Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54242 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #420 on: March 26, 2022, 03:51:01 pm »

Tric, just to make sure I understand your role, you're claiming that if Jack dies, you'll also die? And that he's the only one you can't protect with your Doc ability? If so, why did you tell everyone this...?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 26, 2022, 03:51:58 pm »

We're not no lynching tonight. If we have a Vig, they'll put us back on odds.

Max, claim who you targeted or die.
I didn't see this. Are you softclaiming vig? Because that won't make me answer you, it'll just make me really disappointed in you.
Ok then, if you want to game throw that isn't on me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 26, 2022, 03:53:27 pm »

Followup I realized I should have added right after I hit post: I'm about to leave the house, but, in case you do irrationally daykill me while I'm away, I think I've left enough hints that people can put together my target last night along with my flip.
Funny enough I believe I can in fact guess your role and target last night.

So yeah, we're not voting Max today.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2022, 03:55:35 pm »

@Tric:
I don't mind you using your sacrifice to stop anyone from dying last night (even if it makes me look way less cool), but you're revealing critical points about your role FOR NO REASON.

I'm honestly more worried about being believed than holding info. And my doctor ability is still perfectly active.
I could false-claim that I lost my doctor ability but remained unkillable, but... That sounds like a stretch to me, given I would have just made myself a normal townie that happens to revive. And me befriending Jack doesn't matter anymore does it? Unless I'm lying, but eh. Though in that case I'd lie about who I befriended. WIFOM.

End of the day I'm far more concerned in making sure town has all the info to catch the Lying party.

Followup I realized I should have added right after I hit post: I'm about to leave the house, but, in case you do irrationally daykill me while I'm away, I think I've left enough hints that people can put together my target last night along with my flip.

You're not exactly off the hook either Toony. Claiming a double ability could very well just be a mafia cover to hide the fact mafia got blocked. A gutsy one, but not completely unexpected.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2022, 03:56:42 pm »

Tric, just to make sure I understand your role, you're claiming that if Jack dies, you'll also die? And that he's the only one you can't protect with your Doc ability? If so, why did you tell everyone this...?
If Jack dies, I would lose my revivial. As I lost my auto already, that's no longer an issue. I wouldn't actually die after he did, just become mortal.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2022, 03:58:03 pm »

Yeah Tric is correct, claiming he befriended Jack doesn't matter now since he removed his auto himself with the sacrifice thing.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2022, 04:00:05 pm »

If Jack dies, I would lose my revivial. As I lost my auto already, that's no longer an issue. I wouldn't actually die after he did, just become mortal.
Oh, ok that's a lot less devastating then.

Also @Toony: I can't die but I'm also immune to all actions. So in case you were wondering, no, bus swapping me with the suspected kill target won't work.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2022, 04:03:33 pm »

Also @Toony: I can't die but I'm also immune to all actions. So in case you were wondering, no, bus swapping me with the suspected kill target won't work.
I will most likely swap Tric with another player and hope Tric can guess the mafia kill himself, but I make no hard-claims what I'll be doing tonight.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2022, 04:06:18 pm »

The problem with me swapping Tric with someone is that if I do that and mafia just try to kill Tric then the other player will die and doctor's can't typically self-protect so it's a guaranteed kill, not very bueno.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2022, 04:09:26 pm »

We'll basically playing Russian Roulette. Only targets of real opportunity is the miller trio. And Mafia would want that confusion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2022, 04:12:56 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Maximum Spin - 2 - Roden*, TricMagic*,
4maskwolf - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 1 - Maximum Spin*,

Not Voting - 5 - 4maskwolf, EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, ToonyMan,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 30, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~99 hours remaining).

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2022, 04:22:58 pm »

The problem with me swapping Tric with someone is that if I do that and mafia just try to kill Tric then the other player will die and doctor's can't typically self-protect so it's a guaranteed kill, not very bueno.
Try to swap Tric with mafia.

Okay. I knew I could count on you to pick it up.
I also have the ability to do the other thing that's like the part you should have guessed but with another word in front. There are a couple more wrinkles but nothing worth describing yet.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2022, 04:25:45 pm »

Anyone else get the feeling the team is Toony/Max?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2022, 04:31:56 pm »

Try to swap Tric with mafia.
You're right, that gives mafia a huge risk if they try to kill Tric.

Anyone else get the feeling the team is Toony/Max?
Tric, use your brain for a second. Think about the setup. Think about what players have claimed. Think about what players have not claimed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 26, 2022, 05:47:06 pm »

------------------------
Maximum Spin - Unknown, Toony knows? Claims targeted someone other than TricMagic, no clue who, what, or why.[While first to claim, that means nothing when all they said was not targeting me.]
{Quote=Here, I'll fullclaim if you do, but let's both save it for later in the day.} Hasn't done so.
{Quote=I have to say, while I don't expect TM would have done this and I thought he was town already anyway, I will never not be paranoid after the time when, in another place, one of our strongest players, as mafia, self-targeted the first round gambling that a doctor would protect him, and succeeded in being "proven town".} Probable set-up against claims that would counteract his own?
TricMagic - Friendship!(Doctor, claims Revival and 1-shot which stripped their auto)
4maskwolf - PRESENT! (Asks Jim if they got it after Max says something weird asking Jim something..)
EuchreJack - Claimed yesterday, aesthetic-ish miller. No night action reported. ?Message thing? Want to clarify Jack?
Jim Groovester - Miller claim day 1(in repsponse to 4mask joke redpeak?) No night claim.
Knightwing64 - NQT- Claims tracking Roden. Roden can't be tracked.
Roden - Immune to actions activated ability.(Commuter-ish) Supposedly a miller with two negative abilities. Last to claim. However, claimed right before my reveal. Would need to be Max/Roden with the start of the day being some quick theater to deal.
ToonyMan - Bus driver, (Auto) auto-wiper off his normal action, and all around toon. Day 1 was still off, and saying to think about who hasn't claimed is simply to throw me off. (Wiped Jim Night 1 while bussing Roden/TricMagic)
Vector - Vote Count: Jim Groovester, 4maskwolf, Maximum Spin
------------------------

Of notes and ponies,
Roden immediately pushed Max day start.
Jim and Jack are the two without claimed actions. Toony as town would be pushing Jack much harder if he was trying to hint things, as is being mysterious is only a short step from obscuration.
Roden, if Lynched, would normally pass on their abilities to the hammerer. Based on observations, the chances of Roden being Mafia are slim.
... Jim's testimony is kind of important to this case. If you would come to the stand?
Prior to Roden/my reveal, Toony planned to vote NQT and Roden. I'd like to hear their reasoning.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75