Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick questions about new versions of Adventurer  (Read 1880 times)

K4tz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick questions about new versions of Adventurer
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

Hi, I have a few questions about Adventurer. Firstly, can you buy ammunition for bows/crossbows now? Secondly, do special creature abilities such as fire breathing and webbing work (or is Toady planning to implement them soon)? Also, what does the blood sucking ability do since I've seen extract inject work but never seen my nightwing characters do anything. Lastly, am I the only one having the problem of the swimming skill never increasing, no matter the race?

Sorry if I've missed something I should have read.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Quick questions about new versions of Adventurer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »

Blood sucking 50:100 ability gives a 50% of 100% chance for "you feel the blood is sucking through the wound", or something like this. I think it increases the number of lost blood through bleeding/decreases the number of lost blood for a sucker, but I may be wrong. Correct me if you knew things better.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

Swimming skill increases when you swim. That means at least 4-high water. Incidentally, 5-high water has a chance of drowning you. Which means unless you make a shallow swimming pool in your fortress and train there, the only way you'll ever learn to swim is when you already know how to swim.

Ammunition cannot be bought yet. Special attacks cannot be used yet.

Bites injecting poison and bloodsucking capabilities can be used. Bloodsucking just drains the blood out of the victim, while the extract injection requires an extract tag and relevant descriptors in the creature definition. All in all, you only have to bite the target to use the ability. If it doesn't work, the target might be immune, or you are just very unlucky, because the attacks have a success chance.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

K4tz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 02:21:00 pm »

The thing is it wasn't just my dabbling swimmers who weren't getting any swimming skill standing in waves, my normal swimmers refused to get any points in it either.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by K4tz:
<STRONG>The thing is it wasn't just my dabbling swimmers who weren't getting any swimming skill standing in waves, my normal swimmers refused to get any points in it either.</STRONG>
This may sound like a noobish thing to ask, but, are you actually waiting out turns or just standing there?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

K4tz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 04:31:00 am »

I was swimming and I did try using the wait key. I guess it is just a bug.