Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53925 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 3: Jim Grooves Outta Here [6 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #855 on: April 01, 2022, 11:52:30 am »

Toony, why did town!Tric protect 4mask? Why did scum!4mask shoot Jim of all people?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 01, 2022, 11:59:11 am »

His vague pronouncements about knowing who scum is (without giving any reason), his reluctance to claim despite thinking the game is lock, his contradictory position that a nolynch would be good to day etc.
Oh, okay. Not really what I would call cryptic. He's not talking in riddles, just making bald assertions. Well, pushing nolynch in order to stall during MYLO is a known scum ToonyMan move, but it's also... an actual thing you might want to do during MYLO, so it's hard for me to make a firm statement on that. And, to be clear, switching to lynch EuchreJack, definitely one of the least lynchworthy players, was absolutely an anti-town move. I'm not saying I wouldn't lynch ToonyMan, but since I can know his alignment with guaranteed certainty tonight, I'm not really that into it either. On the other hand, he deserves it, no question. But we don't all get what we deserve.

I don't know who scum are. Tric and Roden are the best guess with the evidence but I'm not going to go soft on everyone else because of that.
I don't really believe that this setup is completely without any town doctoring. If nothing else, it would be a pretty shitty thing to do to me given that my role works best if I don't do anything useful until the last minute. If someone else wants to claim to have a protective ability, I'll reconsider this.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 01, 2022, 12:00:14 pm »

Toony, why did town!Tric protect 4mask?
I'm not going to supply the answers here since you didn't ask me, but I definitely have some.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 01, 2022, 12:21:08 pm »

How would you explain my Sacrifice play NQT?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 01, 2022, 12:54:28 pm »

How would you explain my Sacrifice play NQT?
Plenty of possible explanations:

1. Preventing extra kills when there might be a vig in the game is something scum might want to do, especially if they think themselves likely targets
2. Scum shot 4mask, it was bussed onto Tric and you have a one-shot revive (this is especially possible if your on a one-man scum team)
3. The move did something else or was intended to do something else along with killing and reviving you

Why did you protect 4mask?

(Max, you can answer this too if you like)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 01, 2022, 01:02:57 pm »

Toony, why did town!Tric protect 4mask? Why did scum!4mask shoot Jim of all people?
Jim is the one player that Tric wouldn't be able to protect.

Mafia had to kill Jim last night to avoid a protect happening. They didn't use the Celestial Gauntlets because there was no need to if they killed Jim, I guess as a form of insurance for later.

Now, why would that be? It's like...they respect Tric as a doctor!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 01, 2022, 01:09:07 pm »

Why did you protect 4mask?

(Max, you can answer this too if you like)
Sure. A town TricMagic would see me claiming to have investigated ToonyMan, as well as ToonyMan's insistence that I'm town, as evidence that we're connected. He then sees ToonyMan make a last-minute vote change to what turned out to be a town lynch; a town TricMagic tends to assume way too much significance of any action that doesn't give him, personally, time to respond. He thinks "that's just what Max did on day 1, and I know they're connected, so they're probably a scum team!" He looks back over the thread and sees ToonyMan attacking 4maskwolf, and thinks "ToonyMan has it in for 4maskwolf, so I had better protect him instead of risking protecting an evil mafioso by following the original plan."

The most strictly rational interpretation would have been that 4maskwolf and ToonyMan are the mafia team, of course, since ToonyMan shifted the vote away from 4maskwolf, and 4mask had done the same thing for ToonyMan day 1 — but because ToonyMan voted 4mask and said I was town, the assumed connection runs the other way. In my experience, TricMagic, at least as town, doesn't tend to think in terms of buddying and distancing unless it's specifically someone buddying him, in which case he gets suspicious.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 01, 2022, 01:29:45 pm »

Toony
Jim is the one player that Tric wouldn't be able to protect.
This is almost a good point... except it's wrong. A town doctor Tric cannot protect himself. Why not shoot the doctor? Sorry to have to point out such an obvious mistake in your reasoning here, Toon.

Max
a town TricMagic tends to assume way too much significance of any action that doesn't give him, personally, time to respond.
This is definitely a deep read of Tric's regular perspective. But I am a bit burned out on "Tric would never act like this" from that game last year where everyone consistently misjudged him over this sort of thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 01, 2022, 01:48:53 pm »

I'm a bus driver NQT. It's too risky for mafia to try to kill Tric. I can't protect Jim the same way Tric can't protect Jim either.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 01, 2022, 01:57:22 pm »

I'm a bus driver NQT. It's too risky for mafia to try to kill Tric. I can't protect Jim the same way Tric can't protect Jim either.
You also stole an item, so clearly you aren't just that, if you ever were.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 01, 2022, 02:02:31 pm »

Is it though? Is there a world where you and Tric are both town and you decide to bus the doctor, in a game where there is a claimed vig? I don't buy it.

If that is this world, why didn't you bus Tric?

Also let's imagine that a mafia!4mask did decide to shoot Jim for an ensured kill. That immediately puts a target on him as the only possible person to have performed the kill. So he's making a direct exchange 1 for 1. In what world does that win the game for scum?

This is really high grade bullshit, Toony. Do we even have any proof that you are a bus driver? From what we've seen, you're an item thief.

Max would your inspect on Toony show if he was third party?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 01, 2022, 02:25:40 pm »

You also stole an item, so clearly you aren't just that, if you ever were.
I am many things.

If that is this world, why didn't you bus Tric?
How would you know? I bus drived Tric and 4mask on N1 and Max recommended I bus Tric with someone on N2. I haven't claimed my second action for N2. I want to claim it after everyone else has.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 01, 2022, 03:19:43 pm »

... Quick reminder, who confirmed that bit of info that you targeted someone?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 01, 2022, 03:30:40 pm »

N1 I tracked Roden but it failed because he's untrackable.
N2 I tracked 4mask. 4mask targeted Jim. There was scum between them and any targetter of 4mask.

I knew there was no point tracking Roden again (untrackable),
Are you fucking serious right now

Why are you making this game so difficult??

I explained multiple times yesterday that I didn't Commute. I told Jack he could safely Track me. You didn't target me because you're either just not paying attention or you're scum!

NQT, you're not a pure Tracker. Full claim please.

Also can you guys please stop lynching my town reads?
I also want Tric to claim who he targeted last night.
The reason I made these requests is because I targeted you, NQT. Everyone acting shocked that 4mask isn't dead...why? Why are you confused? I made it clear I wanted to lynch NQT yesterday and only wanted to Vig 4mask because no one else was a viable target. But since you guys wanted to mis-lynch an obvtown after I told you all not to AGAIN, I feel like it should be obvious that I was going to shoot NQT.

Now, a couple problems. One, Tric, wtf? Why would you protect 4mask after I claimed I would Vig him? You realize how anti-town that is, right?

Two, and this is a much bigger problem: my action was successful. My results told me that I, as a fact, did manage to flatten NQT into a pancake. However, he's still here. Why? If Tric targeted 4mask, why was my action still successful, yet NQT still lives?

It'd be nice if I could, you know, prove it, but y'all flash wagon'd the one player who could actually prove it for literally no reason. NQT technically could do it as well but he didn't want to listen I guess.

(Also why the hell did you also target 4mask if you expected me to Vig him??)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 01, 2022, 03:40:21 pm »

I targeted 4mask with my protection because of Toony's actions end of yesterday.
... That said, that means someone redirected the action to NQT, so my doctoring likely ended up hitting NQT as a result of that? Why though. Well, the obvious bit is someone was expecting 4mask to get hit with a bullet.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 75