Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: One World (SG)  (Read 4150 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One World (SG)
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2022, 01:46:19 am »

A man nearby begins scratching his head.  “‘Conspiracy against Otterball’?… ‘Society for the Preservation of Otterball’?  I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what in the world is Otterball?”, the man asks.
Everyone in the crowd begins staring at this man, giving him the same kind of looks they'd give some on that kicked their dog.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2022, 05:37:25 pm »

A man nearby begins scratching his head.  “‘Conspiracy against Otterball’?… ‘Society for the Preservation of Otterball’?  I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what in the world is Otterball?”, the man asks.
Everyone in the crowd begins staring at this man, giving him the same kind of looks they'd give some on that kicked their dog.
then they start kicking the man.  more donkeys explode, setting fire to the stadium.  in the ensuing chaos, the assasin uses her hidden knife to beak free and stab us, severely wounding us.  then she flees as we fall unconscious.  we wake up somewhere dark. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2022, 12:28:15 am »

In the back ground you hear some one yell, "Dear god no, not the strategic donkey storage facility!"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2022, 06:25:20 am »

then they start kicking the man.  more donkeys explode, setting fire to the stadium.  in the ensuing chaos, the assasin uses her hidden knife to beak free and stab us, severely wounding us.  then she flees as we fall unconscious.  we wake up somewhere dark.
After Brick takes stock of his new surroundings, a damp yet oddly well-furnished dungeon, the Love Foundation world government's Immortal Prime Mincellor for Life, Pierre Louis Not-á-Demòn enters his cell with a sinister grin. The scene fades to black, jump cut to... elsewhere...

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2022, 05:25:14 am »

Addressing the guard captain, you begin explaining the circumstances. "This woman is a suspect in a possible ongoing Conspiracy against Otterball, as defined in statute I-42(c), section K of the formal Charter of the Order for the Preservation of Otterball, as well as at least one count of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and similar minor crimes. As a recently inducted junior member of the Order, I have, as you can see" — you tap the table — "secured her pending delivery to the local Order Bailiff, pursuant to the police powers ceded to the Order by the Love Foundation in the Treaty of Armistice, while I have been searching for additional evidence."

Properly speaking, under the terms of the Treaty you should have reported the arrest to the local representatives of the Love Foundation government immediately, but you hope the guard captain will cut you some slack on the understanding that you would want as much evidence as possible to make your case. You've indeed gathered several pieces of evidence - including the assassin's daggers and necklace, which you take out to show the officer. There is technically one other piece of evidence you have that seems connected, but you decide to keep the love letter signed with your name to yourself for now.

After your thorough explanation, the guard captain blinks, looking a tad overwhelmed and speechless. There is fascinated murmuring in the crowds that continue to survey the scene, and soon a parrot with glowing blue eyes flies towards the stadium and lands on the red-haired woman. "Assassin!" the parrot squawks, before landing on you and squawking "Target!" Of course, many know this parrot as a telepathic animal that many prominent organizations including the Love Foundation government uses to obtain reliable information - this one was evidently sent with the guards to help investigate the situation.

The guard captain soon nods with confidence and beams a smile. "You're a man of many talents, Mr. Brick! We all have you to thank for apprehending this suspicious character." He approaches you to examine the pieces of evidence, looking upon the assassin with discernment. The woman glares back at him, teeth clenched with rage, still vigorously struggling to get loose. Meanwhile in the background, a donkey explodes, but no one pays attention to it because it's an everyday occurence. "You are a gift to Otterball and to the world, sir; may the Order for the Preservation of Otterball prosper with your partnership!" the guard captain gives you a bow of respect, as do the other soldiers.

A man nearby begins scratching his head. "Conspiracy against Otterball"?... 'Society for the Preservation of Otterball? I hope you don't mind me asking, but what in the world is Otterball?" the man asks.

