Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54190 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #480 on: March 27, 2022, 06:06:07 pm »

Also for what it's worth: I still believe all 3 of The Millers more than 4mask (and Knightwing/NQT).
Fair enough.. I do have a question. 4mask gave a present to Jim, but I don't think Jim said he recieved a present, just that he redirected it to 4mask. I assume you got a message saying your bussing succeeded, so wouldn't I have received it? But I never actually got anything, other than the knife that showed up at the beginning of the days post in thread. And that bits more lore than anything else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 27, 2022, 06:07:42 pm »

Everyone: Which miller do you believe least?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 27, 2022, 06:18:32 pm »

Unvote

Didn't really need all of that, but alright. I thought the crumb was that you targeted a Miller (specifically me) and I was going to consider it a scum claim.

However now it looks like the PoE is just me/NQT/4mask/Jack. I still town read Jack + I know I'm town and can prove it with my Vig shot. Am I right to think voting out one of NQT/4mask and then having me Vig the other wins the game?
Generally pre-vigging one of them makes more sense. At the moment NQT says they tracked you and your active ability blocked it. Unless your vig shot is instead a night kill, in which case it won't clear you.
I mean if two people die at once you'll know I'm a Vig + that'll be the only time I'm vulnerable so I'll flip tonight regardless, as scum really can't afford not to kill me.

We can probably assume one of the millers happens to be lying however. Jim redirects, Jack is just plain unaffectable, and you have an activated hide ability.. And reasoning for not lynching you.

Is there a reason not to lynch you today? The hammerer gets your abilities, but I'm starting to think that's just a lie. Or if it is true it's to counterbalance your strength as mafia.
No it's counter balance to my role since I technically omitted something that I may as well claim now. I also have a 1-shot Doctor, which is why I said town seems to have an obscene amount of power. I was going to use it tonight to cover whoever would be left exposed after everyone else's protection and bus swapping went through, but it doesn't really matter now since my duty at this point is to blast the PoE then die.

One last caveat is that my abilities get stolen no matter how I die, not just if I get hammered. However, they only get them if they're abilities I haven't yet used. I didn't want to claim that last bit for obvious reasons, I don't want to give mafia a Vig shot or my Commuter ability. However, if I die tonight all they'll get is my 1-shot Doc, which does almost nothing in scum hands, so I'm fine with full claiming now.

Flavor for my pick was Havel the Rock from Dark Souls. I'm a Miller because Havel is a hostile enemy, and I get my abilities stolen because thematically I'm dropping loot when I die. My armor is the Commute, my shield is the Doc, and my Dragon's Tooth Hammer is my Vig.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 27, 2022, 06:22:11 pm »

Everyone: Which miller do you believe least?
I town read the other two, but gun to my head I'd say Jim. I just don't believe Web gives town two protection roles who are hard to kill, as well as two redirecting roles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 27, 2022, 06:41:34 pm »

Also for what it's worth: I still believe all 3 of The Millers more than 4mask (and Knightwing/NQT).
Fair enough.. I do have a question. 4mask gave a present to Jim, but I don't think Jim said he recieved a present, just that he redirected it to 4mask. I assume you got a message saying your bussing succeeded, so wouldn't I have received it? But I never actually got anything, other than the knife that showed up at the beginning of the days post in thread. And that bits more lore than anything else.
As far as I'm aware everything I did was successful.

@Roden:
I believe your claim. I also believe Jack and Jim, so.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 27, 2022, 10:23:03 pm »

Jim said he received something, but he's smartly not claiming what it is. I'm not told what priority my giving items "action" is but I assume it outspeeds any disruption just for simplicity's sake. All I know is that the item did leave my possession.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 28, 2022, 01:09:31 am »

I'm getting a little impatient with this Non-voting town.
4maskwolf is my secondary scum pick currently as giving an item does not clear one as scum, it just means it is less likely they did last night's kill.

However, NQT is my top scum pick, as their minimal posting is pinging my scumdar.

@Toonyman & Roden: Why are you not voting either of these players?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 28, 2022, 01:29:03 am »

I'm waiting to see what everyone thinks of the PoE. 4mask not reacting to it at all is pretty bad, and idk why NQT hasn't shown up yet but I'd like to know their thoughts as well.

I'm not voting yet because it doesn't really matter who goes between 4mask and NQT, we yeet one and I'm pancaking the other regardless. There's no need to rush the vote anyway, we need to discuss everything and come up with a plan in case everyone in the PoE somehow flips town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 28, 2022, 01:36:46 am »

Yeah, but you don't want a repeat of Day 1 voting-wise...

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2022, 01:41:29 am »

I don't think that's possible this time, our voting options are a lot more clear today.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 28, 2022, 01:46:52 am »

I don't think that's possible this time, our voting options are a lot more clear today.
Really?
Everyone has differing opinions, and nobody is cleared.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 28, 2022, 02:07:44 am »

Really?
Everyone has differing opinions, and nobody is cleared.
Do you have a problem with anyone's claims or results?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 28, 2022, 02:14:59 am »

Jim said he received something, but he's smartly not claiming what it is. I'm not told what priority my giving items "action" is but I assume it outspeeds any disruption just for simplicity's sake. All I know is that the item did leave my possession.
4maskwolf, I don't buy it, I know for a fact that there is a specific numerical priority for free actions that "outspeed everything else" and I do not believe that you, specifically, have your priorities hidden.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 28, 2022, 02:35:23 am »

I WANT TO CLAIM MY NIGHT 1 RESULTS SINCE I EXPECT THEY SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING BUT I AM CHECKING IN WITH WEBADICT ABOUT SOMETHING FIRST.

IN THE MEANTIME,

Jim did you get my present?

I DID RECEIVE SOMETHING, YES.

Followup I realized I should have added right after I hit post: I'm about to leave the house, but, in case you do irrationally daykill me while I'm away, I think I've left enough hints that people can put together my target last night along with my flip.

I THINK I ALMOST UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE IMPLYING.

So, last night I used my 1-shot to Sacrifice myself and prevent ALL deaths from occurring. Of course, this also strips away my Auto, so I'm now as mortal as anyone else. (This was Priority 1, so couldn't be blocked). So Mafia didn't kill anyone last night as a result of this.

DOES USING THIS ABILITY ALSO KILL YOU?

Anyone else get the feeling the team is Toony/Max?

NAH.

Note: Jim did in fact claim to get something from 4maskwolf.

This does make Jim the most suspicious of the millers.
Roden knows that if only one person dies tonight, his vigilante claim goes out the window, so that is enough town cred for today.
Roden has also committed to targets in a typically vigilante sort of way.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 28, 2022, 04:02:51 am »

I was worried scum could have a Roleblocker and stop my Vig that way, but no one seemed to have an issue with their action last night except NQT, who only failed because I Commuted, so I doubt one exists.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but the town vs mafia power disparity feels very off. I would've expected at least a blocker of some kind, but without one I'm just confused about what exactly they're supposed to do. Does anyone else feel this way?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 75