Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53954 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 1: Murder Most Foul [9 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2022, 02:41:27 am »

Hope this post works out.  I'm using all my forum magic to see if I can do this...
The wolf team is Jim and Toony, everyone vote them kthnxbye.
I assume that it is just your crazy mafiascum.net style to accuse Jim without Jim even posting.
I find this offensive, as I can usually read Jim pretty well.
So 4maskwolf

WHAT EVEN.

WHY IS YOUR ABILITY TO READ ME A FACTOR IN YOUR VOTE OF 4MASKWOLF WHEN I HAVEN'T EVEN SHOWN UP YET?

EUCHREJACK, PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

4maskwolf was voting you without your being present.  You are notoriously easy to read, not only by myself but by others.  Thus, voting you prior to your posting is suspicious, since you are likely to out yourself as town once you post.  You might even out yourself as scum.  It is further suspicious because planting the idea of you being scum prior to your posting makes it easier to argue that you are scum after you post.

I was going to vote Tric for their first post, but I'm still kind of 50/50.

To note, I like how Knightwing spelt Jack's name incorrectly the same way as Tric right after though, collusion??
WTF!?
...the significant more likely story is that Knightwing just copied Tric's spelling of my name.  Knightwing picked up on it first.
Posts like that get you scum points.  It's too playful/confusing for Town!Toonyman.

I DON'T THINK TOONYMAN WAS BEING SERIOUS AND I DON'T THINK YOU ARE DENSE ENOUGH TO THINK HE WAS.

I actually WAS Dense Enough to believe Toonyman was serious.  I guess I'll just take the complement and move on?

FOS Toonyman, although I typically can't read Toonyman until Day 2 at the earliest.

A FOS IS BIZARRE AND ARCHAIC AND I CAN'T RECALL YOU EVER USING ONE BEFORE.

Huh? I probably use a FOS in like half of my games.  I would hardly call it "bizarre and archaic", unless I were to also call your playing a mafia game "bizarre and archaic".  They happen about as often?

Hm, at least Jim has convinced me Tric is Town Vigilante.

IF YOU BELIEVED THIS WHY SAY IT PUBLICLY?

Primarily because it points as Tric as Town.  Since Tric tends to play horribly, he needs all the help he can get if a Green Check.  At the time, I was mainly concerned purely with Tric being cleared as Town so I would have one less suspect.  However, as I later pointed out, Tric is commonly known to be rather unpredictable and inaccurate. Tric by his own admission in the Revolution III game is not to be trusted with a gun.  So it is a bit of a public service announcement to be warned that Tric might be a townie with a gun, plus a plea with Tric to keep it hidden.  Plausable deniability.  Really, you should be trying to talk Tric into using his Gun responsibly, if he has one. Why aren't you doing that?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2022, 02:45:56 am »

At this point, I'm inclined to believe one of Jim or Roden's miller claims is fake.  As I've seen in other games, three of anything typically means one is scum.
Hm, now is it Jim's pressure on me, or Roden's low profile? Jim's a power wolf whereas Roden is a scummarine.*

*A scummarine is a scum submarine, or mostly lurker who comes up occasionally to torpedo town.  I just made it up, so thought I should explain.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2022, 02:54:47 am »

I disagree. If one of you three is mafia then it's you Jack. Jim or Roden wouldn't claim miller like they did. I believe both of them.

Look elsewhere.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2022, 03:09:28 am »

I LIKE THIS OBSERVATION A LOT AND YOU FOR MAKING IT EVEN IF I DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR CONCLUSION ABOUT RODEN.
Which conclusion? I clearly expressed ambivalence. Do you disagree that he is mafia or that he is not mafia?

OKAY, BUT WHY?
For the same reason I vote for anyone: because I want to see what happens if he dies.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2022, 03:10:21 am »

Reads List!
(REMEMBER: No RED Text except to Vote!!!)

TricMagic: Mafia!Tric wouldn't be threatening to kill people.  Seriously, just town read and move on with your life.
Knightwing64: Only seen once as scum, but in that game was obviously scum (Kill Webadict as The Webadict).  Talked more to cover up obvious scum status, so I would expect Knightwing64 to cover for being mafia by talking more than we've seen in this game. Yes, it is purely hypothetical at this point.
ToonyMan: Will give a minor town lean due to the rather natural way that their vote happened on me, and possibly easier targets being bypassed by Toonyman as they switched onto me.  They were going after 4maskwolf, saw my FOS and jumped onto me, then has gone back to suspecting 4maskwolf after we both stopped voting each other.

Vector: Posting exactly as much as Vector posts at this point regardless of alignment. Null Read.
Maximum Spin: Same as Vector, can't read Day 1.
Jim Groovester: Null read because Toonyman says wouldn't claim miller like this.  Since Toonyman probably has seen Jim claim miller, and I haven't, defer to Toonyman.
Roden: Null read because Toonyman says wouldn't claim miller like this. However, this one I may be able to follow up on, so only temporary deferral to Toonyman.
4maskwolf: I was going to say inspect, shoot, or lynch, but since Toonyman says not Jim or Roden, put 4maskwolf on the lynch block.
Admittedly sheeping Jim & Toonyman on this one, need to investigate further myself.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2022, 03:19:20 am »

4maskwolf was voting you without your being present.  You are notoriously easy to read, not only by myself but by others.  Thus, voting you prior to your posting is suspicious, since you are likely to out yourself as town once you post.  You might even out yourself as scum.  It is further suspicious because planting the idea of you being scum prior to your posting makes it easier to argue that you are scum after you post.

