Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54177 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #435 on: March 26, 2022, 05:48:56 pm »

Also for you Jack. Probably should have added this to the end of notes before posting. Would you also step up to clarify the message linked in my claimant notes?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 26, 2022, 05:52:11 pm »

Quick correction, Toony claimed to bus 4mask, not me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 26, 2022, 05:59:30 pm »

Quick correction, Toony claimed to bus 4mask, not me.
Thanks. Course I missed a Typo.[=quote=TricMagic edited]
------------------------
Maximum Spin - Unknown, Toony knows? Claims targeted someone other than TricMagic, no clue who, what, or why.[While first to claim, that means nothing when all they said was not targeting me.]
{Quote=Here, I'll fullclaim if you do, but let's both save it for later in the day.} Hasn't done so.
{Quote=I have to say, while I don't expect TM would have done this and I thought he was town already anyway, I will never not be paranoid after the time when, in another place, one of our strongest players, as mafia, self-targeted the first round gambling that a doctor would protect him, and succeeded in being "proven town".} Probable set-up against claims that would counteract his own?
TricMagic - Friendship!(Doctor, claims Revival and 1-shot which stripped their auto)
4maskwolf - PRESENT! (Asks Jim if they got it after Max says something weird asking Jim something..)
EuchreJack - Claimed yesterday, aesthetic-ish miller. No night action reported. ?Message thing? Want to clarify Jack?
Jim Groovester - Miller claim day 1(in repsponse to 4mask joke redpeak?) No night claim.
Knightwing64 - NQT- Claims tracking Roden. Roden can't be tracked.
Roden - Immune to actions activated ability.(Commuter-ish) Supposedly a miller with two negative abilities. Last to claim. However, claimed right before my reveal. Would need to be Max/Roden with the start of the day being some quick theater to deal.
ToonyMan - Bus driver, (Auto) auto-wiper off his normal action, and all around toon. Day 1 was still off, and saying to think about who hasn't claimed is simply to throw me off. (Wiped Jim Night 1 while bussing 4mask/TricMagic)
Vector - Vote Count: Jim Groovester, 4maskwolf, Maximum Spin
------------------------

Of notes and ponies,
Roden immediately pushed Max day start.
Jim and Jack are the two without claimed actions. Toony as town would be pushing Jack much harder if he was trying to hint things, as is being mysterious is only a short step from obscuration.
Roden, if Lynched, would normally pass on their abilities to the hammerer. Based on observations, the chances of Roden being Mafia are slim.
... Jim's testimony is kind of important to this case. If you would come to the stand?
Prior to Roden/my reveal, Toony planned to vote NQT and Roden. I'd like to hear their reasoning.
Also for you Jack. Probably should have added this to the end of notes before posting. Would you also step up to clarify the message linked in my claimant notes?
[/quote]

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 26, 2022, 06:00:23 pm »

I don't think we just GG this by just suspecting people who haven't claimed. If all the current claims are town, then town has an obscene amount of power, while also implying that mafia don't have safe claims.

I suspect Max for voting Vector to save Toony at the literal last minute after Jack offered to vote Max with me. Refusing to name his target is also heavily suspicious, since I'm not asking him to claim his role and his target choice shouldn't hint at his role either.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2022, 06:03:15 pm »

*looks up*

Well, close enough. Either way we need Jim's testimony. I'd be fine with the other two while we wait.

Also don't think I didn't notice that deflection MaxSpin. Jim may have asked you to vote, but doing so right at the last second is way too much.

Toony asked me to think about who hasn't claimed. But that really only points fingers at Jim and Jack, our two millers. (3 counting you.) Figuring out what happened last night can lead to tripping mafia up tomorrow, if not today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 26, 2022, 06:13:35 pm »

Prior to Roden/my reveal, Toony planned to vote NQT and Roden. I'd like to hear their reasoning.
Not both, only one. The other should be town. This was also before I learned 4mask isn't confirmed town.

Toony asked me to think about who hasn't claimed. But that really only points fingers at Jim and Jack, our two millers. (3 counting you.) Figuring out what happened last night can lead to tripping mafia up tomorrow, if not today.
No, no Tric. Not who hasn't claimed. What hasn't been claimed?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 26, 2022, 06:18:15 pm »

Not both, only one. The other should be town. This was also before I learned 4mask isn't confirmed town.

No, no Tric. Not who hasn't claimed. What hasn't been claimed?
...That doesn't actually help. But fine, I'll bite. Mind taking me through your thoughts on why NQT/Roden as your likely mafia?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 26, 2022, 06:30:28 pm »

Also don't think I didn't notice that deflection MaxSpin. Jim may have asked you to vote, but doing so right at the last second is way too much.
That's when I was there. If I had been there sooner after the other guys changed, I would have voted sooner. I only noticed I was right under the wire afterward.

