Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Frostbound (God SG)  (Read 2985 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbound (God SG)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2022, 10:10:28 am »

A seems overall the most useful and versatile in any situation, but the bow of blood is incredibly tempting.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2022, 11:02:31 am »

C
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2022, 12:18:38 pm »

I approve of the use of A.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2022, 02:03:55 pm »

C
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2022, 08:23:28 pm »

I almost can't decide between them. The sled is very useful for a hunter, and is hilariously appropriate if we retain our appearance as a literal hunting dog...buuuuuut the bow would make hunting monsters easier.

Will vote A and we'll move on from there.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2022, 11:26:56 pm »

A

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2022, 02:19:32 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2022, 03:40:49 pm »

Part 4

You are Halx, the Tireless Solar Hunter. Yours is the excellence of the sun, undimming and constant.

Untarnished glory is your halo, and there is no darkness that can withstand your light.

Your strikes are unerring, powerful and sure. You never tire of the Hunt, the chase and pursuit. Few are those who can elude the gaze of the sun.

You can assume many forms, but one you favor is that of a canine, fur golden, suitable for running across vast distances, and a perfect match for the sled you brought. Carved from a ancient tree by your own paws, it is perfectly suited to run the endless wastes. It will bear almost any burden you think to place upon it.

You fix the location of the mortals trudging through the snow in your mind. A part of you always resides in the trapped sun in the pillar, your sight extending for hundreds of miles. It will take some time to familiarize yourself with the landscape, but already you find roaming herds, predators stalking them, and ruins peeking out from the ice.

Hunter’s Run responds eagerly to your call. No mere construction, it is imbued with a portion of your divine essence, and is in some sense a part of you. 

The sled bears a red-gold hue, the grain smooth and flowing. One could almost see a waxing and waning light within the whorls of the wood. It’s edges were smooth and flowing.

It’s straps latch around your body eagerly, leather taken from the skin of a great wolf you had slain. And you set off.

Bounding across the snow, you are swift and sure. You leave no tracks where you do not wish to. It is still a perilous land, full of ancient and deadly predators and ruins.

You can almost feel Frostbound looming over you, a barely constrained wolf bristling with rage and hunger. Of course, the old God still slumbers, but it’s stirring is the apocalypse of civilizations and death of gods.

You hone in on the band of mortals. Covered in wrapped furs, you can sense the desperation and the hope wafting off of them. Journeys across the icy wastes are not taken lightly, but the opportunity of a fallen star is worth the risk.

You appear to them in a blaze of light, a corona of warmth and life that sends them stumbling to their knees. Their fear is overwhelming, but you gaze at them steadily and walk towards them.

You can see within their hearts. These wanderers, bundled in furs and cloths, are a peaceful people. They live in the ruins of a shattered city, scavenging enough to grow their own food and supplies. They are gloriously mortal, full of life, love and hope. They are inventive and quick, and wise as well.

They would make excellent disciples. 

You send a wave of warmth washing over them, renewing them with fresh vigor.
“I am Halx, lord of the Sun and the Hunt. I am what you seek. Follow me, and you will prosper.”

A few muted glances and worry, but sometimes a choice isn’t a choice at all.

After receiving their oaths to serve you, the mortals clamber into the Hunter’s Run, which easily accommodates them. They then direct you to their home, built in a old outpost atop an older ruin.

There the people welcome you with open arms, and are glad to move to a more favorable location. They pack up their homes, and their grow houses go load into your sled.

During this time one of them catches your eye, and you mark them. They are:

A. Achellia: A Hunter, she is brave and bold, and skilled besides! She has brought down several mighty beasts on her own. She puts others comforts before her own, and her desire to see her people survive is what motivates her to put her life on the line.

B. Baras. A veteran warrior, he guided the defense against raiders and civil war over many years. Sound with tactics and strong in battle, he craves peace, but fate keeps calling for his sword.

C. Calares. A healer and wisewoman, she has guided her people for many years. She has invented many of the tools and devices keeping them alive. She strives for the day when her people regain a fraction of their former glory.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2022, 04:07:30 pm »

C
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2022, 04:21:58 pm »

A.
its the thematic option, hunter picking a hunter and all that.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2022, 04:25:55 pm »

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2022, 06:07:42 pm »

B

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2022, 07:54:17 pm »

A we are a god of the hunt, we should choose an hunter.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2022, 11:54:58 pm »

A

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2022, 12:41:04 am »

Achellia kneels before you. She has adapted rather quickly to the new situation, quickly organizing her people to disassemble and pack what could be transported.

She was the Scout leader, respected for her many feats of daring, and for the meat and hides she provided. She caught your eye immediately, of course. You favored hunters, those who step into the cycle of the world and take what they need. Though her deeds are numerous, she possess a heart that is not driven by desire for glory or bloodlust, but one that seeks to protect and provide for her family.

You settle back on your haunches and incline your head. She will make an excellent leader, and a potential candidate for Empowerment as your prophet.

After several days their settlement is loaded onto the Hunter’s Run, and you begin the journey back to the Totem. You barely feel the weight of it all dragging behind you. The sled adjusts to protect your new followers from the wind, and you feel their marvel at the ice and snow whipping by as you run under the azure sky.

You make you way down a winding ramp to the bottom of the crater. Your followers survey their new home with wonder in their eyes. A few laugh and throw off their heaviest coats- the Pillar of the Sun provides enough heat in the crater that they can be comfortable outdoors. Achellies joins them, smile broad as she takes in the miraculous sight of the icy cold beaten back.

Your followers are another stable source of Essence, the Life Force of gods. As a god of Hunters, you are rather self-sufficient, being able to harvest Essence from the titans you slay. Your followers can gather resources, form your armies, and build buildings. However, you also take on the obligation to protect and care for them, as well.

It costs 1 Essence to power the Totem per turn.

Your Pops have 3 stances:

Normal: Aside from an hour or two prayers a day, this Pop is able to focus on working and aiding the settlement. Takes 10 Pops to produce 1 Essence a turn (1/10 Essence a turn per pop)

Devoted: This pop lives a monastic lifestyle, spending at least half their time in prayer and worship, and rest on the basics of survival. Produces 1 Food, and takes 2 Pops to produce 1 Essence a Turn (½ Essence a turn per Pop).

Fanatical This Pop lives and breathes worshipping you. Every waking moment is devoted to singing your praises. They produce nothing aside from 1 Essence a turn.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

What stance do you put your first Pop? This can be changed later.

Of course you have much work to do as well. Frostbound is a harsh land, and you must choose to spend your time wisely to survive. You have 2 Actions per Turn currently. For your first action you…

A-Hunt a primeval Beast. These monsters will provide a good source of raw materials and Essence for you. Dangerous as well, but you are ready.

B-Recruit mortals. With the aid of the Pillar, it will be relatively easy for you to seach for potential followers. Rolls 2d6 for new followers.

C- Craft an Artifact. Using Essence and valuable materials, forge an artifact worthy of the gods.

D- Empower Mortals. You can directly bless a mortal or mortals with divine power. This can be a general empowerment, or one granting specific abilities. Aided with primeval blood.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5