Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35923 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2022, 05:31:57 pm »

Nuada leaps into cover behind one of many still-standing trees.  if he is hit again, he pretends to die and waits for his attacker to come closer. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2022, 05:37:22 pm »

John Henry
With the tree down, John moves himself to the fallen logs lower end, steadies it with one hand, and begins chopping with the other.

Bare-handed attempt to chop the tree into planks.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2022, 06:41:27 pm »

Nuada leaps into cover behind one of many still-standing trees.  if he is hit again, he pretends to die and waits for his attacker to come closer. 
So… when servants die, they fade into particles and disappear, so it’s a bit hard to fake, especially given they give off a mana signature that goes away on death unless they have presence concealment.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 10, 2022, 05:45:19 pm »

in that case dispense with the second sentence. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 10, 2022, 10:56:06 pm »

Irine
?.?.? Agility Check: 10 (Success), 4 (No Crit), Remainder 3 vs 7 (Failure)
Damage Check: 10 (Success), 9 (No Crit), Remainder 3 vs 10 (Failure)
Irine Loses 70 Mana (Now 130)
?.?.? Loses 15 Mana (Now 210)

“Sorry, I’ll make sure it stay under control” Irine replied, willing the flames to lift off the burning material and float in the air, “who are you?”

Unfortunately, Irine’s words seemed to have no effect on the girl, as sparks began to fly from the bolts on her head and the mace in her hands. As Irine watched, a black haze seemed to form over the girl, until she looked like a silhouette draped in fog, before she charged.

The girl’s hit connected before Irine had even realized she had to dodge, with electricity arcing off the mace and shocking Irine as the blow connected, knocking her back. The girl let out an almost animalistic growl as her pose became wild and aggressive, ready to attack again.

Nuada
Agility Check: 6 (Success), 6 (No Crit), Remainder 2 (+2 to Agility for not being hit)
?? Agility Check: 1 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 16 vs 1 (Success), 7 (Crit Success), Remainder 2
Damage Check: 1 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 7 vs 6 (Failure)
Nuada Loses 60 Mana (Now 140)

Nuada leapt behind one of the other trees, trying for cover from his mysterious attacker. The tree managed to block him from attacks, but only from one angle, nonetheless, it was better than no cover at all.

Unfortunately for him, it didn’t turn out to be enough cover, as another dagger shoots towards him, this time missing his silver arm and finding a mark in his shoulder. He pulled it out and his mana began knitting the wound shut, but he still couldn’t see his attacker.

Doc Holliday
? Agility Check: 1 (Success), 5 (Success) (1.5x), Remainder 10 vs 10 (Failure)
Damage Check: 7 (Success), 1 (No Crit) Remainder 1 vs 7 (Failure)
Doc Loses 60 Mana (Now 140)

Given the comforting darkness and the lack of any obvious objective or threat, Doc decided to take the opportunity to take a bit of a rest. Sure, he didn’t need to as a servant, but it took the edge off. He found a comfy looking tree and lay down against it, placing his hat over his eyes, and settling in for a nap.

Unfortunately, he quickly learned that that was not a great idea, as a bullet slammed into his side. Putting his hat back on his head and holding his side, he looked around, but the shooter didn’t seem to be anywhere close by.

John Henry
Strength Check: 4 (Success), 5 (Crit Success) Remainder 3
Ghost Agility Check: 6 (Success), 3 (No Crit), Remainder 2 vs 4 (Success), 5 (Crit Success), Remainder 1

John began trying to cut the tree trunk he had broken down into planks. Using his trusty railroad spike as a sharp edge, he used the force of his hammer to break apart the log into… roughly orderly planks. They’re a bit warped and splintery in places, but they’re functional. After all, it’s not his first time working with logs, though it was his first time not using a saw for it.

Unfortunately, something came in to interrupt his work. Out of the woods came a creature of some sort. It looked like a human skeleton draped in a semi-transparent blue cloak, except there was nothing but the spine below the ribs, and it’s finger bones were disturbingly long, and sharpening to claws at the ends.

The ghost tried to slash at John Henry, but he moved out of the way in time, though he had to stop working on the log to do so.

I should note, given that this round you are going against enemies of equal power ranking to you guys, some of you might lose. That just means that you're done for this round and we'll start you up again when the next round starts.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2022, 12:09:35 am »

"You feeling lucky, punk?"

Doc Holliday jumps to his feat and pulls his gun in a single motion. Then he spins himself round and round and round like a roulette wheel, firing his gun off randomly and trusting in his Gambler's luck to hit the unknown assailant.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2022, 09:43:52 am »

John Henry

"Oh no no no, only ghosts on this rail line should be those who gave up their lives for it lookin' on proud once it's done."

He hefted his hammer.

"Now git!"

