Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Naked dwarven queen!  (Read 7064 times)

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: Naked dwarven queen!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Locus:
<STRONG>I don't think any game has ever been "banned" in the U.S., and freedom of speech would prevent that.</STRONG>

Well actually there is only one game that was banned in the U.S., and that was because some minor exposed her tits.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 08:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>The only anything currently banned in the U.S. is a book called 'The Anarchist's Cookbook' which is only banned because it is basically a manual for how to be a terrorist, with detailed instructions for improvised armor, IEDs, and the like. </STRONG>

Are you sure that's banned? I found a copy of it stuffed in a moving box in the attic a while back...

Anyhow, I'd imagine, assuming there was a graphics upgrade of that magnitude, the dwarves would have the usual perma-underwear. As for the bloody dismemberment... Well, that's never much of a problem. Diablo, anything that gibs, games with explosives... The worst they get is an M rating. Sometimes not even that. Now, the puppy-burning might make people a bit uneasy...

Fenrir

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »

*appears*

quote:
Originally posted by Haven:
<STRONG>Now, the puppy-burning might make people a bit uneasy...</STRONG>

Don't you just hate how you can shoot, maim, torture, gore, burn, and otherwise harm humans and no one bats an eyelash, but should you harm an animal... that's another matter!

*vanishes*

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »

Humans have apparent shortcomings. Animals are always innocent because they're cute. Also because they can't backstab you very effectively.

Coke_Can64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 12:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Haven:
<STRONG>Humans have apparent shortcomings. Animals are always innocent because they're cute. Also because they can't backstab you very effectively.</STRONG>

You haven't played Furcadia    :p

On another note, DF would most likely be M at worst... you have Sims and Simcity (giant robots anyone?) at PG (except maybe for hot date    :roll: ) and anything with blood would hit a M too... but this is Australian ratings so it would be different to American ratings too.

[ May 12, 2008: Message edited by: Coke_Can64 ]

[ May 12, 2008: Message edited by: Coke_Can64 ]

I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF ME DRILLING HOLES IN ELVES
+Population Myminicity
+Tra Myminicity
+Ind Myminicity

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

What game showed a minor's tits? And more importantly, was it just one of the characters, or was it an actual picture put in the game? Because in the former case, its not an actual person, so why does anyone care?

What? Whats wrong with burning the puppies? The best part is that you can kill ANYTHING, INCLUDING the puppies. Though I'd be more likely to kill all the little kids I see than the puppies if I get back on adventure mode.

Well, if they *DID* have perma-underwear for DF in that sort of 3D a mod would be out to remove it pretty much right away. I mean, every game I've ever played that has perma-underwear has a mod to take that off.

Ooooh I'm moving to Australia as soon as I hit 18, lucky me they have less game restrictions  :D if I understood that last post right.

Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>The only anything currently banned in the U.S. is a book called 'The Anarchist's Cookbook' which is only banned because it is basically a manual for how to be a terrorist, with detailed instructions for improvised armor, IEDs, and the like. Even this move has been met with extreme controversy. Heck, I have a shelf full of Special Forces manuals which tell how to do all that and MUCH worse. Right now, the U.S. government even considering banning a video game of any kind would be a very bad idea.</STRONG>

I'm 99% sure The Anarchist Cookbook isn't banned.  As far as I know, there aren't any blanket bans on any books in the US, although some books are banned in certain states.

Shoes...

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
<STRONG>

I'm 99% sure The Anarchist Cookbook isn't banned.  As far as I know, there aren't any blanket bans on any books in the US, although some books are banned in certain states.</STRONG>

*Insert Alabama and the theory of evolution*

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

Ummm.... you all seem to missing quite a big thing here...

You can torture, kill and burn children.

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 09:37:00 pm »

"The Anarchist Cookbook" isn't banned though the purchase and check-out from libraries are monitored by the government. I know this for sure cause I saw it for sale along with numerous other "questionable" instructional books (Like 'The Poor-mans James Bond') at a local gunshow.

I don't think there is a banned book in the U.S.

[ May 13, 2008: Message edited by: Thingy Master ]

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 02:29:00 am »

i am not sure because i am not from the U.S. but i would be surptrised if Mein Kampf woulden't be baned there becouse it is in all the Europe. and i heard a rumor that if u buy or take from the library the Koran you will be also "watched"
and i think it is really really against personal freedome and liberty of expression if we can't read wathever we wan't whitout be watched by gov.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 02:44:00 am »

Nah, you can buy Mein Kampf.  After all, it is an international bestseller.

Adolf Hitler.  Artist, dog enthusiast, bestselling author.  

Damn creepy to think of him that way...

I actually saw a copy of Mein Kampf in a bookstore down here in India.  It was next to "Helter Skelter".  You know, the biography of Charles Manson?

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

I don't get why everyone says Hitler's art is bad, I actually like it somewhat.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »

I like how he signs his name, it looks like a little kid wrote it.

Creepy guy...

Despite all the bad stuff, he committed suicide, and for that he is an hero.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Shoes...

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 04:26:00 am »

How can someone be a hero for committing suicide? Even if he did do something heroic(which he didn't), killing 6 million Jewish people kind of negates that.

Moving back to the topic at hand. Dwarf fortress would probably be banned if it had graphics. Maybe not in the US but it would definitely be banned in New Zealand. We weren't allowed to play Postal 1&2, Manhunt and a couple of other games. GTA IV was nearly pulled of the shelf as well. I think that probably anything with realistic nudity or mutilation would be banned in this pansy country I call home.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4