Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35966 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #360 on: October 12, 2022, 09:19:06 pm »

No, I can't keep the NP going. I'm refering to the environmental flames. I figure the NP fading before it does anything significant is a foregone conclusion, but having the exit from the labyrinth be directly into a forest fire still favors me a ton.

Quote from: the NP's description
Effects: requires continuous channeling to maintain.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 12, 2022, 09:23:06 pm »

No, I can't keep the NP going. I'm refering to the environmental flames. I figure the NP fading before it does anything significant is a foregone conclusion, but having the exit from the labyrinth be directly into a forest fire still favors me a ton.

Quote from: the NP's description
Effects: requires continuous channeling to maintain.

Ah, apologies. I knew the NP faded, but when you said to keep the fire going I thought you meant the NP fire. Sorry for misunderstanding.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2022, 03:14:01 pm »

Right, sorry. I was out with friends last night and tried to get the turn written before then, but only managed to get the rolls through and the turn half written. I’ve been trying to finish it today, but it’s been a busy day and I haven’t had time to really sit down and work on it. I have a busy night tonight so I can’t promise I’ll get it done tonight, but I’m going to try. If I don’t succeed, it should be up tomorrow. Sorry.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 15, 2022, 10:11:09 am »

Irine and Doc

Initiative
Irine 2
Doc 20
Asclepius 16
Glycon 10
Asterios 7

Doc Luck Check: 1 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Teammates
Doc Luck Check (Way Out): 18 (Success), 12 (No Crit), Remainder 2
Doc Agility Check: 9 (Success), Remainder 1
Irine Agility Check: 5 (Success), 9 (Failure), Remainder 7

Irine managed to make her way over the roadblock, as thankfully the fire didn’t affect her, but she would need another way to get back once she’d found Doc. As she walked into the forest, she didn’t see any signs of life, most likely an effect of the forest fire. As she drew closer to where she generally felt Doc and the other signatures were supposed to be, she still couldn’t see them, and they still felt far away.

Meanwhile, Doc moved back the way he came, moving about as fast as he could while still dealing with the effects of falling into the labyrinth. He marked the new right wall as he went, drawing on it in blood whenever he coughed, as his previous markings stood on the other side. Once he returned to the junction he started in, he placed the bullet he’d picked up on the ground and spun again. It pointed to the door that had been in front of him when he began, and was now on his right. Continuing to mark the walls as he went, he followed down that way, until he found himself at another junction, this one with 3 new halls pointing off it.

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 60)
Nuada Agility Roll: 16 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 3 vs 11 (Success), 6 (No Crit), Remainder 6
Frankenstein Loses 70 Mana (Now 35): NP Activates (-4 To Roll Under Number for Agility, Endurance, and Luck for 3 Actions. -5 for Opponents’ Roll Under Number for Agility)
Frankenstein Gains 10 Mana (Now 45)
Nuada Loses 110 Mana (Now 0)
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 10)

Once more, Nuada swiped at the girl, but his limbs didn’t want to move like he wanted them to. His arm jerks, rather than moving in the arc he wants, and his legs spasm, messing up his footing. Not to mention the terrible wailing that assaulted his ears, throwing off his focus and giving him more of a problem regaining his stance. All together, the effects messed him up enough that the girl was able to avoid his slash, despite her own injuries.

Meanwhile, the girl’s body began to glow again, and Nuada knew what was coming. More lightning struck him, causing his nerves even more stress, and his flesh burnt from the heat. More and more trees burst, firing burning leaves, ash, and splinters into the air. The giant sphere of energy hit him square, and combined with his already weakened state, it shot him off his feet, slamming his back into a nearby tree.

He could feel his spirit origin cracking from all the damage it had taken, his body lacking enough mana to reinforce it. His body started to fade into golden dust, floating away in the elecified air. But… no. NO! He was not going to die! He was Nuada Airgetlám, first king of the Tuatha Dé Danann, god of war! He was not going to be killed by a little girl and her lightning stick!

The last bits of his mana pushed around his spirit origin, not healing it, but stopping it from breaking any further, as he tried to pick himself up off the ground.

The girl looked shaky, her body burnt and raw, her legs shaking under her from exertion. She was panting, but her green eyes were blazing with determination.

Here we go, actual turn is out. Sorry for the delay, I really haven't gotten much of a chance to sit down since Thursday.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2022, 10:35:51 am »

Continue playing spin the bullet
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 16, 2022, 05:36:29 pm »

defend myself.  try to avoid hits. 
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 16, 2022, 08:45:33 pm »

I'll put that out later
Continue

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 18, 2022, 01:36:37 am »

Irine and Doc

Initiative
Irine 20
Doc 11
Asclepius 9
Glycon 16
Asterios 8

Doc Luck Check: 11 (Success), 17 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Agility Check: 13 (Failure)
Irine Luck Check: 3 (Success), 12 (No Crit), Remainder 12
Doc Luck Check (Way Out): 10 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 10
Doc Agility Check: 12 (Failure)

Irine continued to search for Doc, however, as she continued walking, she soon found herself no longer doing so, as she tripped and fell over. Picking herself up, she noticed that only a bit away from her face was a crevice, largely covered up by the fallen trees, that seemed to open up into a stone chamber of some sort, though she couldn’t see how far it went.