Everyone in the crowd turns to the man, giving him looks of utter disbelief and disapproval. "How can someone not know what Otterball is!? Are you some kind of degenerate!?" "Who is this guy anyway!? He must be some kind of deranged freak!" "Maybe he's part of the conspiracy! He must be in league with the assassin!" "I don't like his shirt!" The flurry of accusations erupts from the crowd as they soon descend upon the confused man, shoving him to the ground and kicking him. Several donkeys are startled by this, running away and exploding, setting fire to the stadium.

In the ensuing chaos, the assassin pulls out a hidden knife and frees herself from the table. Deftly she jumps towards you and stabs you in the abdomen, severely wounding you. Everything starts getting hazy as blood drips down from your wound and you collapse to the ground. The last thing you see is the assassin fleeing the scene as it devolves into chaos.

You awaken, opening your heavy eyelids to a dark place. You hear a vague voice in the background yelling "Dear god no, not the strategic donkey storage facility!" You struggle to remain awake, soon reminded of the noticeable pain in your abdomen. You feel so weak it's hard to even move a muscle. You slowly take stock of your new surroundings - a damp yet oddly well-furnished dungeon. A shadowy silhouette soon emerges from the cell door. It takes a few moments for you to recognize the familiar visage of the Love Foundation world government's Immortal Prime Mincellor for Life, Pierre Louis Not-á-Demòn. A sinister grin lurks on his face as he looks to you.

To be continued...

Who will the main character be for the next chapter?

(Choose any existing character that isn't in the current scene, or create a new character)

Brief list of existing characters not in the current scene:

Altaron
The assassin
The guard captain
The telepathic parrot
The man beat up by the crowd

(Feel free to include some additional info about the character such as their name, description/bio, starting location/situation)

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2022, 08:07:03 am »

I'm thinking Altaron, a male warlock who retains all his memories thanks to the protection of his patron, the dragon spirit Shén dù. He is currently in hiding, from mysterious pursuers who he suspects have been stealing his lovers, in a secret cavern in the sewers where he is communing with his patron. As a master of the element of fire, Shén dù has the ability to sense fire magic around the area, and has been warning Altaron of a strange fire-based aura that has developed around the town's donkeys.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2022, 08:19:16 am »

I'm thinking Altaron, a male warlock who retains all his memories thanks to the protection of his patron, the dragon spirit Shén dù. He is currently in hiding, from mysterious pursuers who he suspects have been stealing his lovers, in a secret cavern in the sewers where he is communing with his patron. As a master of the element of fire, Shén dù has the ability to sense fire magic around the area, and has been warning Altaron of a strange fire-based aura that has developed around the town's donkeys.
+1

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2022, 09:13:48 am »

+1
+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2022, 03:28:21 am »

+1
+1
+1

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2022, 03:50:39 pm »

+1
+1
+1
+1

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2022, 02:59:26 pm »

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2022, 08:13:40 am »

You are Altaron, a male warlock who retains all your memories thanks to the protection of your patron, the dragon spirit Shén dù. You are currently in hiding, from mysterious pursuers whom you suspect have been stealing your lovers, in a secret cavern in the sewers where you are communing with your patron. As a master of the element of fire, Shén dù has the ability to sense fire magic around the area, and has been warning you of a strange fire-based aura that has developed around the town's donkeys.

In the sewers below the city of Aerilon, you are sitting on the floor of a secret cavern in silence. The sound of slowly dripping water echoes in the distance, as your eyes are closed and your mind is focused on the image of your patron, the dragon spirit Shén dù.

A stray memory flutters to you, of a famous Otterball player with whom you've shared intimate relations. He doesn't remember you anymore, for those memories seem to have been forcibly taken from him. And there have been others as well - lovers of yours who no longer remember you, robbed of all those intimate experiences you've shared. A sentimental grief rises in your heart, along with a burning desire for justice and restoration.

