Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53985 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #660 on: March 30, 2022, 04:38:41 pm »

READ THIS POST
Ah shit, we didn't even bother to look at the end of day 1.  We're all amateur here.
End of Day 1: 4maskwolf swaps onto Vector, then Max swaps onto Vector.  Both in the last 5 minutes of the day.
They could totally have been a mafia team coordinating a vote onto Vector.

I take back my town read of Max.

Thank you.  You can go back to ignoring the 4mask vs. Me posting spam.
Would you like to share with the class who Max and I swung the vote off of?
Toonyman
Correct!

Now, riddle me this. Why would a Mask/Max wolfteam, moving into that game state at EoD, move the elimination from Toonyman, a highly active townie (in this world) who if I remember things correctly had both of us on his shortlist of communist spies in government wolf suspects, and onto Vector, an inactive townie with an inoffensive demonstrated power and whose primary scum suspect appears to be Jim Groovester (another townie in this universe).

Your proposed wolfteam has more holes than Swiss cheese.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 30, 2022, 04:39:09 pm »

I don't see a 4mask-Toony-Max team. Unless I've messed up the night interactions, 4mask was most likely the scum kill.

Max though people only think so town due to the most tenuous and easy-for-mafia-to-fake claims.

Euchre, I'm pretty much just a tracker but even then my role has some additionally weirdness. I don't buy for one moment that your role is just:

[Night] Track: follow someone to see who they target.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 30, 2022, 04:40:13 pm »

Except that your exact argument could work equally well in reverse: why not launch EuchreJack and shoot me in my lying wolf face if he’s town, rather than launching me before shooting Euchre in his lying wolf face? If Jack is a wolf we don’t even know what his real role is because “ascetic tracker” is such obvious bullshit, whereas the details of my role are known and confirmed by Jim
Yep. I guess I didn't post it yet, but I was going to say that the order doesn't really matter to me. If we lynch Jack first and shoot 4mask depending on Jack's flip that's almost the same result. I could have swore I said that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 30, 2022, 04:41:08 pm »

Tricmagic said something that's been bothering the hell out of me.

Pretty sure someone just tried to shoot Jim last night and it wound up getting redirected onto Tricmagic (Jim redirecting the kill onto me and it then being redirected by Toonyman onto Tricmagic). Why?

I ONLY SAW TOONYMAN VISIT TRICMAGIC (BY WATCHING YOU) DURING N1.

IF I'M WATCHING SOMEBODY AND THEY GET REDIRECTED TO THEMSELVES I DON'T KNOW IF I SEE THEM.

FEASIBLY IF TRICMAGIC WAS THE EVENTUAL NIGHT KILL TARGET THEN IT WAS TOONYMAN OR TRICMAGIC WHO DID IT.
It's late here and my grasp of this game having subbed in part way is not as strong as I'd like... but reading Toony's claim, isn't the most likely reason Tric was shot was because someone shot 4mask and it was bussed to Tric? Or is that ruled out by something else?

---

Euchre, you must see that it's highly unlikely that this set up would have a pure cop. Everyone has bizarro roles, no?

Ppe: time to recheck eod...
In all honesty, I haven't a clue what happened last night phase other than Max visited Toonyman and Tric died then revived.
Frankly, anything more than that could incorporate one lie. If I die, look into Jim & Toonyman.  I suspect this sort of confusion is only possible if one of them is scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 30, 2022, 04:42:21 pm »

Euchre, I'm pretty much just a tracker but even then my role has some additionally weirdness. I don't buy for one moment that your role is just:

[Night] Track: follow someone to see who they target.
You forgot [Auto]: Nobody can track you and you read as scum, ha ha ha have fun looking like scum, stupid townie!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 30, 2022, 04:43:22 pm »

IF I'M WATCHING SOMEBODY AND THEY GET REDIRECTED TO THEMSELVES I DON'T KNOW IF I SEE THEM.

SO WEBADICT TELLS ME I DO SEE SOMEBODY GET REDIRECTED BACK TO THEMSELVES.

TUGGING ON THIS A BIT MORE, IF TRICMAGIC WAS THE TARGET OF THE NIGHT KILL THEN THE ONLY PERSON WHO COULD HAVE KILLED TRICMAGIC DURING N1 WOULD HAVE BEEN TOONYMAN.

