Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53965 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 3: Jim Grooves Outta Here [6 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #870 on: April 01, 2022, 03:52:57 pm »

If Toony bussed 4mask and NQT, 4mask would've died. The Doc would've gone to NQT and the Vig would've gone to 4mask.

The problem Tric is that you saw me establish an entire plan and multiple times saw me say I would Vig 4mask. At the end of the day, you're claiming to protect a Vig target, even though the Doc results seem to have been on NQT. So that's a double whammy on you tbh. The problem is that I don't understand why you would target either of them as either alignment. We have a claimed Cop and there was zero protection there, nor on the player who got inno'd (Toony).

This gets further complicated with Toony's bussing, how exactly it works, and any further details about NQT's role that he may not have offered. For all I know, he could be Bulletproof. I doubt it, since my results flavor did say that NQT at the very least was hurt, but with my Vig being considered "successful" despite his apparent death then something screwy has to be happening here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 01, 2022, 04:08:12 pm »

Thank you for claiming Roden, with that I can claim my second action.

Don't worry, I didn't bus drive anyone last night.

For my second action, I copied Roden's vig shot and targeted 4mask.

This confirms Tric protected 4mask from me killing them as 4mask should also be dead, let alone NQT.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 01, 2022, 04:11:05 pm »

In other words, Tric is town unless you want to argue he protected 4mask while also using magic hypnosis.

And what's going on with NQT? How did he survive too unless he's hiding something?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 01, 2022, 04:12:37 pm »

That doesn't quite work toony. It's fancy, but you could have just as easily hypnotized roden. Give me a bit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 01, 2022, 04:19:42 pm »

Jesus christ the town shoot both of the mafia on the same night and Tric thinks I'm the shitter. You know I'm pretty pissed you protected 4mask last night, you can see why yeah?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 01, 2022, 04:24:16 pm »

It's so clearly not Tric and Roden. Tric is acting like an idiot instead of just going with the flow and trying to get 4mask or NQT lynched which I would happily agree with and lose to.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #876 on: April 01, 2022, 04:29:57 pm »

ALRIGHT.

I REDIRECTED EVERYBODY EXCEPT 4MASKWOLF TO 4MASKWOLF. I ALSO WATCHED TOONYMAN VISIT 4MASKWOLF. I AM NOT GOING TO EXPLAIN HOW I AM ABLE TO DO BOTH OF THESE THINGS.

I DID NOT LOSE ANY AUTOS AND I HAVE NO INDICATION THAT ANYTHING THAT I DID FAILED. I'M SOMEWHAT CONFUSED BY THE RESULTS IN THIS CASE. A COUPLE POINTS OF CONFUSION AND OBSERVATION:

I) IF TOONYMAN IS TELLING THE TRUTH, I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THAT EVERYTHING, INCLUDING MY OWN ACTION TO WATCH 4MASKWOLF, WOULD HAVE TARGETED TRICMAGIC, SO I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD HAVE SEEN MORE THAN JUST TOONYMAN.
II) IF MY ACTIONS ARE SUCCESSFUL I DON'T SEE HOW NOTQUITETHERE TRACKS RODEN AND GETS A RESULT THAT HE'S UNTRACKABLE, UNLESS NOTQUITETHERE IS IMMUNE TO REDIRECTS, TRICMAGIC IS UNTRACKABLE, SOME OTHER WEIRD SHIT IS GOING ON, OR NOTQUITETHERE IS NOT BEING HONEST WITH HIS CLAIM.
III) THE EFFECTS TRICMAGIC CLAIMED, I.E., DYING AND REVIVING AND LOSING HIS AUTO, ARE ALSO CONSISTENT WITH BEING THE TARGET OF THE NIGHT KILL AND TOONYMAN YOINKING HIS AUTOS.

I THINK TOONYMAN'S CLAIM IS BELIEVABLE. I FIND NOTQUITETHERE'S CLAIM SOMEWHAT DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE GIVEN EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN CLAIMED. IF NOTQUITETHERE'S CLAIM IS FALSE THEN THIS ALSO PUTS SUSPICION ONTO RODEN SINCE NOTQUITETHERE CLAIMED RODEN'S UNTRACKABILITY BEFORE RODEN CLAIMED IT.

gets music out. OBJECTION!
Right now we know Toony targeted 4maskwolf N1. However, we do not know if Toony targeted me as well. This throws the claim of bussing completely out of the water. And do to Toony showcasing a new skill, and the likelyhood no one got wiped last night.

