Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54070 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #675 on: March 30, 2022, 04:52:15 pm »

I never targeted Jack with the bus drive so I imagine it would still affect him.

I MEAN IF JACK TRIED TO TARGET 4MASKWOLF, IT SHOULD STILL HIT TRICMAGIC, RIGHT?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 30, 2022, 04:54:27 pm »

I never targeted Jack with the bus drive so I imagine it would still affect him.

It should, but as far as I can tell we can't gather anything from that since Tric made nobody able to die last night besides himself.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 30, 2022, 04:55:38 pm »

I don't think Tric is clever enough to make up a fake-claim on the spot after getting blasted by his partner, but maybe he is.

Tric did say he befriended Jack...ugh why Jack of all people Tric??

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 30, 2022, 04:59:22 pm »

Jack explicitly makes his claim last
I didn't claim.
Since everyone has claimed, I might as well.
I tracked Maximum Spin visiting Toonyman.  So it only bolsters existing players, but I felt it best to be clear whom I am bolstering.

He claims something he could know if he was mafia whether or not Max is on the same side (because Max had claimed). He also claims a role that is way is simpler than my confirmed tracking role. And he is excessively certain that Max must be the only town cop, because his whole claim rests on Max telling the truth about his action.

EuchreJack has the weakest claim here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 30, 2022, 05:01:09 pm »

Both of your guesses are as good as mine.

My (current) theory is that Jim was the intended Night Kill. That Night Kill got transferred to 4maskwolf, then Tric.
That clears Jim as Town.
It is NAI for 4maskwolf.
It makes Toonyman look "better" as redirecting onto Tric who claimed some sort of immortality is townie.

My role is pretty much designed that unless I claim first on a day, then it's impossible for me to be "cleared".

Jack explicitly makes his claim last
I didn't claim.
Since everyone has claimed, I might as well.
I tracked Maximum Spin visiting Toonyman.  So it only bolsters existing players, but I felt it best to be clear whom I am bolstering.

He claims something he could know if he was mafia whether or not Max is on the same side (because Max had claimed). He also claims a role that is way is simpler than my confirmed tracking role. And he is excessively certain that Max must be the only town cop, because his whole claim rests on Max telling the truth about his action.

EuchreJack has the weakest claim here.
OOH, Let's Lynch the weakest claim.  That is GUARANTEED to win town the game!!!  Good Job NQT!!! You are MVP for SURE!
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Maybe I can label you too dumb for scum?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 30, 2022, 05:03:51 pm »

MY THINKING EARLIER IN DAY 2 WAS THAT TRICMAGIC CLAIMING THE MAGIC ONE SHOT PROTECT AGAINST ALL KILLS THAT ALSO KILLS HIM WAS A GREAT WAY TO EXPLAIN I) DYING, II) THE LOSS OF AUTOS, AND III) A GREAT WAY TO OBSCURE WHO THE INTENDED TARGET OF THE NIGHT KILL WAS.

THIS WAS BEFORE I STARTED THINKING ABOUT HOW MY ROLE ACTUALLY WORKED AND HOW I ENDED UP WATCHING HIM AND ONLY SAW YOU (TOONYMAN) VISIT HIM.

I don't think Tric is clever enough to make up a fake-claim on the spot after getting blasted by his partner, but maybe he is.

YOU REMEMBER IN MAGIC MAFIA WHEN TRICMAGIC FAKE CLAIMED IN SUPPORT OF VECTOR'S GUILTY INSPECT DURING DAY 2?

I'VE BEEN REMINDED OF THAT WHEN THINKING ABOUT HIS CLAIM, SO I DO THINK HE CAN BE QUICK ON HIS FEET LIKE THAT AND THAT HIS

MANNER

WOULD LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT WHEREAS A MORE CAREFUL POSTER LIKE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH THAT.

Both of your guesses are as good as mine.