Doc spun his bullet again, as it pointed towards the left path and he wandered that way, his earlier burst of speed combined with the Labyrinths effects causing him to return to a slower pace, as he continued to mark the wall behind him. If anything, traversing the labyrinth was a lot more boring than he had anticipated, but then again, he wasn’t exactly upset he wasn’t fighting The Minotaur in his home territory. As he passed further, he found his way to another fork in the road, as two paths lead right and left.

Left Out
Right Asclepius

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 20)
Nuada Attempts to Avoid Hits (+3 to Agility for avoiding attacks)
Frankenstein Active Skill: Cooldown 6 turns
Nuada Loses 30 Mana (Now Dead)

With his vitality expended and his spirit core barely hanging on, Nuada decided it was in his best interest to go on the defensive. He could tell the girl didn’t have the energy left for another burst of her noble phantasm, and even with his own weakness as a result of the repeated lightning strikes he had taken, he was certain that if he focused, he could dodge an attack from her mace.

Unfortunately for him, while the girl was done with her noble phantasm, she had one last trick up her sleeve. Electricity charged up in the head of her mace, and she swung it upwards. While Nuada was able to dodge the blow, the strike of lightning fired into the sky, causing a roar of thunder as the sky lit up. Multiple weaker lightning bolts, too many for Nuada to dodge, fired back down at the earth.

While he could avoid some, his silver sword and arm attracted the strikes like a lightning rod, and one was all that he needed. A blast of electricity tore up his arm, shooting into his core, and breaking open the thin layer of mana keeping it whole, causing it to crumble away. As his body faded into golden powder, the girl collapsed to the ground, shaken and weak, but still alive.

Stirk and Lenglon, sorry your section has been a bit boring as of late, I have your enemies regrouping at the moment just like you are, and you'll at least likely meet back up soon. I'm also writing this late at night, so if it isn't as well written as other turns, that's why.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 18, 2022, 02:44:22 am »

what's this?
where's doc? Can I feel his mana anywhere? Is he in the crevice? Is he out here in the forest with me? And where's the enemy?

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2022, 08:45:10 am »

DANG IT.  i think my char got nerfed a little too much. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 18, 2022, 01:20:39 pm »

You had my opponent from first run at this tier. She's nuts.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2022, 01:46:42 pm »

Spin my bullet right round right round
then go down go down down the uh, path it points to
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 18, 2022, 02:09:43 pm »

DANG IT.  i think my char got nerfed a little too much.
I don't think that's the case. We already discussed the reason for the damage debuffing, and when his NP is active, Nuada gains +30 damage, ignoring his active skill, and a high Strength and Agility stat that boosts his damage further by increasing the odds of crits. Fran, who also gets +30 damage, has it at the downside of taking an additional 15 damage per attack. The reason for Nuada losing the fight wasn't decreased damage output, as seen, in the attack he landed he pulled off a double crit and dealt 60 damage against an opponent's critical defense roll, which is as much as a character with C rank strength does if they get a critical attack roll and their opponent has no defense.

Nuada's loss came from how NPs and Active Abilities work, and how Fran is built specifically. Fran is built to be high risk, high reward, especially with her NP, as not only does it cost an additional 30 mana to activate it due to Mad Enhancement and Overload (though there's a 10 Mana refund due to Galvanism I'm still counting the cost at 50/60/70 as she can't activate it at anything less than that even if the refund from Galvanism would bring her back up above 0 afterward), and the risk increases even more if she increases it above the lowest rank, since it applies debuffs to her as well as the opponent. Further complementing that is the Wail of the Falsely Living passive, which decreases Agility for opponents if she'd below half health. Nuada is very focused on Agility, and Fran's kit is good at reducing Agility. Still, if you had been able to hit her after her NP went off, you'd probably have been able to kill her, as the +30 to damage meant you only needed to manage 15 flat damage and Nuada's Strength is pretty high, and Fran's endurance decreases from her NP. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that active skills are piercing damage, in order to make them worth using, Nuada probably could have won the match.

And lastly... Berserkers are just kind of built to murder everything in sight, making them pretty strong for 1v1 combat tests. The fact that random dice rolls selected 2 berserkers for this was... perhaps I should have swapped one out, but Berserkers do need testing too. As is, I think they have been weakened a bit with how the boosts of Mad Enhancement have stayed the same despite roll under numbers and mana being increased. Their primary weakness is against magic attacks, debuffs, and things outside of combat. Still, if it wasn't for Fran's ability to decrease Agility, Nuada could have managed to deal enough damage to kill her before she got him to 0 the first time.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 02:14:15 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 19, 2022, 05:33:37 pm »

huh.  can i do another test?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 19, 2022, 06:12:55 pm »

huh.  can i do another test?
Eh, sure. I think the other test will probably go for a bit longer, but I’ll need to start it later as I need time to roll for the opponent and, if it’s one of the servants I haven’t already updated, I’ll need to edit the sheet.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41