Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54185 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #465 on: March 27, 2022, 11:32:37 am »

APPARENTLY IT REDIRECTED ALL ACTIONS THAT TARGETED ME TO 4MASKWOLF.
So my auto-wipe that targeted you went to 4mask, but then because I swapped 4mask and Tric I actually ended up auto-wiping Tric anyway.

That's kind of hilarious, good thing they blew their load on N1 anyway.

And the only action that hasn't been claimed is alignment investigation.
Ding ding ding!

Millers don't mean anything without a cop. Max has softed he's our Cop and also Role Cop.  I believe he targeted Jack last night and had their result fail. Which means Jack is telling the truth about that part at least or is in cahoots with Max. I was thinking that the only players that could be our cop now were Max or 4mask, but 4mask isn't so Max is town.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 27, 2022, 12:15:03 pm »

Yay Jim got my present!

And also apparently tried to get me killed on his behalf which I'm quite cross about.

For the record, my only action last night was a free action so I could, in theory, have done something else. But I don't have any actions to use lmao (not technically true but I gave away my only action).

Toony I always nitpick stuff you say, I do it because I love you <3

Actually I do it because you're the player here whose wolf game makes me the most nervous so I'm constantly vigilant around the things you say in thread.
@4maskwolf: I don't believe you.
The roles already mentioned, plus my own, would indicate that you should have more power than that.
So you're either lying Town or lying Mafia.
My role is quite powerful in its own right, but I do lack any form of repeatable night action.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 27, 2022, 01:13:50 pm »

Busy weekend here, but I'll be back to expected posting frequency on Monday if not before. Just briefly:

- Jim, now you have read your power and see I wasn't redirected, do you still question how I could know Roden was untrackable? Roden even confirmed this...

- Roden, I didn't force you to claim, that's absurd. I just find it highly doubtful that we have three untrackable millers. You coming out with the commuter claim is unforced deflection.

With my tinfoil hat on: the site meta has for a long time been that miller claims are believed. I think we've maybe finally got to the point where someone on a mafia team knows this and maybe can coach their team mates into a knock down strategy.

More later...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 27, 2022, 03:36:32 pm »

APPARENTLY IT REDIRECTED ALL ACTIONS THAT TARGETED ME TO 4MASKWOLF.
So my auto-wipe that targeted you went to 4mask, but then because I swapped 4mask and Tric I actually ended up auto-wiping Tric anyway.

That's kind of hilarious, good thing they blew their load on N1 anyway.

And the only action that hasn't been claimed is alignment investigation.
Ding ding ding!

Millers don't mean anything without a cop. Max has softed he's our Cop and also Role Cop.  I believe he targeted Jack last night and had their result fail. Which means Jack is telling the truth about that part at least or is in cahoots with Max. I was thinking that the only players that could be our cop now were Max or 4mask, but 4mask isn't so Max is town.
Uh, no
Max inspected you Toonyman. Made a comment about how you're town unless Godfather.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 27, 2022, 03:37:53 pm »

Saying you got an idea on the who, then voting no lynch?
...I said I had a clear idea who to suspect if nobody claims to have done what ToonyMan claimed to do. So, after ToonyMan claimed to do it, that idea doesn't matter as much, unless I assume ToonyMan is a godfather and made up the bus thing, which I guess is possible, but why would a mafia ToonyMan have agreed to target you?

I don't care what looks bad to you, you know that, right? I'm not answering your questions when I already told someone ELSE that the same questions should be saved for later. I don't owe you anything.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 27, 2022, 03:39:57 pm »

While I currently town-read Toonyman, I feel I need to share this: Toonyman likes to claim Bus Driver when Mafia.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 27, 2022, 03:55:32 pm »

EuchreJack is my favorite player today.

The reason I initially said I felt like I might have wasted my action is because, even before nightfall, it had already occurred to me that this ability to "scrub clean" someone's autos would make thematic sense as part of a role that might also be a godfather — but I wasn't really thinking straight when the time came to submit my night action (I had actually woken up in the middle of the actual night) and forgot that. That is to say, I already distrusted my own result before I got it.

On the other hand, I still don't see why a mafia ToonyMan would make this target choice unless he is also really a bus driver (in which case he might have targeted Jim → 4mask → Tric through his own swap); and if that had actually happened he probably wouldn't have called out the fact that the targeting would work that way when describing how his scrub action went down. Of course it's also possible that eg. ToonyMan is a godfather bus driver who made up the scrub ability or just has all three powers but there's no particular reason to think that those would go together. So I am genuinely leaning town on ToonyMan now, but not particularly far.

Unfortunately, my suspicions aren't leaning particularly far either right now. Not because people aren't being suspicious, but because too many of you are. Still... all right, I guess I might as well claim another major feature of my role, unless someone tells me not to in the next few minutes, maybe.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 27, 2022, 04:04:48 pm »

Maybe don't paint an even bigger bullseye on yourself.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 27, 2022, 04:06:18 pm »

Nah, I beleive you Max. Unvote. So I suppose I'll be doctoring you from now on.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 27, 2022, 05:20:59 pm »

Unvote

Didn't really need all of that, but alright. I thought the crumb was that you targeted a Miller (specifically me) and I was going to consider it a scum claim.

However now it looks like the PoE is just me/NQT/4mask/Jack. I still town read Jack + I know I'm town and can prove it with my Vig shot. Am I right to think voting out one of NQT/4mask and then having me Vig the other wins the game?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 27, 2022, 05:29:46 pm »

Unvote

Didn't really need all of that, but alright. I thought the crumb was that you targeted a Miller (specifically me) and I was going to consider it a scum claim.

However now it looks like the PoE is just me/NQT/4mask/Jack. I still town read Jack + I know I'm town and can prove it with my Vig shot. Am I right to think voting out one of NQT/4mask and then having me Vig the other wins the game?
Generally pre-vigging one of them makes more sense. At the moment NQT says they tracked you and your active ability blocked it. Unless your vig shot is instead a night kill, in which case it won't clear you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 27, 2022, 05:33:13 pm »

We can probably assume one of the millers happens to be lying however. Jim redirects, Jack is just plain unaffectable, and you have an activated hide ability.. And reasoning for not lynching you.

Is there a reason not to lynch you today? The hammerer gets your abilities, but I'm starting to think that's just a lie. Or if it is true it's to counterbalance your strength as mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 27, 2022, 05:52:23 pm »

Max inspected you Toonyman. Made a comment about how you're town unless Godfather.
Oh, I'm dumb.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 27, 2022, 05:56:28 pm »

If you're town I do believe the mafia is in fact just NQT and 4mask.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 27, 2022, 06:00:47 pm »

Also for what it's worth: I still believe all 3 of The Millers more than 4mask (and Knightwing/NQT).
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 75