My (current) theory is that Jim was the intended Night Kill. That Night Kill got transferred to 4maskwolf, then Tric.
That clears Jim as Town.
It is NAI for 4maskwolf.
It makes Toonyman look "better" as redirecting onto Tric who claimed some sort of immortality is townie.

My role is pretty much designed that unless I claim first on a day, then it's impossible for me to be "cleared".

YOUR THEORY IMPLICATES PLAYERS WHO CAN'T BE TRACKED I.E. YOU AND RODEN.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 30, 2022, 05:04:58 pm »

OOH, Let's Lynch the weakest claim.  That is GUARANTEED to win town the game!!!  Good Job NQT!!! You are MVP for SURE!
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Maybe I can label you too dumb for scum?

COULD YOU STOP BEING BITTER FOR A SECOND OR TWO

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 30, 2022, 05:05:20 pm »

Tric did say he befriended Jack...ugh why Jack of all people Tric??
I pretty much started to wonder that myself later in the day. All I'll say is targeting a miller seemed like a good way to revive a lot. Then the bit about being immune came up, so.. Yeah, not the best play.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 30, 2022, 05:07:24 pm »

4MASKWOLF, I THINK TRICMAGIC CLAIMED HIS MAGIC ONE SHOT WAS NAMED SACRIFICE.

DOES THE ITEM YOU GOT FROM HIS DEATH SEEM CONSISTENT FLAVORWISE WITH THAT?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 30, 2022, 05:09:09 pm »

My item flavor appears to be based on my own role, not the role of the dead. So, inherently no.

I probably just told you what my role is but c’est la vie.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 30, 2022, 05:09:39 pm »

I will say that the effect of my one-shot item from him is in no way related to sacrficing myself, no.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 30, 2022, 05:10:13 pm »

@Jim: I'm unclear on what is your claimed night action.  I see you are confused as well.  Could you lay out all the information you have from the night phase in one post, so I can actually understand it?

My item flavor appears to be based on my own role, not the role of the dead. So, inherently no.

I probably just told you what my role is but c’est la vie.

Since Tric died in your place, poetic justice?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 30, 2022, 05:14:37 pm »

Pure deflection from Jack here. Not even going to attempt to address the substance, huh.

Also, isn't it a bit weird that a player would claim that he could be the only town tracker and yet also claim being untrackable. Who do you think is going to track you??? Or is it just Max that's claiming there can only be one tracker and you that's claiming there's only one cop? I need to go back and check...

(Also, is it just me or has Roden conveniently disappeared?)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 30, 2022, 05:16:06 pm »

Max perfectly timed that vote shift yesterday.
I want to know who Toony targeted last night though.

CONSIDERING HOW MUCH SCREECHING TRICMAGIC DID ON DAY 1 ABOUT TOONYMAN WIPING HIS AUTOS I DON'T KNOW WHY TRICMAGIC IS INTERESTED IN WHAT TOONYMAN DID DURING NIGHT 1 IF HE KNOWS HE SHOT OFF A ONE SHOT THAT WIPED HIS REVIVING AUTO.

TRICMAGIC BE HONEST NOW,

YOUR ONE SHOT SACRIFICE CLAIM IS FAKE.

@Jim: I'm unclear on what is your claimed night action.  I see you are confused as well.  Could you lay out all the information you have from the night phase in one post, so I can actually understand it?

DURING DAY 1 I CHOSE 4MASKWOLF. WHILE 4MASKWOLF IS ALIVE ALL ACTIONS THAT TARGET ME TARGET HIM INSTEAD, EXCEPT FOR ACTIONS 4MASKWOLF DOES THAT TARGET ME.
DURING NIGHT 1 I CHOSE TO WATCH 4MASKWOLF.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 30, 2022, 05:16:19 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 2 - TricMagic*, EuchreJack*,
EuchreJack - 2 - 4maskwolf*, notquitethere*,
notquitethere - 2 - Jim Groovester*, Roden*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - Maximum Spin*, ToonyMan*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 30, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (2 hours and 43 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75