Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35921 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've begun to realize a problem with the Rocket Tag problem itself.

The fact that the Rocket Tag aspect is actually kinda canon to Fate and its going to feel really weird if it's removed completely.

So I'm going to propose thusly: give NPs upsides and downsides depending on their Classification.
For example, Anti-Unit? Well it feels really really weird for, as an example, canonical nigh-instant death moves like Gae Bolg to do not even 50% of a Servants health in damage. Adding an extra 50-75% to their damage should make them feel dramatically better without making them "I win" buttons.
And Anti-Fortress? Same damage boost, but also an equivalent cost boost too. Makes being able to do massive damage on a widespread scale more fair.
Anti-Army is fine though

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

I suppose I can write up a thing of different NP types and how they effect it mechanically and then we can test those and see if they should be implemented.

Of course, I’ll be making a list of which ones are approved or not as there are something like 70 NP types and a good portion of those show up once and never again, like anti-wave.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 08:59:43 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2022, 01:35:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 06:39:54 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2022, 02:31:25 pm »

I’m going to have to veto that active skill, as it has 5 effects, + to strength, + to agility, and 3 +10 to damage, and the max for active skills is 3, and their cool down is 2 turns per effect. You could do + to strength and agility and +10 to damage, but that would have a 6 turn cooldown.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2022, 08:30:32 am »

edited
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2022, 08:53:57 am »

quick note: I've been thinking of how the change to increase overall durability is going to affect Irine's kit, and frankly since her whole thing is the longer a fight goes, the better she does, and this is making fights longer across the board, she might need to be nerfed to adjust. Figured I'd get out in front and flag this as a potential problem on the front end, and let you know that if it's needed, it's needed, and I'll try to work with you on how to make it happen. Doesn't necessarily mean the system as a whole needs changing, just that her archetype got buffed by the system change, and so she personally might need a nerf. If I were assigning the nerf myself, I'd be reducing the damage of Flame Orb. just reducing it by 3 damage would actually make a huge difference in how fast Irine's per-turn damage grows, making the growth curve of her attacks less steep and better in line with the now slower-paced combat.
Code: [Select]
20 (20) -> 40 (60) -> 60 (120) -> 80 (200) -> 100 (300)
to
17 (17) -> 34 (51) -> 51 (102)  -> 68 (170) -> 85 (255)
parens is total damage up to that point assuming every attack hit for full damage. as you can see, if you simply cut flame orb's damage by 3, it results in roughly an extra turn before reaching every single significant health breakpoint, with a massive 45 damage difference after a 5 round combat.

I don't know for sure if this is necessary, but I thought I'd throw it out here now while I was thinking on it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:42:10 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2022, 10:56:28 am »

edited
Ok, I’ll just note that the active skill’s rank would be C, given that’s the highest they go, and the cooldown will be 6 given it’s rank C.

~Snip~
Ok, I’ll keep this in mind, but I’m not planning to implement it for now given you’ll soon be going against enemies with higher mana stats and greater chances to resist or even negate your spells, so I’ll want to see how Irine goes against those before I implement nerfing.

I’ll also note that we won’t get a turn today as my flight home was rather a disaster, being delayed and finally being canceled as they were getting people on the plane, leading to a need to schedule a new flight, so I haven’t slept very much, and I’m not even home yet so… yeah, I’ll be starting 1.3 tomorrow or this weekend.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2022, 09:42:27 am »

-fixed a math fail-
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 06, 2022, 08:17:02 pm »

Test 1.3
You find yourself in the middle of the woods. It’s dark, the canopy of leaves blocking out much of the little light that comes from the crescent moon and stars. There’s almost a suspicious lack of dead leaves and branches on the ground, as if the floor had been recently cleared of material. The wind is still, with little movement among the leaves above you. Looking around you see… nothing out of the ordinary. That is strange.
(Actions)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2022, 09:47:07 pm »

John Henry

John nodded to himself. Yes, he understood what was going on here perfectly.

"Grounds been cleared, lots of good lumber, all set up for laying down some fresh tracks."

... perfectly accurate to how a berserker would, that is.

Smash down a tree, y'know, for lumber.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2022, 09:47:50 pm »

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200

I need a place to fall back to, especially while I'm disoriented like this
I make this area into my territory

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2022, 08:04:32 pm »

nuada

begin building fort

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2022, 08:36:45 pm »

Irine
Irine began to use her mana to transform the area around her into her territory. Smoke started to form as the wet grass and leaves around her started to burn. Scorch marks started to appear on the bark of trees around her, and the temperature of the air began to grow, losing the crispness of night.

As the air heats up, a figure approaches Irine through the forest. As they make it into the light of Irine’s burgeoning fires, she can see the figure is a pretty young girl, in a white dress, with red bangs that hang over her eyes, and, more peculiarly, a golden horn sticking out of her forehead and golden fixtures sticking out of either side of her head, carrying a mace.

She looks at Irine and says “...fire…bad.”

Nuada
Strength Check: 2 (Success), 4 (Crit Success), Remainder 2
?? Agility Check: 3 (Success), 9 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 10 vs 7 (Success), 9 (No Crit) Remainder 1.
Damage Check: 9 (Failure)

Nuada began to try to build a fort for himself, starting with getting supplies. Given it seemed like the most plentiful resource around, he decided to cut down a tree for some wood. With the use of his sword, he managed to cleanly slice the tree off the stump with little issue, giving him a tree trunk to begin processing.

However, before he can start doing anything to turn the raw lumber into building material, a dagger flies out from the trees around him. While it hits his silver arm with little issue, as he looks around, he’s not able to see who threw it.

John Henry
Strength Check: 3 (Success), 5 (Crit Success) Remainder 4.

Raising his hammer, John took aim at a tree, smashing it off at the base. As parts of the tree exploded into splinters, most of the tree toppled over with a loud crash, leaving a rough looking stump behind and the floor littered with mulch and splinters.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2022, 08:45:25 pm »

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200

I take a couple steps back from the girl, staying out the reach of that mace, but don't initiate hostilities.
"Sorry, I'll make sure it stays under control. Who are you?"
I take active control of the local flames, and lift them up off of the burning materials, so that they aren't actively spreading while we talk, and my visitor will be able to see that they're under control and won't just burn down the area or anything like that.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2022, 10:17:42 pm »

Right this is a thing still.

Its dark. Do you know what you do in the dark? Sleep. The Doc puts his hat over his eyes and sleeps under the comfiest looking tree.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41