Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53835 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #750 on: March 30, 2022, 06:32:26 pm »

Tric if you're going to kill yourself again at least give a nice summary of your reads with a full-rundown of your role.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 30, 2022, 06:33:05 pm »

/\
This is what got away from the votes. Somehow.

I lost electricity for a while, I have way too much still to read, but 4maskwolf is my first instinct. Maybe I take it back, we'll see.
Thank you.. 4maskwolf
I'll change back if he slips back to just my vote. Not like it matters if it's at 2/everyone else is too.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 30, 2022, 06:33:21 pm »

I can't think of a game I've played where mafia self-vote, can somebody find a game I was in where mafia self-voted?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 30, 2022, 06:33:39 pm »

Euchre, you must see that it's highly unlikely that this set up would have a pure cop. Everyone has bizarro roles, no?
I'm not a pure cop and I said I wasn't a pure cop. I'm a cop, a rolecop, and can [OTHER THING], at my leisure. If I rolecop someone I can then copcop that person for free afterward, but I didn't bother because I wanted more useful information and I never really saw much value in rolecopping in a BYOR.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 30, 2022, 06:34:37 pm »

*eyes dart back and forth quickly*

Holy vote swapping batman

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 30, 2022, 06:35:31 pm »

Quote from: JIM'S VOTECOUNT
Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 - Maximum Spin,
EuchreJack - 2 - 4maskwolf, notquitethere,
notquitethere - 1 - Roden,
Jim Groovester - 1 - EuchreJack,
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 1 - TricMagic,
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - ToonyMan, Jim Groovester

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 30, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (ROUGHLY 1.5 HOURS I THINK)

This wagon formation always catches a wolf :wowee:

I can't think of a game I've played where mafia self-vote, can somebody find a game I was in where mafia self-voted?
I can't think of a game where anyone has self-voted.

Also I was really just using that as an excuse to shamelessly steal that meme from Mafia Universe.

/\
This is what got away from the votes. Somehow.
This is seriously the most no thoughts head empty statement I've ever read. I posted a meme therefore I'm a wolf?

Euchre, you must see that it's highly unlikely that this set up would have a pure cop. Everyone has bizarro roles, no?
I'm not a pure cop and I said I wasn't a pure cop. I'm a cop, a rolecop, and can [OTHER THING], at my leisure. If I rolecop someone I can then copcop that person for free afterward, but I didn't bother because I wanted more useful information and I never really saw much value in rolecopping in a BYOR.
Godfathers, presumably?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 30, 2022, 06:36:53 pm »

Tric if you're going to kill yourself again at least give a nice summary of your reads with a full-rundown of your role.
... Already did. Auto that lets me befriend someone at the start of day 1, allowing me to revive so long as they are alive. Doctor ability. And a 1-shot Sacrifice that kills me but prevents other deaths that night. If I have my auto, it also removes it after I'm revived..

As for reads... We got 3 millers, I believe Roden and Jim are town. I don't actually trust you or max, hence if I died tonight, I'd want your actions looked at. 4mask is probably mafia. And NQT is just... NQT. I can never read him it seems.

Jack is Jack, he doesn't exactly inspire towniness in me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 30, 2022, 06:38:20 pm »

Toony, it's not super common on Bay12 but I saw mafia self voting all the time in champ games. It can be basic emotional manipulation or throwing-in-the-towel.

I don't know whether this is a trick or whether this is magic.

--
Max, this is exactly what I'm saying. This "the other cop would counter claim" business is nonsense. Anyway what with Roden, Euchre and Tric's shenanigans, I've moved back into thinking you're more likely town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 30, 2022, 06:39:25 pm »

Tric? What the hell was that? Why? What??

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 30, 2022, 06:40:35 pm »

I'll note if the vote is tied mafia get to choose who dies. And right now there are 2 votes on Jack from NQT/4mask.

Toony, pretty much Toony. I don't like setups. Saying you'd make a vote ahead of time when it's likely NQT will be dead? I'd rather self-lynch to deny that entirely.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 30, 2022, 06:41:47 pm »

SO 4MASKWOLF POSTULATES THAT TRICMAGIC WAS THE VICTIM OF THE NIGHT KILL. SO THE ONLY WAY THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED IS IF THE KILLER TARGETED 4MASKWOLF DIRECTLY OR TARGETED ME SINCE I REDIRECTED EVERYTHING TARGETING ME (EXCEPT ACTIONS 4MASKWOLF TARGETED ME WITH) TO 4MASKWOLF, AND THEN TOONYMAN'S BUSSING SWAPPED TRICMAGIC'S AND 4MASKWOLF'S PLACES.

