I can freeze a bucket full of water. I still need the bucket for it to work.

Watching plants grow showed me the weakness of the pattern recognition method. Since you're basically doing whatever method you learned before with magic, you do it at the same pace as what you're copying. No faster. I can theoretically make a plant grow with magic, at the same rate the plant normally grows at, but since that is really slow it is hard to tell. Said magic burns more magic than I would get from eating the plant once it is finished growing as far as I can tell.

Watching lightning was more fun, but I can't do anything with lightning after. I think I need something more...reproducible? Consistent? Something like that for it to work.

Fire had some weird results. If I pick up a stick I can make it smoke and turn to ash/charcoal without any fire. Or heat. It might just be where I was looking while staring at said fire. It would probably be better if I could make the fire without the stick though...

Is there anything else I should try to do with magic/in school at this age?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2022, 03:04:34 am »

How a bout instead of watching the grass grow you try to set it on fire with your mind.

Also set fire to the school with your mind.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2022, 04:54:07 am »

Stare at the sun and try to learn to create nuclear fusion using magic.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2022, 07:27:20 am »

this…could work, it happens a lot, the problem is it’s far away, not sure if distance affects how well you’re able to magic it

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2022, 08:17:17 am »

this…could work, it happens a lot, the problem is it’s far away, not sure if distance affects how well you’re able to magic it
[/b]
+1+1+1+1+1!!!!!
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2022, 09:05:40 am »

[/b]
+1+1+1+1+1!!!!!
oh shit, just remembered the damage directly looking at it can do to the eyes, we should probably find a way to protect our eyes first, anyone remember how those eclipse glasses work?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2022, 02:47:57 pm »

[/b]
+1+1+1+1+1!!!!!
oh shit, just remembered the damage directly looking at it can do to the eyes, we should probably find a way to protect our eyes first, anyone remember how those eclipse glasses work?
They use lenses with an optical density of 5.  I couldn’t find any information on how they’re made.  I’d suggest putting our sun viewing on hold, and finding a good book on optics first…

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2022, 06:05:43 pm »

We have no proof that that applies in this world yet, so finding out whether it does was also part of the suggestion. My original plan continues to apply.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2022, 01:42:13 am »

Sounds good to me let's stare at the sun and get nuclear fusion powers!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2022, 07:50:10 pm »

We have no proof that that applies in this world yet, so finding out whether it does was also part of the suggestion. My original plan continues to apply.

Staring at the sun hurts my eyes. I'm immediately forced to look away. No nuclear based powers are gained from this.

Still better than watching plants grow.

I take my own initiative to look at the night time stars. Still no nuclear powers. They're pretty though.

I think it has to be clear what is going on with this method. That is probably where a lot of the repetition helps, and where just looking at something that is far away doesn't really help.

Today the bells in the church are ringing. This happens sometimes. This time the teachers look really scared.

I can hear why. People are fighting in town this time.

This has never happened before. All the monsters that could possibly threaten us attack the higher-fertility areas. And it is usually one at a time. Monsters being territorial means most types don't group up much.

But I can hear a lot of monsters fighting this time.

What should I do?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2022, 12:27:53 am »

Sounds like it's time to hide under a desk and pretend nothing's happening.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2022, 12:58:59 pm »

Stay safe.  That’s what you can do right now.  You aren’t yet powerful enough to take on monsters.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2022, 01:47:28 pm »

While you hide, move on to the next step of your magic study: Practice doing magic, and pay special attention to the process itself in the same way that you do when watching something to learn how to imitate it with magic. Feel the... energy, or whatever it is, and try to learn to control it directly.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2022, 06:47:15 pm »

Sounds like it's time to hide under a desk and pretend nothing's happening.
Stay safe.  That’s what you can do right now.  You aren’t yet powerful enough to take on monsters.

I the brave hero of this story hide in the church!

All the teachers tell us to stay put and go outside. The sound of fighting is getting louder. Some people are shouting about fire.

Most of the other kids just kinda sit around and cry. The stick assault team banded together to blockade the doors. I hide under a desk.

While you hide, move on to the next step of your magic study: Practice doing magic, and pay special attention to the process itself in the same way that you do when watching something to learn how to imitate it with magic. Feel the... energy, or whatever it is, and try to learn to control it directly.

Oh great idea! Bad timing though. The only one I can really do without ingredients is the magic-to-stamina thing and

Church is on fire. Someone through a burning torch or something through one of the windows and it is starting to spread.

I don't think I can hide from fire.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12