I suspect Max for voting Vector to save Toony at the literal last minute
I didn't vote to save Toony. I voted to lynch Vector, which I had already started doing before, remember? I tried to get people to vote Vector before I ever voted ToonyMan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 26, 2022, 09:48:06 pm »

We're not no lynching tonight. If we have a Vig, they'll put us back on odds.

Max, claim who you targeted or die.

Max already did so.  Go back and read.

Followup I realized I should have added right after I hit post: I'm about to leave the house, but, in case you do irrationally daykill me while I'm away, I think I've left enough hints that people can put together my target last night along with my flip.

You're good.

Followup I realized I should have added right after I hit post: I'm about to leave the house, but, in case you do irrationally daykill me while I'm away, I think I've left enough hints that people can put together my target last night along with my flip.
Funny enough I believe I can in fact guess your role and target last night.

So yeah, we're not voting Max today.

+1

Anyone else get the feeling the team is Toony/Max?

At least Tric is reading.  At this point, the only way that either Toony or Max is scum is if they are on the same scum team.

As for me, I'm trying something new.  I am not claiming as the information that I possess is already known.  I could probably bolster some existing information, but until that is needed, why not keep mafia in the dark about what I can do?

I will say that I have two abilities, which seems par for the course based upon what everyone else has said.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 26, 2022, 09:52:38 pm »

Tric, just to make sure I understand your role, you're claiming that if Jack dies, you'll also die? And that he's the only one you can't protect with your Doc ability? If so, why did you tell everyone this...?
Roden, no role fishing disguised as criticism.  This was quite effective in getting Tric to clarify some things that would have better off confused.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 26, 2022, 10:01:23 pm »

To clarify, I am NOT a Death Miller.
I am just a Regular Miller.
But I am also a Ninja/Unblockable, which can be tested.

Also: WTF Web? You promised us Low Power Roles! Yet if mine is anything to go by, I'd say Superpower'd with Weaknesses would be more accurate.

I will say this though: two specific players feel a little off. It's a meta read, and the game still barely just started, so I won't say who they are yet since I don't want to tip them off. If it persists, I'll say who they are before the day ends.
Good call. Although tragedy has struck the House of EJ, so I at least have a marginal excuse.

Hm, not sure what Tric is getting at.

@Roden: Are you buying what 4mask & Toonyman are selling?
I'm not but I don't think both are mafia. It would be funny if it was mafia vs 3P but I don't think it's particularly likely.

Btw to answer the previous question: the two players who are off-meta are Tric and Max. Tric hasn't been playing detective much, and Max is contributing a lot for Day 1, way more than usual, which he's only done one other time when he rolled scum. But with Tric's claim I think he's just town, which just leaves Max. However, Max softed something pro-town, so I'm mixed there.

That was Roden's answer to the question.  I think Roden waited too long to answer his "off meta" remark, and failed to give anything except End of Day suspicion on Max, that almost succeeded in surprise lynching Max.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 26, 2022, 10:04:59 pm »

I WANT TO CLAIM MY NIGHT 1 RESULTS SINCE I EXPECT THEY SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING BUT I AM CHECKING IN WITH WEBADICT ABOUT SOMETHING FIRST.

IN THE MEANTIME,

Jim did you get my present?

I DID RECEIVE SOMETHING, YES.

I THINK I ALMOST UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE IMPLYING.

So, last night I used my 1-shot to Sacrifice myself and prevent ALL deaths from occurring. Of course, this also strips away my Auto, so I'm now as mortal as anyone else. (This was Priority 1, so couldn't be blocked). So Mafia didn't kill anyone last night as a result of this.

DOES USING THIS ABILITY ALSO KILL YOU?

Anyone else get the feeling the team is Toony/Max?

NAH.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 26, 2022, 10:18:31 pm »

Reads List Day 2 Early:
TricMagic: Uh nope, Tric is town.
ToonyMan: Is only scum if Max is scum.  Metawise, is frantically trying to solve, which fits more into their town persona
Maximum Spin: Is only scum if Toonyman is scum? If you are paying attention, following their meta under similar situations
4maskwolf: Towards end of Day 1, I was getting the "Dumb in a way that only Town could be dumb" vibe.  While they were wrong to suspect me, they stuck to it despite more viable options for lynching.  NOT MECHANICALLY CLEARED, due to Tric's reveal. Also confirmed "gave something" to Jim, so would need multi to have done the kill

Jim Groovester: Null. Metawise, I would say that Chicken Groovester is Town Groovester, but that is basically the only reason I'm leaning town. New post changes nothing. Sorry Jim  :'(

Knightwing64/NQT: One post that said nothing by NQT, needs to prove not scum.
Roden: Hey, let us trick Tric into revealing! Also last minute push on Max due to admitted admission by Max of "softed something Pro-Town", with attempts in Day 2 to get Max to confirm this "softed something Pro-Town".  I KNOW Roden KNOWS what I'm talking about.