WHY WOULD YOU BE DENSE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT 4MASKWOLF WAS BEING SERIO-

I actually WAS Dense Enough

*sigh*

Primarily because it points as Tric as Town.  Since Tric tends to play horribly, he needs all the help he can get if a Green Check.  At the time, I was mainly concerned purely with Tric being cleared as Town so I would have one less suspect.  However, as I later pointed out, Tric is commonly known to be rather unpredictable and inaccurate. Tric by his own admission in the Revolution III game is not to be trusted with a gun.  So it is a bit of a public service announcement to be warned that Tric might be a townie with a gun, plus a plea with Tric to keep it hidden.  Plausable deniability.  Really, you should be trying to talk Tric into using his Gun responsibly, if he has one. Why aren't you doing that?

IF YOU BELIEVED SOMEBODY WAS A VIGILANTE WHY WOULD YOU ANNOUNCE IT PUBLICLY SO THE SCUM TEAM ALSO KNEW ABOU-

*sigh*

I'M GOING TO UNVOTE FOR NOW SINCE I'M HAVING AN INCREASINGLY HARD TIME BELIEVING THE STREAM OF NONSENSE COMING FROM EUCHREJACK COULD BE DISINGENUOUS SCUM PLAY.

I'M GOING TO BED.

I LIKE THIS OBSERVATION A LOT AND YOU FOR MAKING IT EVEN IF I DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR CONCLUSION ABOUT RODEN.
Which conclusion? I clearly expressed ambivalence. Do you disagree that he is mafia or that he is not mafia?

I READ HIM AS TOWNISH.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2022, 03:28:07 am »

Having slayed the mighty Jim Groovester, I shall name thee Townish.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2022, 08:14:12 am »

I’m not sure I appreciate what Jim is implying about me. What do mean by me being me? I am a very trustable and likable person.

I will have you know that I am called by many people “so annoying that it’s endearing”

Wait, what were we talking about again?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2022, 10:35:53 am »

Well, that's something I guess. How am I so bad about setup for day 2?

4mask, what's your opinions on the current roles? I note you are tending to ignore things that are too far out?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2022, 10:49:05 am »

4maskwolf. Why is Jack ignoring anything I say about you?
Cute. You know what my answer to this question is.

WHY WOULD YOU BE DENSE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT 4MASKWOLF WAS BEING SERIO-

*sigh*
That's the entire reason I did it lmao, this game is full of people who would unironically believe that vote and it gives me good info.

Hm, I think my problem with 4maskwolf is the lack of hunting. They stopped voting me primarily to get me to stop voting them.
Notice the mud getting slung onto Toonyman without actually attacking Toonyman. Note Tric took the bait...
@4maskwolf: Who do you think is scum? Why?
Of course this is the downside of people not understanding the game, they have no idea what I've been doing all game.

EuchreJack, lemme real quick walk you through what I did this game. My first post was a quintessential bait post. Hilariously, one that I later realized was basically identical to what Toony had posted just before me. About half the game had good odds of believing that I believed my ridiculous claim (no mod is going to give an N0 wolfpeek in a 9-player game lmao). Once I got some responses I then posted an initial impressions list with pretty much every active player. I townread you because I legitimately townread you: first to claim miller is a good look, and I didn't think w!Euchre responds the way you did to my whackadoo opening.

Not every person who provides a townread on you is a bad actor, we're incentivized to build trust among our ranks and find other townies so we can narrow the pool of scum suspects.

You can determine my wolf list from my posts, it's really not that hard. Tric, Knight, Max, with no given read on Toony and Vector. Vector is basically unreadable to me at this point (minimal meta + only one post) and Toony is [REDACTED] [CENSORED] [YOU ARE NOT CLEARED TO READ THIS] but there's a reason I needled Toony with a veiled accusation to get a response out of him. That response also goes for Jim Groovester, who had opinions there.

I'll cop to being lazy about following up though, finals week was last week so I've basically been sleeping 20 hours a day to recover lmao.

Well, that's something I guess. How am I so bad about setup for day 2?

4mask, what's your opinions on the current roles? I note you are tending to ignore things that are too far out?
No.

Even if I thought you were town I'm unlikely to answer this question, there's no value for town in running roleclaim analyses right now beyond the miller claims. It literally just feeds more information to the wolves and without flips we only have our own role to go off of.

For everyone who's not paying attention, Tricmagic is hopping bandwagons whenever somebody makes accusations and pushing the wolf agenda in thread. Kill it with fire.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2022, 01:42:02 pm »

Kill it with fire.
I agree with this, someone shoot me. See what happens. The answer is interesting.
I don't know why you think it a wolf agenda when today for me is literally setup for Day 2 roleclaiming.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2022, 01:43:08 pm »

... To note, even if I am third-party, that doesn't actually help find mafia. So push off with you claiming me to be a wolf, that just isn't the case.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2022, 01:49:55 pm »

... To note, even if I am third-party, that doesn't actually help find mafia. So push off with you claiming me to be a wolf, that just isn't the case.
WTF!?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2022, 01:52:32 pm »

Tric is probably town and we aren't fucking hammering Toony.

Nice OMGUS Roden, proud of ya. It's clear the forum raised you right.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75