Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54097 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #705 on: March 30, 2022, 05:52:32 pm »

Woke up about an hour ago, just finished catching up. We have a bit more than I expected so that's good at least. At least I won't be here just for the last ten minutes again.

Ok so first off, anyone noticing how I and others said "NQT/4mask is the solve" and they didn't give a shit until the deadline reared its head? NQT went from calling me obvscum and shading Tric to teaming up with 4mask to attack Jack and overwhelm him. Their attack on him feels very obviously coordinated and like a last minute hail mary.

I'm pretty certain this is town!Jack, his behavior all day has been his townie self and his reaction to pressure from the NQT/4mask double team gave me war flashbacks to the newbie set up we did a while back. I genuinely don't think he's mafia here, and you all can complain about meta all you want but this isn't just a meta read, it's a read on play and behavior.

I still want NQT voted out today if possible.
I'll be real with you, the reason I haven't been here at all D2 was one of my friends got me into Bridgerton so I had 16 hours of show to watch in addition to my classes starting again this week.

Reads List:
Almost certainly town:
Toony
Jim

Probably town but need to check again:
Max

Working on it:
Roden
NQT

Contradictory claim, probably a wolf:
TricMagic

Just a wolf:
EuchreJack
... Just reading this hardens my mind you're the mafia here 4mask. What about my role stands out as contradictory?

Jack, please not I've already revealed my role at this point. Pony is very much out of the pastures.
I clarified what I meant later, and I already pointed out where your claim felt sketch.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 30, 2022, 05:52:59 pm »

TRICMAGIC

ANSWER ME

TRICMAGIC BE HONEST NOW,

YOUR ONE SHOT SACRIFICE CLAIM IS FAKE.

IF YOU DON'T ANSWER I'M GOING TO ASSUME THAT THE ANSWER IS YES.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 30, 2022, 05:55:09 pm »

While we're at it...

Does someone want to remind me whether Max or Euchre's claims were in any way confirmed... and why people are sure Tric's revive wasn't a free action? And what's the deal with 4masks argument here?

Also, Roden is still most likely scum but I'd like to see why people think that's not the case.
My revival was an auto-thing tied to my Friend being alive at that point. My Sacrifice removed that auto, meaning I'm mortal. I still have my Doctor action.
4mask, seeing the next message, what about this is non-sensical?

Going through stuff Jim.
TRICMAGIC

ANSWER ME

TRICMAGIC BE HONEST NOW,

No, just freaking no. I died last night and came back to life. No-one else died. Why do you think I'd make a fake-claim as anything but mafia?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 30, 2022, 05:56:58 pm »

HOWEVER, nobody has counter claimed Cop in any way shape or form.  We also have allegedly three millers.  So I'm inclined to think Max is our Town Cop.
This is way off from Euchrejack— What reason do you have to think there definitely would be a cop or that there would only be one? (Multiple players may have investigative one-shots— indeed the game started with various peek claims). More pressingly, why are you trying to role fish here, baiting a cop to claim?
?
NQT, all of those fake-claims were later said to be jokes. What are you playing at?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 1: Murder Most Foul [9 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #709 on: March 30, 2022, 05:57:08 pm »

I remember Jim said this on Day 1:

EUCHREJACK/TRICMAGIC SCUMTEAM? EUCHREJACK IS ACTING LIKE ALREADY FOUND OUT SCUM FOR SOME REASON.

I could see Jack/Tric trying to kill Jim on N1 for this statement, but the kill instead getting sent to 4mask and then to Tric.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 30, 2022, 05:57:27 pm »

While we're at it...

Does someone want to remind me whether Max or Euchre's claims were in any way confirmed... and why people are sure Tric's revive wasn't a free action? And what's the deal with 4masks argument here?

Also, Roden is still most likely scum but I'd like to see why people think that's not the case.
My revival was an auto-thing tied to my Friend being alive at that point. My Sacrifice removed that auto, meaning I'm mortal. I still have my Doctor action.
4mask, seeing the next message, what about this is non-sensical?
I'm not repeating things I've already said.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 30, 2022, 05:58:11 pm »

If I believe Jim and 4mask, and ignore NQT's paranoia of Roden then:

Jack killed his partner Tric last night.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 30, 2022, 05:59:28 pm »

Ok here's my suggestion.

Lynch one of NQT/4mask.
I vig the other.
Jack Tracks me.
Max Cops Tric.
Tric Docs Toony.
Toony removes a Miller passive and holsters thevBus Drive.
Jim sits there and looks pretty.

I believe this prevents any and all fuckery with night actions. If something goes wrong, we know exactly where it went wrong and leave Mafia with very little wiggle room to fake claim.

Does this seem fine?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 30, 2022, 06:01:20 pm »

Jim can not be confirmed, and his explanation makes it really easy to explain not being killed
@Roden: Test by shooting Jim if you think 4maskwolf looks scummy.