Does someone want to remind me whether Max or Euchre's claims were in any way confirmed... and why people are sure Tric's revive wasn't a free action? And what's the deal with 4masks argument here?

NEGATIVE.

and why people are sure Tric's revive wasn't a free action?

I DON'T SEE ANYBODY ASSERTING THIS.

It's late here and my grasp of this game having subbed in part way is not as strong as I'd like... but reading Toony's claim, isn't the most likely reason Tric was shot was because someone shot 4mask and it was bussed to Tric? Or is that ruled out by something else?

SO 4MASKWOLF POSTULATES THAT TRICMAGIC WAS THE VICTIM OF THE NIGHT KILL. SO THE ONLY WAY THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED IS IF THE KILLER TARGETED 4MASKWOLF DIRECTLY OR TARGETED ME SINCE I REDIRECTED EVERYTHING TARGETING ME (EXCEPT ACTIONS 4MASKWOLF TARGETED ME WITH) TO 4MASKWOLF, AND THEN TOONYMAN'S BUSSING SWAPPED TRICMAGIC'S AND 4MASKWOLF'S PLACES.

I WAS WATCHING 4MASKWOLF AND BECAUSE OF TOONYMAN'S BUSSING OF 4MASKWOLF AND TRICMAGIC I ENDED UP WATCHING TRICMAGIC. I ONLY SAW TOONYMAN VISIT.

EUCHREJACK/4MASKWOLF SHIT FLINGING

THIS IS A VERY PRODUCTIVE DISCUSSION

I ENJOY READING IT

PLEASE CONTINUE
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 30, 2022, 04:44:59 pm »

It's possible. Jim redirected all actions from himself to 4mask, but that wouldn't have changed anything about my bus driving of 4mask and Tric.

I was actually fairly convinced 4mask was confirmed town until Tric dropped their claim bomb.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 30, 2022, 04:45:47 pm »

You’re forgetting Euchre, Jim. He already claimed to have a ninja-like ability that makes him unnoticeable when acting.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 30, 2022, 04:46:46 pm »

You’re forgetting Euchre, Jim. He already claimed to have a ninja-like ability that makes him unnoticeable when acting.

THAT'S

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 30, 2022, 04:48:09 pm »

THAT'S

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
That’s literally one of the two pillars of why I think Euchre is a wolf, alongside their easily fakeable night action claim (the least supported claim out of anyone, as I understand things).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 30, 2022, 04:48:27 pm »

IF TRICMAGIC WAS THE TARGET OF THE NIGHT KILL THEN THE ONLY PERSON WHO COULD HAVE KILLED TRICMAGIC DURING N1 WOULD HAVE BEEN TOONYMAN.
Which I did not. Does this mean Tric is being truthful about their sacrifice claim?

What if the mafia tried to kill 4mask? Would you see anybody that was redirected from 4mask to Tric?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 30, 2022, 04:49:48 pm »

THAT'S

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I THOUGHT HE CLAIMED ASCETIC. THE REDIRECT WOULDN'T HAVE WORKED ON HIM BUT I SUPPOSE THE BUSSING WOULD HAVE?

What if the mafia tried to kill 4mask? Would you see anybody that was redirected from 4mask to Tric?

I WOULD THINK SO.

IF I CAN SEE SOMEBODY GETTING REDIRECTED TO THEMSELVES I DON'T SEE WHY I WOULDN'T SEE OTHER PLAYERS GETTING REDIRECTED.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 30, 2022, 04:50:49 pm »

I never targeted Jack with the bus drive so I imagine it would still affect him.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 30, 2022, 04:51:12 pm »

How did we end up with 4mask switching arguments to me, then switching to Jack? It's late people, 4mask should have challenged me long before this I think.

Ninja, all of you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 30, 2022, 04:51:30 pm »

THAT'S

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I THOUGHT HE CLAIMED ASCETIC. THE REDIRECT WOULDN'T HAVE WORKED ON HIM BUT I SUPPOSE THE BUSSING WOULD HAVE?

I WOULD THINK SO.

IF I CAN SEE SOMEBODY GETTING REDIRECTED TO THEMSELVES I DON'T SEE WHY I WOULDN'T SEE OTHER PLAYERS GETTING REDIRECTED.
In all fairness, from what I can tell, there is absolutely no way that you can see me. So if I got caught up in that mess, you would not know.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75