Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54205 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #405 on: March 26, 2022, 03:17:50 pm »

Saying you got an idea on the who, then voting no lynch?
...I said I had a clear idea who to suspect if nobody claims to have done what ToonyMan claimed to do. So, after ToonyMan claimed to do it, that idea doesn't matter as much, unless I assume ToonyMan is a godfather and made up the bus thing, which I guess is possible, but why would a mafia ToonyMan have agreed to target you?

I don't care what looks bad to you, you know that, right? I'm not answering your questions when I already told someone ELSE that the same questions should be saved for later. I don't owe you anything.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 26, 2022, 03:21:01 pm »

Don't worry Max, I'm voting Roden or NQT today because one of them is mafia.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 26, 2022, 03:26:41 pm »

Hey gang. I'm NQT and I have replaced Knightwing. Just catching up with things.

I tracked Roden last night and he is apparently untrackable. Euchrejack also claimed to be untrackable but Roden only claimed Miller. Maybe we really do have three untrackable millers... but it would be simpler to believe that there's a mafia member among the claimants.

Trying to make sense of the EOD. This spread never finds scum:

Vote Count
------------------------
Vector - 3 - Jim Groovester*, 4maskwolf*, Maximum Spin*,
Jim Groovester - 2 - Vector*,
ToonyMan - 2 - TricMagic*, EuchreJack*,
4maskwolf - 1 - ToonyMan*,
Knightwing64 - 1 - Roden*,
Roden - 1 - Knightwing64*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

So what do we see? Town!Vector was lynched with a minority vote while the rest of the votes were smattered about.  How did it get here? This is what it was like a day before:

Vote count program has been updated to account for WHEN a player was voted! Votes are now ordered chronologically (Non-voters are still sorted alphabetically.)!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 1 - Roden*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - ToonyMan*,
Roden - 3 - Vector*, Knightwing64*,
ToonyMan - 1 - TricMagic*,
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 2 - Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*,
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - 4maskwolf*, EuchreJack*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 24, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~28 hours remaining).

What jumps out? Roden parked a vote that was going nowhere for the whole end 28 hours+ of the day. Roden, why were you content to sit on a vote that was doing nothing? Toonyman, where you just pleased you narrowly avoided being launched or...?

I'm probably missing a bunch of stuff, despite something of a read back. These BYOR games are always hypercomplex. What do people think are the standout points so far?
Why would you claim that when I'm trying to get results out of Max...

I'm a Commuter, I didn't claim that yesterday for obvious reasons. Though in addition to the obvious, I was paranoid that if Toony was scum that there was a good chance I'd die, so I wanted to catch him off guard. I also wanted to see in general who'd claim to have targeted me and see if their results didn't add up.

Though I guess, technically I'm not exactly a Commuter. I don't leave the game for the night, I'm basically just invulnerable unless I put my guard down. I have a 1-shot ability, but I'm saving it until we have less people.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 26, 2022, 03:28:04 pm »

Saying you got an idea on the who, then voting no lynch?
...I said I had a clear idea who to suspect if nobody claims to have done what ToonyMan claimed to do. So, after ToonyMan claimed to do it, that idea doesn't matter as much, unless I assume ToonyMan is a godfather and made up the bus thing, which I guess is possible, but why would a mafia ToonyMan have agreed to target you?

I don't care what looks bad to you, you know that, right? I'm not answering your questions when I already told someone ELSE that the same questions should be saved for later. I don't owe you anything.
Tch. Was hoping to catch you more firmly, given we have no idea who you targeted. Town doesn't have a reason to save their result till later unless it's actually important, so you had better have a hell of an ace.
Mafia on the other hand has EVERY reason not to claim, because they know what happened last night.

So, last night I used my 1-shot to Sacrifice myself and prevent ALL deaths from occurring. Of course, this also strips away my Auto, so I'm now as mortal as anyone else. (This was Priority 1, so couldn't be blocked). So Mafia didn't kill anyone last night as a result of this.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 26, 2022, 03:29:19 pm »

Soooo.. MAx. Good buddy, pal, compadre. Why did you vote Vector last second?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 26, 2022, 03:29:37 pm »

We're not no lynching tonight. If we have a Vig, they'll put us back on odds.