I gotta do something. Dunno if I will be around for End of Day, but don't vote me just because I am (Looking at you, Tric!)

Only able to briefly skim as I was driving, later folks

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 30, 2022, 06:02:13 pm »

Ok here's my suggestion.

Lynch one of NQT/4mask.
I vig the other.
Jack Tracks me.
Max Cops Tric.
Tric Docs Toony.

I believe this prevents any and all fuckery with night actions. If something goes wrong, we know exactly where it went wrong and leave Mafia with very little wiggle room to fake claim.

Does this seem fine?
Except if you and Jack, Jack and Max, or Max and Tric are wolves together?

There's a ton of holes in this plan.

Jack and Max is even a reasonable scumteam, they could have coordinated some fake investigative fakeclaims. I'm not super sold on Max wolf but the point is there's a million ways this could go wrong.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 30, 2022, 06:02:53 pm »

Ok here's my suggestion.

Lynch one of NQT/4mask.
I vig the other.
Jack Tracks me.
Max Cops Tric.
Tric Docs Toony.

Does this seem fine?
The vig yes. Doc-ing Toony no. I was going to Doc Max, with the expectation that Toony would bus me and someone else. If Max or I end up dead, something is clearly up.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 30, 2022, 06:03:10 pm »

TRICMAGIC

ANSWER ME

TRICMAGIC BE HONEST NOW,

No, just freaking no. I died last night and came back to life. No-one else died. Why do you think I'd make a fake-claim as anything but mafia?

YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE.

THE GAME BECOMES A LOT EASIER TO SOLVE IF YOU'RE FAKE CLAIMING ABOUT THE SACRIFICE ONE SHOT.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I AM GOING TO SAY THIS BUT EVEN IF YOU WERE FAKECLAIMING THAT'S STILL SOMETHING I COULD SEE YOU DOING AS TOWN. I WOULD BE REALLY ANNOYED ABOUT IT BUT I STILL COULD SEE IT HAPPENING.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 30, 2022, 06:03:33 pm »

There's a whole bunch of other holes in that too but I'm pretty sure Jim and Toony are town at this point.

You could make the same argument for basically any two players who don't involve you, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 30, 2022, 06:05:42 pm »

Max perfectly timed that vote shift yesterday.
I want to know who Toony targeted last night though.

CONSIDERING HOW MUCH SCREECHING TRICMAGIC DID ON DAY 1 ABOUT TOONYMAN WIPING HIS AUTOS I DON'T KNOW WHY TRICMAGIC IS INTERESTED IN WHAT TOONYMAN DID DURING NIGHT 1 IF HE KNOWS HE SHOT OFF A ONE SHOT THAT WIPED HIS REVIVING AUTO.

TRICMAGIC BE HONEST NOW,

@Jim: I'm unclear on what is your claimed night action.  I see you are confused as well.  Could you lay out all the information you have from the night phase in one post, so I can actually understand it?

DURING DAY 1 I CHOSE 4MASKWOLF. WHILE 4MASKWOLF IS ALIVE ALL ACTIONS THAT TARGET ME TARGET HIM INSTEAD, EXCEPT FOR ACTIONS 4MASKWOLF DOES THAT TARGET ME.
DURING NIGHT 1 I CHOSE TO WATCH 4MASKWOLF.

.... Context is important. Note the very calm text? I wasn't going to claim that I did that till after most everyone had claimed. Hence potentially catching people in a lie. 4mask did not do well during that.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 30, 2022, 06:06:16 pm »

Max perfectly timed that vote shift yesterday.
I want to know who Toony targeted last night though.

CONSIDERING HOW MUCH SCREECHING TRICMAGIC DID ON DAY 1 ABOUT TOONYMAN WIPING HIS AUTOS I DON'T KNOW WHY TRICMAGIC IS INTERESTED IN WHAT TOONYMAN DID DURING NIGHT 1 IF HE KNOWS HE SHOT OFF A ONE SHOT THAT WIPED HIS REVIVING AUTO.

TRICMAGIC BE HONEST NOW,

@Jim: I'm unclear on what is your claimed night action.  I see you are confused as well.  Could you lay out all the information you have from the night phase in one post, so I can actually understand it?

DURING DAY 1 I CHOSE 4MASKWOLF. WHILE 4MASKWOLF IS ALIVE ALL ACTIONS THAT TARGET ME TARGET HIM INSTEAD, EXCEPT FOR ACTIONS 4MASKWOLF DOES THAT TARGET ME.
DURING NIGHT 1 I CHOSE TO WATCH 4MASKWOLF.

.... Context is important. Note the very calm text? I wasn't going to claim that I did that till after most everyone had claimed. Hence potentially catching people in a lie. 4mask did not do well during that.
What are you even talking about lmao. My claim is literally confirmed by Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75