Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35878 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

((sounds good to me))

Spoiler: long and unimportant (click to show/hide)
same.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Noble Phantasm.  murder the dual-bladesman, he seemed like the biggest threat last turn.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Holliday uses his free hand to pull out his second famous gun, his Navy revolver. He points the gun at the swordman and pulls the trigger repeatedly!

...A single bullet comes out!

"Ah hell. Mixed up my double and single action again. That ain't good on my poor Lightning."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just want to say, before there are any statements about the whole "rail spike" matter, even if there may not be any: I didn't actually plan for that. I kinda just realized when I was trying to think of a smart action that wouldn't be the same thing Nuada was doing that I technically canonically gave myself a throwable object

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I just want to say, before there are any statements about the whole "rail spike" matter, even if there may not be any: I didn't actually plan for that. I kinda just realized when I was trying to think of a smart action that wouldn't be the same thing Nuada was doing that I technically canonically gave myself a throwable object

Nobody was going to say anything lol. Don't worry so much.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Irine
Pass Turn
Territory Creation D (Regain 10 Mana) (Now 70)
Archer Check: 1 (Success), 9 (No Crit) vs 9 (Failure)
Damage Check: 4 (Success), 3 (No Crit) vs 2 (Success), 3 (Crit Success)
Irine takes 8 damage (Now 62)
Saber Agility Check: 9 (Failure)
Assassin Agility Check: 9 (Failure)
Enemies take 20 damage
Enemies are dead

Irine simply stands there as her mana is restored by the fire around her. What reason does she have to keep using her mana if these enemies can’t even hurt her? However, as it turns out, that comment isn’t strictly true…

The greatsword wielding skeleton and his dual wielding comrade are once more incapable of moving towards her due to the winding maze of flames, but the archer lets fly another arrow. Just like the last one, it flies directly into her, but unlike its predecessor this one truly manages to wound her, drawing blood. While her natural defense as a servant keeps it from doing much damage, the arrow is certainly a pain. While her body heals up the wound, Irine simply gives the archer an annoyed glare as it burns away into mana, just like the other two skeletons.

((Current plan is to wait until everyone has beat the section before I move everyone on to 1.2))

Nuada
Activate NP: Nuada loses 50 Mana (Now 50)
+ to Strength. + to Agility. +40 damage
Agility Check: 1 (Success), 5 (Crit Success) Remainder 10 vs 2 (Success), 10 (No Crit) Remainder 4
Damage Check: 4 (Success), 7 (Crit Success) Remainder 1 vs 9 (Failure)
Assassin takes 160 Damage
Assassin is dead
Archer Check: 3 (Success), 3 (No Crit) Remainder 3 vs 7 (Success), 7 (Crit Success) Remainder 2
Saber Check: 6 (Failure)

“Switch On - Blade of Kings” Nuada speaks as his silver sword and arm glow with an otherworldly light. He feels new strength pour into his body, and the very world around him seems to slow down. He turns towards the dual wielding skeleton and slashes at it, the light of his sword drawing a silver arc in the air, as he cleanly slices his opponent into pieces.

The archer tries to shoot at him, but the arrow seems to be moving through liquid rather than air, and Nuada dodges it with ease. He notices the remaining swordsman swinging at him, but feels no need to dodge, as he can already tell that the swing will miss.

Doc Holliday
Luck Check: 7 (Success), 9 (No Crit)
Agility Check: 4 (Success), 9 (Crit Success) Remainder 2 vs 1 (Success), 6 (No Crit) Remainder 5
Damage Check: 2 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) Remainder 3 vs 4 (Failure)
Saber takes 60 damage.
Saber is dead
Archer Check: 1 (Success), 2 (Crit Success) Remainder 3 vs 1 (Success), 7 (Crit Success) Remainder 2
Archer Damage Check: 6 (Failure)

Holliday uses his free hand to pull out his second famous gun, his Navy revolver. He points the gun at the swordsman and pulls the trigger repeatedly! A single bullet comes out, slamming the swordsman in the neck, severing its head from its body.