I WAS WATCHING 4MASKWOLF AND BECAUSE OF TOONYMAN'S BUSSING OF 4MASKWOLF AND TRICMAGIC I ENDED UP WATCHING TRICMAGIC. I ONLY SAW TOONYMAN VISIT.
This is super important and I'm not at all angry that nobody remembers I pointed out exactly this like yesterday. ONLY ToonyMan could have killed TricMagic, and, if ToonyMan did it, he drew attention to the fact that the redirects would shake out this way since he explained that his auto-scrubber went from Jim → 4mask → TricMagic too.

In other words, EITHER TricMagic was not the kill target OR ToonyMan is stupid, can't go any other way. I'm willing to buy either, sorry ToonyMan, but you at least have to convince me.

Incidentally, wouldn't it be nice if webadict were still around so we could ask whether, if someone did two actions on the same target, that person would appear to a watcher once or twice?

Godfathers, presumably?
I'm not caught up, I just saw this while posting, but I want to point out: no, useless, even if ToonyMan (say) is a godfather then his role is still just whatever dumb thing he submitted, it won't SAY whether he is a godfather or not, all I could do is say "well maybe it would make sense for him to be a godfather with this role" but that's no more or less than I can already do. If you saw my rolename it wouldn't tell you anything useful, although you could correctly infer that I probably have some kind of inspect.

Max, this is exactly what I'm saying. This "the other cop would counter claim" business is nonsense. Anyway what with Roden, Euchre and Tric's shenanigans, I've moved back into thinking you're more likely town.
It's not nonsense, literally no other person has claimed to be any kind of cop, which should suggest to you that nobody else is any kind of cop.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 30, 2022, 06:41:49 pm »

... Already did. Auto that lets me befriend someone at the start of day 1, allowing me to revive so long as they are alive. Doctor ability. And a 1-shot Sacrifice that kills me but prevents other deaths that night. If I have my auto, it also removes it after I'm revived..
Name drop everything about your role. The name of your role and the name of every ability.

This is important.

@NQT:
I am also fairly confident that Max is town, NQT.

Also Tric has already revealed these details before I guess you missed that.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 30, 2022, 06:42:43 pm »

SO 4MASKWOLF POSTULATES THAT TRICMAGIC WAS THE VICTIM OF THE NIGHT KILL. SO THE ONLY WAY THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED IS IF THE KILLER TARGETED 4MASKWOLF DIRECTLY OR TARGETED ME SINCE I REDIRECTED EVERYTHING TARGETING ME (EXCEPT ACTIONS 4MASKWOLF TARGETED ME WITH) TO 4MASKWOLF, AND THEN TOONYMAN'S BUSSING SWAPPED TRICMAGIC'S AND 4MASKWOLF'S PLACES.

I WAS WATCHING 4MASKWOLF AND BECAUSE OF TOONYMAN'S BUSSING OF 4MASKWOLF AND TRICMAGIC I ENDED UP WATCHING TRICMAGIC. I ONLY SAW TOONYMAN VISIT.
This is super important and I'm not at all angry that nobody remembers I pointed out exactly this like yesterday. ONLY ToonyMan could have killed TricMagic, and, if ToonyMan did it, he drew attention to the fact that the redirects would shake out this way since he explained that his auto-scrubber went from Jim → 4mask → TricMagic too.

In other words, EITHER TricMagic was not the kill target OR ToonyMan is stupid, can't go any other way. I'm willing to buy either, sorry ToonyMan, but you at least have to convince me.

Incidentally, wouldn't it be nice if webadict were still around so we could ask whether, if someone did two actions on the same target, that person would appear to a watcher once or twice?

Godfathers, presumably?
I'm not caught up, I just saw this while posting, but I want to point out: no, useless, even if ToonyMan (say) is a godfather then his role is still just whatever dumb thing he submitted, it won't SAY whether he is a godfather or not, all I could do is say "well maybe it would make sense for him to be a godfather with this role" but that's no more or less than I can already do. If you saw my rolename it wouldn't tell you anything useful, although you could correctly infer that I probably have some kind of inspect.

It's not nonsense, literally no other person has claimed to be any kind of cop, which should suggest to you that nobody else is any kind of cop.
Ooooooooooh that's what you meant by rolecop.

Yeah that's of somewhat niche utility, at least for the town. Generally anti-claim mechanics are added to the wolves or third parties.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 30, 2022, 06:43:33 pm »

Also Max you also are forgetting that multiple people have openly claimed to be unfindable when they perform actions.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 30, 2022, 06:45:22 pm »

You’re forgetting Euchre, Jim. He already claimed to have a ninja-like ability that makes him unnoticeable when acting.
In all fairness, from what I can tell, there is absolutely no way that you can see me. So if I got caught up in that mess, you would not know.
Okay no I didn't know you had ever claimed this, when did that happen? I guess it doesn't matter currently anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75