Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54076 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #720 on: March 30, 2022, 06:06:55 pm »

Tric and Euchre really want to kill me (and Euchre wants to kill Jim) all of a sudden.

I wonder why.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 30, 2022, 06:08:05 pm »

I really really believe Jim is town this game, and that my paranoia of the Jim/4mask team is annoying the hell out of me. I'm going to look fucking stupid if I'm wrong, but I don't think Jim is mafia and I could only see 4mask with Jim honestly. 4mask/NQT seems like wishful thinking to me...

I need to be final at this point in the day.

I'm going to believe in Jim (who believed in me EOD1) and I will not be voting 4mask today.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 30, 2022, 06:08:54 pm »

Roden's plan explicitly calls for being tracked when he says he can avoid being tracked. Interesting.

It's a dumb plan because it doesn't hit the most likely killer.

Also any plan with a fixed vig target is super dumb when we know that people can bus, redirect, block, etc etc.

---

Tric, I'm not saying they weren't jokes. I'm saying that no one at the time doubted that there could be multiple rolecop powers floating around. It's a wuba game, with all kinds of shenanigans. Its bizarre and frankly scummy that this is the line some players thing is beyond the pale.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 30, 2022, 06:09:37 pm »

I really really believe Jim is town this game, and that my paranoia of the Jim/4mask team is annoying the hell out of me. I'm going to look fucking stupid if I'm wrong, but I don't think Jim is mafia and I could only see 4mask with Jim honestly. 4mask/NQT seems like wishful thinking to me...

I need to be final at this point in the day.

I'm going to believe in Jim (who believed in me EOD1) and I will not be voting 4mask today.
Believe in the Jim who believes in you!

God I don't even like that anime why is that the first thing that came into my mind.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 30, 2022, 06:10:41 pm »

The entire point of those specific actions in my suggested plan is that it spews teams if mafia don't kill me tonight and NQT/4mask both flip town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 30, 2022, 06:10:56 pm »

Tric could be the killer (he shoots 4mask or Jim and its redirected back onto him in a hilarious sequence.)

Roden could be the killer, as I've made clear earlier. (He's explicitly not a real commuter, he didn't leave the town, his kill couldn't have been tracked by me or Toony).

Or it's Jack, who has an unverifiable claim.

If these are the only possible killers then we need to shoot in this pool.
Point 1, I would shoot Toony every time. Points 2 and 3, claims meant to cast shade.
Why would I shoot 4mask? Moreover, I set up my role from day 1. MYROLEMYROLEYROLE, as Jim put well. If this is just some fancy trick, that I'm mafia? Then there were no kill actions last night, I just self-terminated.

Roden's plan explicitly calls for being tracked when he says he can avoid being tracked. Interesting.

Also any plan with a fixed vig target is super dumb when we know that people can bus, redirect, block, etc etc.

---

Tric, I'm not saying they weren't jokes. I'm saying that no one at the time doubted that there could be multiple rolecop powers floating around. It's a wuba game, with all kinds of shenanigans. Its bizarre and frankly scummy that this is the line some players thing is beyond the pale.
See above. Also, no other cops have come forth, and now's the time to do so, not Day 3.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 30, 2022, 06:11:47 pm »

The entire point of those specific actions in my suggested plan is that it spews teams if mafia don't kill me tonight and NQT/4mask both flip town.
Except it doesn't because there's multiple confirmable claims and multiple points of failure where different wolfteams could have the same overall result.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 30, 2022, 06:12:15 pm »

*unconfirmed claims

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 30, 2022, 06:13:09 pm »

---

My Commute is an action, not a passive. I can be Tracked if I choose a different action.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 1: Murder Most Foul [9 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #729 on: March 30, 2022, 06:14:37 pm »

I remember Jim said this on Day 1:

EUCHREJACK/TRICMAGIC SCUMTEAM? EUCHREJACK IS ACTING LIKE ALREADY FOUND OUT SCUM FOR SOME REASON.

I could see Jack/Tric trying to kill Jim on N1 for this statement, but the kill instead getting sent to 4mask and then to Tric.
kicks feet about. Wasn't very subtle huh? Given I literally befriended jack in the thread. I do admit that is the kind of crazy gambit Jack and I might do but...
The rest of the starting day kinda hints against it unless we've both had a massive boost in skill. Or have been working at cross-purposes without communicating in the mafiachat.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 30, 2022, 06:16:17 pm »

Tric you sound like a cartoon villain right now.

