Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53825 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 3: Jim Grooves Outta Here [6 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #930 on: April 02, 2022, 05:56:53 pm »

Ah just seeing this interesting point:
It rules out possible team combinations at least. We know for certain that any combination of Toony/Max/me is impossible now, or else Tric would be hammered.

Two mafia quickhammering Tric would require a degree of co-ordination between them, as just putting Tric at -1 and waiting would be a risky move. Still, it does give us good reason to doubt the Roden + Toony team, in favour of the Tric teams. The most straightforward reason Tric hasn't been hammered is that Tric is scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 02, 2022, 05:58:19 pm »

You point out a theoretical all-protect, but I already did that. It killed me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 02, 2022, 06:01:50 pm »

You point out a theoretical all-protect, but I already did that. It killed me.
In this scenario, you used your existing all-protect as the fake claim for your N1 action, and what really happened on N1 was you died because you or your team mate shot 4mask and the shot was bussed onto you (but you also had a revive up your sleeve).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 02, 2022, 06:05:56 pm »

Max, as the only person I'm now pretty certain is town in all these scenarios, I'd like your input. I know you've been reluctant to give your own reads (bad play but possibly NAI for you) but I would like to know your assessment of the different teams I've laid out.

It would be useful not to rely on your night game plans when scum could just shoot you, and get your input while you're actually still alive.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 02, 2022, 06:06:57 pm »

Tric, please could you give me your best case on Toony. Why is he more likely scum than you in these scenarios?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 02, 2022, 06:11:24 pm »

Max, as the only person I'm now pretty certain is town in all these scenarios, I'd like your input. I know you've been reluctant to give your own reads (bad play but possibly NAI for you) but I would like to know your assessment of the different teams I've laid out.
You sure did ignore an awful lot of combinations. Maybe you thought they were less plausible, but I would have liked to know why.

Also, you and I can't be scum together because then there would be no investigators at all.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 02, 2022, 06:17:41 pm »

Likewise, NQT really hasn't read day 1. They are pretty much ignoring the fact I advertised that with asking people to shoot me. The fact they're asking me of all people to give a case when they are the ones that need that...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 02, 2022, 06:26:22 pm »

Pfp

What combos did I miss Max? I'm pretty clear about my reasoning that the only Roden combo that makes sense is Toony. Most of the other combos are ruled out by the combo of Tric and Toonys failed shot claims + the fact 4mask made the actual kill. That limits severely who can be with who.

Genuinely put in the actual work if you think I'm wrong here. If there's a viable combo I missed, tell me about it.

And yeah, the lack of investigators is academic because we both know the team isn't Max/NQT.

---
Tric, you're on the firing line here. I'm asking you to do a bit if actual scum hunting. Pretty telling that you're not.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 02, 2022, 06:35:30 pm »

I missed:

Roden + Not Toony
I already mentioned this, but how could Roden have shot Jim if town!Toony confirms Roden made a shot and 4mask claims to have been hypnotised. Makes no sense

Toony and 4mask
4mask makes the kill, Toony protects NQT. Why?? Also makes no sense.

And.... I think that's it, right? Not "an awful lot of combinations", Max. I guess you assumed there were more combos unaccounted for after a glance at the chart.  In each combo I describe, I say clearly whether its possible  or remotely plausible.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 02, 2022, 07:13:38 pm »

I missed:

Roden + Not Toony
I already mentioned this, but how could Roden have shot Jim if town!Toony confirms Roden made a shot and 4mask claims to have been hypnotised. Makes no sense

Toony and 4mask
4mask makes the kill, Toony protects NQT. Why?? Also makes no sense.

And.... I think that's it, right? Not "an awful lot of combinations", Max. I guess you assumed there were more combos unaccounted for after a glance at the chart.  In each combo I describe, I say clearly whether its possible  or remotely plausible.
Along with yourself and Tric, that makes 6 combinations you didn't mention. In the post, not the chart. Compared to 9 scenarios mentioned, that's an additional ⅔, seems like a lot to me.
Why couldn't Roden have been on a team with 4mask who took the shot? Or, for that matter, with anyone who hypnotised 4mask?
I am not saying I think these combinations are necessarily likely, I'm saying that, by leaving them out and also including some other combinations that you say are implausible, you give undue weight to the ones you mention in contrast to the ones you don't mention. If you don't want to spend time on implausible scenarios than just list them all in a single section, but don't cherry-pick them.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 02, 2022, 07:20:56 pm »

Which means the Max super Cop plan is guaranteed to catch mafia, and likely just solved the game. Let's do it.
Hold on, to be clear, what plan are you talking about? Me checking ToonyMan and expecting him to reload it if town?
Both Docs on you, Toony gives you the Doc block to ensure it can't be used to get you killed. For good measure, maybe Toony can use the Roleblock preventer ability to make sure your Cop check goes through.

Ah just seeing this interesting point:
It rules out possible team combinations at least. We know for certain that any combination of Toony/Max/me is impossible now, or else Tric would be hammered.

Two mafia quickhammering Tric would require a degree of co-ordination between them, as just putting Tric at -1 and waiting would be a risky move. Still, it does give us good reason to doubt the Roden + Toony team, in favour of the Tric teams. The most straightforward reason Tric hasn't been hammered is that Tric is scum.
You're cautious about a coordinated mis-lynch from me and Toony, yet you haven't unvoted...

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 02, 2022, 07:24:26 pm »

My character development is that I've learned my lesson about voting in MYLO. But man NQT just feels like obvscum at this point.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 02, 2022, 07:29:11 pm »

Pff

I did mention the invalid Roden combos in my original post.

I did forget to list me and Tric:

NQT and Tric

NQT hypnotises 4mask, Tric protects everyone except Jim in order to protect NQT (why not protect directly?). I overlooked this one as an oversight. It still leaves Tric as the common denominator (though I personally know its false)

Again, to repeat myself:

Roden and 4mask
4mask makes the kill, Roden shoots someone (who?) for Toony to copy. Who does Roden shoot? How come mafia have two kill powers in one night? It's not possible and the fact that you think this could be possible shows how little you've thought this through.

--

Roden are you actually going to give me a reason Tric isn't scum here or are you going to keep sniping? I know you think I'm scum because I hurt your feelings suspecting you all game, but if you are town could you do some solving maybe?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 02, 2022, 07:43:08 pm »

Roden and 4mask
4mask makes the kill, Roden shoots someone (who?) for Toony to copy. Who does Roden shoot? How come mafia have two kill powers in one night? It's not possible and the fact that you think this could be possible shows how little you've thought this through.
Why on earth is it impossible for a mafia player to also have a one-shot kill of his own if his role is, by his own admission, a video game enemy with an attack? This is a BYOR, not a standard game where powers are assigned "logically".

I do not agree with your definition of "thinking this through" because it seems to mean "arbitrarily deciding that things you personally lack the imagination to do must be impossible".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 02, 2022, 07:51:55 pm »

Mafia don't typically get double kills in a nine person game. But let's imagine that Wuba thought it'd be a funny idea, or it was balanced by lots of protects etc floating around:

Who does Roden shoot and why does it fail? The only person being protected in this scenario is... 4mask. Or are you saying a plausible scenario is Roden shot his buddy 4mask to distance himself in the end game, but this plan was thwarted by Tric protecting 4mask?

But even this scenario doesn't work because, unless I am mistaken, a protect is only good for one kill. Tric's protect would bounce Roden"s bullet but not Toony's.

Come on.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75