Knightwing64/NQT: Note, Knightwing posted elsewhere to going into the hospital, so don't use the replacement request against NQT.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 26, 2022, 10:20:32 pm »

So, last night I used my 1-shot to Sacrifice myself and prevent ALL deaths from occurring. Of course, this also strips away my Auto, so I'm now as mortal as anyone else. (This was Priority 1, so couldn't be blocked). So Mafia didn't kill anyone last night as a result of this.
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU CLAIM THIS (the part about losing your auto specifically). I don't even know why you'd do it n1, but then actually claiming it is so much worse. You were the closest thing available to confirmed town, and everyone would have assumed you couldn't be killed after it was visibly demonstrated.

Oh right, because you said:
Town doesn't have a reason to save their result till later
and apparently you really believe that's true.

Soooo.. MAx. Good buddy, pal, compadre. Why did you vote Vector last second?
Sure, I'll answer this one: because I told Jim I would.

TricMagic: Did you temporarily die because of that action specifically?

Having Town working off faulty info is far far worse. Having Toony redirect a kill into the doctor is far far worse. Being confirmed town when there is clearly a break in logic is far far far far worse on later days. Cause by that point the damage is already done.

As is, now toony A: Knows I'm no longer immune to death, and B: can bus me around. This is just icing though, I wanted claims to be made so this reveal could pick apart the real inconsistency. And as you having claimed despite repeated proddings? Not even a target last night, not a peep.

Last..
everyone would have assumed you couldn't be killed after it was visibly demonstrated.
This is untrue. All townies would know I couldn't be killed. Or third parties if they exist. Mafia knows something is up unless they targeted 4mask. Giving them the information advantage AND a town befuddled with a false night report.

I mean, you could claim? Unvote for now.

@Tric: You need to put your "Unvote" in RED, otherwise Web might not count it.  Reminder because I think you should Unvote Max.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 26, 2022, 10:32:59 pm »

That's when I was there. If I had been there sooner after the other guys changed, I would have voted sooner. I only noticed I was right under the wire afterward.

I suspect Max for voting Vector to save Toony at the literal last minute
I didn't vote to save Toony. I voted to lynch Vector, which I had already started doing before, remember? I tried to get people to vote Vector before I ever voted ToonyMan.
Nah, I don't buy that.

Vote Count revamped again! Highest vote counts are on top! Wondering if top should be bolded, so for now it is.

Vote Count
------------------------
Jim Groovester - 2 - Vector*,
ToonyMan - 2 - TricMagic*, EuchreJack*,
Vector - 2 - Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*,

4maskwolf - 1 - ToonyMan*,
EuchreJack - 1 - 4maskwolf*,
Knightwing64 - 1 - Roden*,
Roden - 1 - Knightwing64*,
Maximum Spin - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 24, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (2 hours and 23 minutes remaining.)

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 2 - ToonyMan*, EuchreJack*,
Vector - 2 - Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*,

EuchreJack - 1 - 4maskwolf*,
ToonyMan - 1 - TricMagic*,
Maximum Spin - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 24, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (1 hours and 0 minutes remaining.)

Vector was one of the leading wagons for awhile. And during this time you only wanted to vote them because of their double vote, not because you thought they were mafia.

Sure, okay, let's bandwagon this thing, might as well. ToonyMan

As long as I get to lynch somebody.
Once you see it isn't going through, you swap over to Toony. You don't really give a reason for it besides just wanting to lynch anyone you can.

Vector
Vote Count
------------------------
ToonyMan - 3 - TricMagic*, EuchreJack*, Maximum Spin*,
Vector - 2 - Jim Groovester*, 4maskwolf*,
4maskwolf - 1 - ToonyMan*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 24, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (0 hours and 3 minutes remaining.)

Toony is now the leading wagon. You're going to get exactly what you said you wanted. But then 4mask votes Vector, putting them one vote behind Toony.

Btw to answer the previous question: the two players who are off-meta are Tric and Max. Tric hasn't been playing detective much, and Max is contributing a lot for Day 1, way more than usual,
I am?
However, Max softed something pro-town, so I'm mixed there.
I did???

I legitimately don't remember doing that, could you remind me when? I thought I'd been keeping pretty close-vested this time.

Vector
Even though you're supposedly fine with voting out Toony, you still swap back to Vector and don't give anyone enough time to react. But even though your "preferred" elim went through and flipped town, you haven't done anything to reevaluate.

From your point of view, if you're town then you should have reason to believe 4mask baited you into hammering Vector. You were notably tunneled on them, scum would've seen it. But instead, you've tried to shut down discussion and got mad at me when I inferred that 4mask is suspicious. You should be interrogating him, hounding him down for answers, but you're not really doing anything. Why?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75