Attempt to smash the Ghost

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2022, 07:39:04 pm »

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 130/200

I take a couple steps back from the girl, staying out the reach of that mace, but don't initiate hostilities.
"Hey! Back off!"
I return the flames to their place so I resume regenerating my mana, and Flame Dance to keep her away from me while I again open the distance between us.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2022, 09:18:26 pm »

Irine
Irine Gains 25 Mana (Now 155)
Irine Loses 40 Mana (Now 115)
Mana Check: 3 (Success), 2 (Crit Success) Remainder 10 (-3 to Roll Under Number for Agility for moving through, moving in, or escaping effected area. 1.5x damage)
?.?.? Gains 10 Mana (Now 220)
?.?.? Agility Check (Move): 3 (Success) Remainder 7
?.?.? Agility Check (Hit): 6 (Success), 4 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 3 vs 6 (Failure)
Damage Check: 2 (Success), 10 (Crit Success) (2x), Remainder 1 vs 3 (Success), 6 (No Crit), Remainder 5
Irine Loses 90 Mana (Now 25)
?.?.? Loses 15 Mana (Now 205)

“Hey! Back off!” Irine said, backing away from the girl and her crazy electric mace while her territory provided her with some mana back. While she didn’t want to be hostile, she definitely didn’t want the girl to get any closer, so she willed her flames to blaze in complex patterns on the ground. Her magic seemed to have picked up her fear as it burst into overdrive, the flames forming more intricate patterns faster, and burning brighter. However, Irine could feel some of the mana being siphoned off the fire, and being absorbed by the girl.

On the mystery girl’s part, hostility seemed to be the least of her concerns, as she charged forward at Irine, managing to move fast enough to pass through the flames. She struck out with her mace too fast for Irine to dodge, and with the force of a truck, slamming into Irine’s tails as the electricity arced off them, knocking Irine back into a nearby tree. While her toughened tails caught the brunt of the blow, as her mana got to work reconstructing her body, Irine could tell she wouldn’t be able to recover from another hit like that.

Doc Holliday
Luck Check (Skill): 7 (Success), 8 (No Crit)
Luck Check (Shooting the right way): 10 (Failure)
? Agility Check: 2 (Success), 3 (Crit Success) (1.5x) Remainder 11 vs 2 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 7
Damage Check: 10 (Failure)

"You feeling lucky, punk?" Doc shouted at his mysterious attacker. He pulled out his gun and got up in a single motion, spinning like a roulette wheel and trusting his luck that he’d hit his mark. Unfortunately, his luck seemed to have failed him, as while he couldn’t be sure, it didn’t seem that his shot connected with anything but the trees.

His attacker, on the other hand, had better luck, but only barely. Another shot rang out, scraping by Holliday’s face, leaving a thin line of blood, but nothing he wouldn’t heal up within a few minutes.

John Henry
Agility Check: 7 (Success), 4 (No Crit) Remainder 3 vs 1 (Success), 5 (Crit Success) Remainder 2
Ghost Agility Check: 6 (Success), 4 (No Crit) Remainder 2 vs 3 (Success), 2 (Success), Remainder 5

"Oh no no no, only ghosts on this rail line should be those who gave up their lives for it lookin' on proud once it's done." John warned the interloping spirit. No lazy hitchhiking ghost was gonna freeload their way into a home on his rail line, it would be an insult to all the hard working ghosts who’d given their lives to accomplish it. He hefted his hammer over his head. “Now git!" he shouted as he brought the hammer down.

Unfortunately, it seemed that his hammer only pass through the phantom. The ghost responded in kind, attempting to slash on Henry with it’s claws, but it had much the same result. Henry might not be a particularly graceful man, but you weren’t as successful at steel driving as he was if you weren’t fast.

Well... Lenglon, I'd suggest running. Of course, your opponent basically got their best possible roll, so it's not like they're likely to get another hit like that out soon, hopefully, but given where your health is... yeah, running is probably a good idea.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2022, 09:38:45 pm »

Maybe firing around literally at random wasn't the best strategy. Oh well. Time to use my other high stat!

The doctor pulls out his second revolver as he runs directly up the comfortable looking three. He kicks off the top, jumping into the air to give him a good view of the forest below. He then shoots at any muzzle flashes that indicate an enemy attack.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2022, 04:39:20 pm »

break into a dash, going around through the trees, trying to get into melee with the attacker.  activate active skill and NP. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2022, 04:56:15 pm »

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 25/200

"Help!"
Maintain my Flame Dance to hopefully slow my attacker down, and run away. I can't win this.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2022, 05:25:05 pm »

break into a dash, going around through the trees, trying to get into melee with the attacker.  activate active skill and NP. 
You can’t activate active skill and NP at the same time as both individually take up an action. You also don’t know where the enemy is so that would require a check to run in the right direction.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 05:30:57 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2022, 11:19:49 pm »

John Henry

"A wise guy huh? Well I ain't having in."

Try to swing again

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2022, 08:12:18 pm »

find the direction.  then active skill only. 

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41