Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53876 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 3: Jim Grooves Outta Here [6 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #840 on: April 01, 2022, 10:06:18 am »

Looks at NQT. What did you do last night NQT?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 01, 2022, 10:07:11 am »

Lmao Max, I went into the day saying I'd performed the kill on Jim but not by my own choice, someone has the power to force others to take actions.
You were serious about that? With all the shit you say it's hard to tell, okay.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 01, 2022, 10:07:36 am »

Lmao Max, I went into the day saying I'd performed the kill on Jim but not by my own choice, someone has the power to force others to take actions.
I don't just randomly say shit like that on D3 lmao.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 01, 2022, 10:09:51 am »

How could I possibly know that?! I didn't think there was a timer involved, I just thought "clearly 4maskwolf has a pattern of saying weird nonsense".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 01, 2022, 10:10:39 am »

How could I possibly know that?! I didn't think there was a timer involved, I just thought "clearly 4maskwolf has a pattern of saying weird nonsense".
Wow.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 01, 2022, 10:57:01 am »

Claim Time

I'm pretty much just a tracker but even then my role has some additionally weirdness.
Max, this is exactly what I'm saying. This "the other cop would counter claim" business is nonsense. Anyway what with Roden, Euchre and Tric's shenanigans, I've moved back into thinking you're more likely town.
It's not nonsense, literally no other person has claimed to be any kind of cop, which should suggest to you that nobody else is any kind of cop.
Max,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm mostly a tracker but I'm also a pseudo-cop. When I track someone, I learn their target(s), but I can also learn if they or any of their targets or anyone that targeted them is scum but not which one or how many or who might have targeted them. It's flavoured like there are good or bad "psychic vibes" about the target.

Given the hidden element and the profusion of millers and untrackable players, it's likely the role was designed to trick knightwing into making over-confident pronouncements. This more complex power was why I was sceptical about Euchre's tracking claim.

N1 I tracked Roden but it failed because he's untrackable.
N2 I tracked 4mask. 4mask targeted Jim. There was scum between them and any targetter of 4mask.

I knew there was no point tracking Roden again (untrackable), Jim (he'd apparently redirect me to 4mask), Toony (more or less clear), Max was most likely town at this stage, so that left Tric (suspicious, but everyone else seems to think obvtown) and 4mask, who was #2 lynch pick. So the obvious choice was to go with 4mask.

Anyway the cop part didn't do anything useful, as we already know Jim was a miller. But it does confirm that 4mask targeted Jim.

Roden, what happened with that vig power??? Very curious that you don't even mention it in your first posts.

4mask, happy birthday! What was your intended action if you were hypnotised into killing Jim?

Max, do you think scum!4mask would be stupid enough to kill Jim when everyone knows he's the only person who can target Jim, and also Jim was one of the few players actively calling 4mask town?

Also, I can't really have done the kill without some trick, as I protected 4mask last night.

It's obvious to me that the team must be TricMagic/Roden:

Tric 'protects' 4mask, after Roden had claimed to want to vig 4mask. So they set up their alibis early. Tric hypnotises ("power of friendship") 4mask into performing the kill. Jim was picked as the target because everyone knows only 4mask can kill Jim. And also Jim had expressed doubt about Tric's clam (the implausibility of "sacrifice").

Either that, or a scum!4mask just straight up shot Jim (why??) while his scum partner Tric doctored him, anticipating a shot from the vig. In either of these scenarios, Tric is scum. POE: Tric, Roden, 4mask.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 01, 2022, 11:04:21 am »

Oh so it's 4mask and NQT, that was easy.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 01, 2022, 11:04:53 am »

Oh so it's 4mask and NQT, that was easy.
Going to share your thoughts with the rest of the class?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 01, 2022, 11:07:24 am »

It's safe for us to no lynch most likely. I think that's probably the correct choice to be cautious.

I'll need to ask Webadict a question after Roden claims what they did last night.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 01, 2022, 11:18:04 am »

Max, do you think scum!4mask would be stupid enough to kill Jim when everyone knows he's the only person who can target Jim, and also Jim was one of the few players actively calling 4mask town?
Yes. I have literally used "come on, I wouldn't be dumb enough to try that!" as an alibi before.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 01, 2022, 11:24:41 am »

Yes. I have literally used "come on, I wouldn't be dumb enough to try that!" as an alibi before.
OK, refuge in stupidity is absolutely a strategy, I'm just not sure it's the most likely.

What do you think of:
1. Toony's crypticness?
2. Roden's reticence to speak about the think he'd bigged up doing all of D2?
3. TricMagic protecting 4mask of all people?

(Also, I have to laugh, Roden was so insistent that the claimed 'vig' and 'cop' had to be kept alive, and then neither of them did any killing or copping.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 01, 2022, 11:27:42 am »

What do you think of:
1. Toony's crypticness?
I don't see anything I would call cryptic; what do you mean?
2. Roden's reticence to speak about the think he'd bigged up doing all of D2?
I think we're all very eager to hear about it, yes.
3. TricMagic protecting 4mask of all people?
Distressingly NAI.

(Also, I have to laugh, Roden was so insistent that the claimed 'vig' and 'cop' had to be kept alive, and then neither of them did any killing or copping.)
I did copping.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 01, 2022, 11:32:54 am »

I don't see anything I would call cryptic; what do you mean?
His vague pronouncements about knowing who scum is (without giving any reason), his reluctance to claim despite thinking the game is lock, his contradictory position that a nolynch would be good to day etc.

Unfortunately I am not ready to tell you who I targeted yet because I did something different in order to use my role more efficiently. In other words, I don't have the results you want, yet.
I did copping.
You just can't claim it, huh. I hope you survive until D4 so we can see that 4D chess move play out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 01, 2022, 11:47:05 am »

Is Max scum too NQT?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 01, 2022, 11:49:41 am »

Is Max scum too NQT?
I don't know who scum are. Tric and Roden are the best guess with the evidence but I'm not going to go soft on everyone else because of that.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75