Your attention skips to a much more recent memory, of shadowy figures pursuing you through the city. You've been able to elude them for the time being, but their identity remains unknown to you. You suspect that they are the ones behind the tampering of your lovers' memories, and are now coming after you. On multiple occasions in the recent days you've felt your mind under attack by outside forces, but thanks to the protection of your patron you were able to fend them off with your memories in-tact. Who are they and what do they want? These are questions you'll demand from the culprits after you've made them return what they've taken.

With determination, you re-focus your mind on your patron, and She soon answers. The dimness of the cavern lights up into bright flames, and the ethereal form of the dragon spirit appears before you. She does not speak yet, simply blazing in silence as is customary until you bow and proclaim your bond. "Shén dù. My boundless gratitude for your support."

The dragon spirit flickers before you. "ALTARON. AN UNNATURAL FIRE AURA ENCHANTS THE CITY'S DONKEYS. BE WARY, SUCH IS THE PRODUCT OF DEVIOUS SCHEMING." Shén dù's voice booms in your mind, Her image scintillating with expression. You give a grave nod of understanding, contemplating this new development. Could these enchanted donkeys be related to your shadowy pursuers and the stolen memories of your lovers? Your thirst for answers deepens with every passing moment.

"And the memory thieves? I tire of running. I must find them and make them redress their wrongs!" you speak up, passion coloring your voice. The dragon spirit's avatar ignites with a growl. Passion is an attribute of fire, and your patron seems to sympathize with your cause. "THE CULPRITS REMAIN UNDETECTED. THEY SHALL BE REVEALED IN TIME, AND THEIR CRIMES CLEANSED BY THE FIRES OF TRUTH." Shén dù's words offer a degree of comfort, yet it is hard for you to remain sitting in hiding while your lovers' assailants run free...

Spoiler: Character info (click to show/hide)

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2022, 09:15:36 am »

"you know something, dont you."  altaron stated.  he had, over the years, become adept at reading his patron's emotions, and Shen du has never been so... comforting before.  "you have potential, Altaron." Shen du said.  "And i have enemies.  there are spirits who would do much to get ahold of you, through whatever means neccesary... even if it means Mindwarping a couple dozen mortals.  Yes, i do know something.  The frelathrope, or whatever family has had one of their scions (seemingly) righteously accused of attempted murder of one Stu "Brick" Brick Jr.  she was found with a pendant with your name on it.  i suspect she was mindwarped.  go investigate."  you, Altaron, think about how you know a scion of the frelathrope family...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2022, 09:18:19 am »

Any soul attuned to the powers of fire as Altaron's is knows that the passions of the heart are a potent wellspring of both magical and mundane strength. Though his retained memories provide a vital reserve, the loss of reciprocation has enfeebled him. When physical affections fail, he thinks, one must rely upon the bedrock of stalwart friendship!
Therefore, he begins to formulate a plan to escape this city for the security of the stronghold belonging to his lifelong best friend and occasional friendly love rival, the ice wizard Dagorm Holmgundr. Along with the third member of his old academy crew, Cherry Grimwine the glass witch, who is currently unfortunately temporarily undead (or was as of the last of her letters he received), Dagorm is the person Altaron can trust most in the world, which is why he previously prepared escape tunnels from the secret sewer caverns to the Holmgundr estate against just such a possibility as this. Unfortunately, the tunnels are protected by powerful charms, and even finding them, let alone opening them, will require access to certain mystical items and rare (and illegal) materials from the city above... The target of Altaron's first quest will be the city museum, now housing in its exhibit on ancient artefacts an object known only as the "electronic stud finder", fabled to be able to detect hollow openings in walls even through the strongest illusion magic.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2022, 03:20:52 pm »

There is, however, some uncertainty to this as scholars have been arguing for years over whether the ‘electronic stud finder’ finds hollow openings in walls, or whether it finds sexually attractive male ‘video game characters’, or (as a few have argued) it finds horses made out of lightning that are especially valuable for breeding more horses made out of lightning…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5