My Commute is an action, not a passive. I can be Tracked if I choose a different action.
Yes.
I believe you Roden.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 30, 2022, 06:16:58 pm »

Max perfectly timed that vote shift yesterday.
I want to know who Toony targeted last night though.

CONSIDERING HOW MUCH SCREECHING TRICMAGIC DID ON DAY 1 ABOUT TOONYMAN WIPING HIS AUTOS I DON'T KNOW WHY TRICMAGIC IS INTERESTED IN WHAT TOONYMAN DID DURING NIGHT 1 IF HE KNOWS HE SHOT OFF A ONE SHOT THAT WIPED HIS REVIVING AUTO.

TRICMAGIC BE HONEST NOW,

YOUR ONE SHOT SACRIFICE CLAIM IS FAKE.

@Jim: I'm unclear on what is your claimed night action.  I see you are confused as well.  Could you lay out all the information you have from the night phase in one post, so I can actually understand it?

DURING DAY 1 I CHOSE 4MASKWOLF. WHILE 4MASKWOLF IS ALIVE ALL ACTIONS THAT TARGET ME TARGET HIM INSTEAD, EXCEPT FOR ACTIONS 4MASKWOLF DOES THAT TARGET ME.
DURING NIGHT 1 I CHOSE TO WATCH 4MASKWOLF.

.... Context is important. Note the very calm text? I wasn't going to claim that I did that till after most everyone had claimed. Hence potentially catching people in a lie. 4mask did not do well during that.
What are you even talking about lmao. My claim is literally confirmed by Jim.
Mechaincs, mechanics, mechaincs. Are you some sort of scrap mechanic? Cause you seem more interested in those than the social aspect of things.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 30, 2022, 06:18:50 pm »

Tric you really rolefishing for the people with cop powers. How would them claiming remotely help anything other than give scum more of an idea who to target?

If there really are multiple millers in the game (and I'm not convinced as I said before), then having lots of cop powers isn't unbalanced.

--

Roden and Toony, weren't you literally just saying that scum may have multiple actions? How does Roden's claim that his commute is an action toggle mean anything for his plan? If he's scum he's a liar.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 30, 2022, 06:19:46 pm »

I remember Jim said this on Day 1:

EUCHREJACK/TRICMAGIC SCUMTEAM? EUCHREJACK IS ACTING LIKE ALREADY FOUND OUT SCUM FOR SOME REASON.

I could see Jack/Tric trying to kill Jim on N1 for this statement, but the kill instead getting sent to 4mask and then to Tric.
kicks feet about. Wasn't very subtle huh? Given I literally befriended jack in the thread. I do admit that is the kind of crazy gambit Jack and I might do but...
The rest of the starting day kinda hints against it unless we've both had a massive boost in skill. Or have been working at cross-purposes without communicating in the mafiachat.

I THINK THIS IS THE STRANGEST TRICMAGIC POST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN YOU ATTEMPT AN APPEAL TO YOUR OWN META.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 30, 2022, 06:20:21 pm »

Max perfectly timed that vote shift yesterday.
I want to know who Toony targeted last night though.

CONSIDERING HOW MUCH SCREECHING TRICMAGIC DID ON DAY 1 ABOUT TOONYMAN WIPING HIS AUTOS I DON'T KNOW WHY TRICMAGIC IS INTERESTED IN WHAT TOONYMAN DID DURING NIGHT 1 IF HE KNOWS HE SHOT OFF A ONE SHOT THAT WIPED HIS REVIVING AUTO.

TRICMAGIC BE HONEST NOW,

YOUR ONE SHOT SACRIFICE CLAIM IS FAKE.

@Jim: I'm unclear on what is your claimed night action.  I see you are confused as well.  Could you lay out all the information you have from the night phase in one post, so I can actually understand it?

DURING DAY 1 I CHOSE 4MASKWOLF. WHILE 4MASKWOLF IS ALIVE ALL ACTIONS THAT TARGET ME TARGET HIM INSTEAD, EXCEPT FOR ACTIONS 4MASKWOLF DOES THAT TARGET ME.
DURING NIGHT 1 I CHOSE TO WATCH 4MASKWOLF.

.... Context is important. Note the very calm text? I wasn't going to claim that I did that till after most everyone had claimed. Hence potentially catching people in a lie. 4mask did not do well during that.
What are you even talking about lmao. My claim is literally confirmed by Jim.
Mechaincs, mechanics, mechaincs. Are you some sort of scrap mechanic? Cause you seem more interested in those than the social aspect of things.
Toony's right, you do sound like a cartoon villain

"I don't care that your role is mechanically confirmed, you did poorly in claiming."
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 75