Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98

Author Topic: Maybe the WWIII thread (soon) (Ukraine)  (Read 68566 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Not the WWIII thread (yet) (Ukraine)
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2022, 11:03:47 am »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2022, 11:16:09 am »

Russian attacks hit a storage site for nuclear waste from the Tsjernobyl disaster.

Those fucking idiots.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2022, 11:23:30 am »

The Russian nazis have bombarded a hospital in Eastern Ukraine. Amongst the dead and injured are 6 doctors.
Let me clarify before people think I am saying all Russians are nazis.

Russian = people just like everyone else
Russian nazi = any Russian actively participating in invasion of the Ukraine or actively supporting Putin's regime.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2022, 12:01:10 pm »

I'm awake. So let's see...oh. Possible attack on a Turkish merchant vessel while Turkey is contemplating shutting down Russia's sea access. This can only end well.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2022, 12:23:58 pm »

The Ukraine national guard is trying to hard to protect the radioactive dust containers in Chernobyl.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2022, 12:28:53 pm »

My prediction is Putin is going to make up some horseshit about claiming Ukraine wasn't doing a good job keeping thing contained safely.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2022, 12:44:33 pm »

Chernobyl has been seized and the powerplant staff taken hostage. Russia has also formally demanded what is effectively unconditional surrender from Ukraine, as Ukraine officially confirms they've taken the Antonov Airport that's relatively close to Ukraine. Russia is in the process of landing further forces there for an assault on Kiev in the hours to come.

Fighting is a mixed bag elsewhere reportedly, with things being toughest for Russia & co in the east (where Ukrainian forces have been fighting for the last 8 years). Forces coming in from Crimea have faced little resistance, while from the north there are mixed reports.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2022, 01:24:17 pm »

All leave for military personnel in the Netherlands have been revoked and several units have been brought to high readiness level.
Extra drills will be held.

EDIT: India has urged Putin to cease hostilities. They express concern about the safety of Indian students in Ukraine. This morning, 3000 Indian students had already gathered outside the Indian embassy in Kiev to seek shelter.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 01:27:51 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2022, 01:29:27 pm »

All leave for military personnel in the Netherlands have been revoked and several units have been brought to high readiness level.
Extra drills will be held.

Time to rename thread soon fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2022, 01:37:56 pm »

Chernobyl has been seized and the powerplant staff taken hostage. Russia has also formally demanded what is effectively unconditional surrender from Ukraine, as Ukraine officially confirms they've taken the Antonov Airport that's relatively close to Ukraine. Russia is in the process of landing further forces there for an assault on Kiev in the hours to come.
Oh boy. And i thought this will take three months at least. Looks like my thoughts of warfare are late by a century. :P

Living in Kiyv there. Hopefully i won't die in a bombing run or something.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 01:47:17 pm by MCreeper »

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2022, 01:46:15 pm »

Oh boy. And i thought this will take three months at least. Looks like my thoughts of warfare are late by a century. :P

Living in Kiyv there. Hopefully i won't die in a bombing run or something.

tbh, I thought this would be a lot more slow and less of an all out blitz. Sadly unless anyone actually comes to defend Ukraine, it looks more like the latter than the former...a fast paced war that will be (mostly) over within a week at this rate and maybe even THAT is on the high side. Especially if they are already demanding Ukraine to surrender and have surrounded the capital.

Turns out some posters here the other month were right when I was talking about a potential world war 3 some time back with russia/china at the helm...modern wars aren't fought over months or years, they are over in days.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2022, 01:53:27 pm »

The conventional war will likely be over in days, but chances are there will be guerilla conflict for years after this if Russia tries to actually stay there. Which seems likely at this rate, so far we've seen a lot of predictions that hinge on the assumption that Putin's motives are small-scale and sensible turn out to be wildly incorrect.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2022, 01:58:23 pm »

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2022, 01:59:27 pm »

Sounds like Europe/America doesn't plan on interrupting SWIFT banking that Russia may be utilizing as part of sanctions, per Biden's speech right now. "We'll see how Russia is doing in a month with these sanctions."

I know it's tenuous, but will we have a Ukraine in a month?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 02:05:41 pm by None »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2022, 02:01:31 pm »

Sounds like Europe/America doesn't plan on interrupting SWIFT banking that Russia may be utilizing as part of sanctions.
It's probably better for the intelligence community in Europe/America if they let Russia keep using SWIFT.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98