Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 98

Author Topic: Maybe the WWIII thread (soon) (Ukraine)  (Read 68763 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe the WWIII thread (soon) (Ukraine)
« Reply #945 on: March 18, 2022, 01:30:58 pm »

Meanwhile... Russian Ministry of Defense reached a new low.

Employees of the Security Service of Ukraine are preparing a provocation against the Russian military in the city of Dnipro, the press service of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation reports.

According to the agency, the security forces evacuated the staff and patients of the city hospital No. 2, after which they mined one of its buildings. They intend to blow up the building when a Russian plane flies over the city.

I especially like this "fly"... Not attack the city. Fly over it to enjoy the view.

This is a new level of state terrorism, informing that you are about to bomb a hospital before doing it and leaving your enemy guessing if you'll actually do it.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 18, 2022, 01:45:45 pm »

According to the agency, the security forces evacuated the staff and patients of the city hospital No. 2, after which they mined one of its buildings. They intend to blow up the building when a Russian plane flies over the city.

That's quite the dwarfy method to bring a kea plane down

ps yeah I get it, they probably meant it as a false flag
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 18, 2022, 02:19:54 pm »

"The cities are destroying themselves! We just look at them, and they blow up!"

(That's a next-level spin, that. And not in a good way.)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 18, 2022, 02:35:05 pm »

It's miserable to know that any false flag attack is probably moreso aimed at producing more propaganda to keep the Russian people in their place supporting the war, but if there's even the slightest sliver of a chance that these chemical weapons are being rolled out to try and make themselves look better in the eyes of the rest of the world, I just find that funny.

I can see you dragging those chemical weapons behind you, you know.
These aren't my chemical weapons, these are the enemy's chemical weapons.
That's clearly not the case.
The enemy is going to use these to gas civilians soon!
Why do you feel the need to refer to them as "The enemy", they have a name you know.
Only traitors to our glorious leader would refer to the enemy by anything other than the enemy! That is a crime!
Bu- hey, hey hey! Get away from the chemical weapons!
The enemy is about to use them!
GET AWAY FROM THA-

... Why. Why are you like this.
See. The enemy is using chemical weapons against us.
... You know, this is why no-one likes you.

This becomes less and less of a joke each passing day...
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 18, 2022, 02:39:47 pm »

ps yeah I get it, they probably meant it as a false flag
Actually, I'd call it "false false flag"

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 19, 2022, 05:09:11 am »

Russian Lieutenant General Andrei Mordvichev has been confirmed killed by Ukrainian MoD.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 19, 2022, 06:19:00 am »

I am somewhat puzzled that we're not seeing any corona news yet about the millions of refugees.
I kinda expect there to be the largest outbreak since corona started, with all those people closely packed together, of whom many aren't vaccinated.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 19, 2022, 06:22:31 am »

Well we are seeing the numbers climb as it is and our goverments seem dead set to limit testing because apparently they think that if you dont look at the numbers people wont notice hospitals are breaking under the strain. So you might not actually see any news. 🤷‍♂️
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 19, 2022, 06:23:57 am »

Well, if the countries they are getting into have good vaccination rates they should be more or less okay. Also the outbreak migth be there but no ones is giving a damn because there are more pressing matters?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 06:25:33 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 19, 2022, 06:24:21 am »

Pretty sure here in Poland there's little to no covid testing of refugees from Ukraine.

No tests = no cases, ez pz.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 19, 2022, 06:32:38 am »

Well, if the countries they are getting into have good vaccination rates they should be more or less okay. Also the outbreak migth be there but no ones is giving a damn because there are more pressing matters?
The refugee's plight is horriible, but in my opinion corona is still the more pressing matter.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 19, 2022, 06:37:05 am »

Well, if the countries they are getting into have good vaccination rates they should be more or less okay.
HAHAHA good one
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/mar/17/rise-in-uk-covid-admissions-leading-to-infections-absence-and-delays
Systems are not prepared to deal with the ongoing waves of severe illness, or long covid, or whatnot.
More staff and resources were needed beforehand already. Some people were saying with covid 20% more than the previous plans would be needed on top of that. But I think that's very lowball.

These days I think that even if you live somewhere with public healthcare it's important to get a good private insurance policy with a good private hospital (most of them dont qualify). Because waiting lists might actually get dangerous over the next few years.

If you live in a country with no public health or with single payer private healthcare... look at your options, odds are that it will be private healthcare as a whole taking the hit on waiting lists. There's probably a pathway but I dont know very well the mechanisms under those systems.

The refugee's plight is horriible, but in my opinion corona is still the more pressing matter.

IMO corona is also the refugee's plight
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 06:39:09 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 19, 2022, 06:39:52 am »

Yeah you have a good point there.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 19, 2022, 06:46:28 am »

I am somewhat puzzled that we're not seeing any corona news yet about the millions of refugees.
I kinda expect there to be the largest outbreak since corona started, with all those people closely packed together, of whom many aren't vaccinated.

Covid is very real in Ukraine and because Ukraine stopped reporting it... It doesn't mean that it isn't active and doesn't add to indirect casualties.

Indirect medical-related casualties must be enormous. Stress, disruption of normal healthcare, logistical problems with medications (even something as basic insulin is becoming a problems), covid... 
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 19, 2022, 12:01:14 pm »

Fuck your mother, China.

(Chinese ministry of Foreign Affairs said the war in Ukraine is NATO's fault, NATO is the agressor, Russia had no choice but to defend itself against agressive NATO that wants to put nuclear missiles in the outer suburbs of Moscow).

So yeah, fuck your mother, China.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 12:03:25 pm by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 98