Max, claim who you targeted or die.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 26, 2022, 03:30:42 pm »

I should point out I'm able to use two actions at night so it wouldn't surprise me if mafia could as well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 26, 2022, 03:32:24 pm »

So, last night I used my 1-shot to Sacrifice myself and prevent ALL deaths from occurring. Of course, this also strips away my Auto, so I'm now as mortal as anyone else. (This was Priority 1, so couldn't be blocked). So Mafia didn't kill anyone last night as a result of this.
What

Okay, so I have no idea who mafia tried to kill anymore and 4mask isn't confirmed town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 26, 2022, 03:33:45 pm »

On the plus side, Tric is 99% town or absolutely insane.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2022, 03:35:35 pm »

Don't worry Max, I'm voting Roden or NQT today because one of them is mafia.
Well, those are my top picks; I just figured people usually wouldn't vote out a sub-in right away.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU CLAIM THIS (the part about losing your auto specifically). I don't even know why you'd do it n1, but then actually claiming it is so much worse. You were the closest thing available to confirmed town, and everyone would have assumed you couldn't be killed after it was visibly demonstrated.

Oh right, because you said:
Town doesn't have a reason to save their result till later
and apparently you really believe that's true.

Sure, I'll answer this one: because I told Jim I would.

TricMagic: Did you temporarily die because of that action specifically?

On the plus side, Tric is 99% town or absolutely insane.
"or"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2022, 03:40:24 pm »

What

Okay, so I have no idea who mafia tried to kill anymore and 4mask isn't confirmed town.
Pretty much. I was more worring about town going with false information, we already know 4mask likely targeted Jim.
Jim did you get my present?

Meanwhile, the post right before.
Sometimes I do this thing where I refer obliquely to deducible information because I want to make sure at least a few people will notice it, while leaving open the possibility that the mafia might miss or misunderstand it and fail to take it into account.

Jim, be honest with me, I shouldn't even bother, right? Just like last time, someone always misses the memo and tries to give the answer.

.... Bit odd, but eh. We know 4mask didn't do the kill if Jim speaks up about the present. Jim was also dead-on about no-one trying to kill me last night.

NQT tracked Roden last night apparently. And Roden would need to be Mafia with NQT for that to have worked, or they didn't make a kill at all.

You claimed Bus+Eraser. ... Need more thought into this, but at least town is now working with plenty of info, and I'm still able to doctor.

Of note, I Befreinded Jack Day 1. Given him being immune to my doctoring, figured it would be better to spend the 1-shot when Max made his play end of day.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2022, 03:44:16 pm »

We're not no lynching tonight. If we have a Vig, they'll put us back on odds.

Max, claim who you targeted or die.
I didn't see this. Are you softclaiming vig? Because that won't make me answer you, it'll just make me really disappointed in you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2022, 03:45:55 pm »

@Tric:
I don't mind you using your sacrifice to stop anyone from dying last night (even if it makes me look way less cool), but you're revealing critical points about your role FOR NO REASON.

We know 4mask didn't do the kill if Jim speaks up about the present.
This isn't true. I am confirming that doing two actions at night is possible.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 26, 2022, 03:47:00 pm »

Followup I realized I should have added right after I hit post: I'm about to leave the house, but, in case you do irrationally daykill me while I'm away, I think I've left enough hints that people can put together my target last night along with my flip.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2022, 03:48:43 pm »

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU CLAIM THIS (the part about losing your auto specifically). I don't even know why you'd do it n1, but then actually claiming it is so much worse. You were the closest thing available to confirmed town, and everyone would have assumed you couldn't be killed after it was visibly demonstrated.

Oh right, because you said:
Town doesn't have a reason to save their result till later
and apparently you really believe that's true.

Sure, I'll answer this one: because I told Jim I would.

TricMagic: Did you temporarily die because of that action specifically?

Having Town working off faulty info is far far worse. Having Toony redirect a kill into the doctor is far far worse. Being confirmed town when there is clearly a break in logic is far far far far worse on later days. Cause by that point the damage is already done.

As is, now toony A: Knows I'm no longer immune to death, and B: can bus me around. This is just icing though, I wanted claims to be made so this reveal could pick apart the real inconsistency. And as you having claimed despite repeated proddings? Not even a target last night, not a peep.

Last..
everyone would have assumed you couldn't be killed after it was visibly demonstrated.
This is untrue. All townies would know I couldn't be killed. Or third parties if they exist. Mafia knows something is up unless they targeted 4mask. Giving them the information advantage AND a town befuddled with a false night report.

Followup I realized I should have added right after I hit post: I'm about to leave the house, but, in case you do irrationally daykill me while I'm away, I think I've left enough hints that people can put together my target last night along with my flip.
I mean, you could claim? Unvote for now.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75