Fact: Toony claimed to target 4mask to bus him with me, and wipe Jim's autos.
Fact: Jim did not lose their Auto, and redirected to 4mask.
Fact: 4mask did not lose their Auto.
Conjecture: Their wipe ability doesn't actually exist as they say it does. Rather it does something else entirely.
Fact: Toony stole an item last night. This means they targeted 4mask.
Conjecture: Toony has a number of abilities, from Hypnosis to Deflection.
Fact: Toony's bus claim cannot be verified.

Rebuttal/counter: My auto got wiped? However this is inconclusive and not against the hypothesis that Toony has multiple actions he can perform.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 01, 2022, 04:36:49 pm »

... A question Toony, was that Night 1 kill supposed to be me?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 01, 2022, 05:06:32 pm »

There's a funny possibility here if Toony is telling the truth. Roden is a 0% one-shot cowardly vigilante. He has a vigilante power, it just always fails, and his ability to hide is the real power. This kind of thing might make sense in a game with only 9 players and a lot of fakeout abilities.

Alternatively, Tric has some kind of area-of-effect protection (like if they protect one person, a random player is also protected)— again, it would make sense in a potentially high kill game where there are multiple killers and apparently kills can be duplicated(?!).

Or Toony is just lying. Note how he waited until everyone had claimed before revealing all the details.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 01, 2022, 05:09:40 pm »

Are you fucking serious right now

Why are you making this game so difficult??

I explained multiple times yesterday that I didn't Commute. I told Jack he could safely Track me. You didn't target me because you're either just not paying attention or you're scum!
Or... and this might come as a surprise... I thought you were probably scum and so couldn't be trusted not to be lying about the temporariness of your untrackability. I couldn't risk my track failing because of shenanigans I knew you had already been capable of.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 01, 2022, 05:15:46 pm »

Are you fucking serious right now

Why are you making this game so difficult??

I explained multiple times yesterday that I didn't Commute. I told Jack he could safely Track me. You didn't target me because you're either just not paying attention or you're scum!
Or... and this might come as a surprise... I thought you were probably scum and so couldn't be trusted not to be lying about the temporariness of your untrackability. I couldn't risk my track failing because of shenanigans I knew you had already been capable of.
You...realize that means if I was still untrackable, that it was undeniable proof that I'm lying scum...right?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 01, 2022, 05:24:25 pm »

Not really, you could just make some claim about how you misread your ability text and the players would believe it. After all Jim retconned his explanation of his own power on rereading it (quite truthfully). But, now you've truly, fully, nailed your flag to the mast on this one, I can always track you tonight.

That said, another reason for tracking someone else is that as you claimed miller, the pseudocop part of my power is useless against you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 01, 2022, 05:26:11 pm »

Everyone

I think I'm the only player that has tried to actually account fully for what happened and build some team possibilities. Who do you all think are scum and how?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 01, 2022, 05:37:51 pm »

There's a funny possibility here if Toony is telling the truth. Roden is a 0% one-shot cowardly vigilante. He has a vigilante power, it just always fails, and his ability to hide is the real power. This kind of thing might make sense in a game with only 9 players and a lot of fakeout abilities.

Alternatively, Tric has some kind of area-of-effect protection (like if they protect one person, a random player is also protected)— again, it would make sense in a potentially high kill game where there are multiple killers and apparently kills can be duplicated(?!).

Or Toony is just lying. Note how he waited until everyone had claimed before revealing all the details.
Hider isn't naturally Ascetic though? What is a mafia Hider supposed to do with no town Vig?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 01, 2022, 05:40:30 pm »

Hider isn't naturally Ascetic though? What is a mafia Hider supposed to do with no town Vig?
Obviously these would be whatever custom roles Web had made, I was just saying it's possible that if you are a town vig, you could unwittingly be a fake vig. That's in a world where the team is something like Tric/4mask.

Anyway, who are the mafia and how? If you don't like my theories, what are yours?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75