"Ah hell. Mixed up my double and single action again.” Holliday said, looking at the swifty fading skeleton, before focusing on his gun. “That ain't good on my poor Lightning."

The archer once more tried to fire at Doc. This time, his arrow flew close enough to scrape against his clothes, but once more failed to deal any damage to his body.

John Henry
Agility Check: 10 (Failure)
Saber Check: 1 (Success), 4 (Crit Success) Remainder 1 vs 2 (Success), 9 (No Crit)
Damage Check: 9 (Failure)
Assassin Check: 3 (Success), 3 (No Crit) Remainder 3 vs 5 (Success), 8 (No Crit) Remainder 4

John attempts to swing his hammer at the skeleton with the two-handed sword, but, still partially focused on the now dead archer, his swing goes wide. The swordsman has no such trouble, swinging his sword down into John’s arm… but he only manages to hit one of the metal parts of John’s body, and lacks the strength to do any significant damage to it. The dual wielder attempts to follow up on his ally’s attack, but narrowly misses.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Doc Holliday suddenly has a coughing fit, dropping both guns in the process!

It is over as quickly as it started, forcing him to draw "his" next gun: a modified 10 gauge double barrel shotgun hidden in his outfit. He rushes the remaining skeleton and looses both barrels into it with a single pull of the trigger (knocking the gun out of his own hands in the process).

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Shit, that's how you end up with bent handles right there."
Swing again, crush the greatsword skeleton

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I murder the archer and then the swordsman. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

You can only do one of those as each attack is a separate action unless you have an ability or skill that allows you to do multiple.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

You can only do one of those as each attack is a separate action unless you have an ability or skill that allows you to do multiple.
((he did put them in an order, so maybe you could just resolve the stuff he has time for and skip the leftover?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

((he did put them in an order, so maybe you could just resolve the stuff he has time for and skip the leftover?))

That was my plan, but I wanted to let them know in case that changed the plan.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noted

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Nuada
Nuada gains 10 Mana (Now 60)
Agility Check: 3 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) Remainder 12 vs 3 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) Remainder 2
Damage Check: 6 (Success), 5 (Crit Success) Remainder 1 vs 8 (Failure)
Archer takes 160 damage
Archer is dead
Saber Check: 2 (Success), 4 (No Crit) Remainder 4 vs 8 (Success), 5 (Crit Success) Remainder 3

Nuada charged at the archer, as he felt his body generate more mana, his enhanced speed allowing him to easily dash past the swordsman in the way and get to his target. Just like before, his sword left glowing arcs of light behind it as he diced his enemy apart. The swordsman tried to strike him in response, but Nuada slipped out of the way.

Doc Holliday
Luck Check: 2 (Success), 3 (Crit Success) +40 damage
Agility Check: 5 (Success), 8 (Crit Success) Remainder 2 vs 5 (Success) Remainder 1
Damage Check: 8 (Failure)
Archer Check: 5 (Success) Remainder 1 vs 1 (Success), 8 (Crit Success)

Doc suddenly collapsed in a coughing fit, his tuberculosis acting up, causing him to drop both his guns. While it ends as quick as it started, given the circumstances he decides he doesn’t have the time to pick up his discarded revolvers and instead grabs another gun he’d concealed inside his clothes, a modified 10 gauge double barrel shotgun.

He rushes the archer, currently notching another arrow, with intents to blast the final skeleton to pieces, but when he gets close enough to fire and pulls the trigger, the only thing that comes out of the muzzle is smoke and hot air, as the gun misfires. Fortunately, the cloud of smoke and sound of a gunshot right next to the archer’s face is enough to startle it into accidentally letting go of it’s arrow, which shoots harmlessly into the ground.

John Henry
Agility Check: 1 (Success), 7 (Crit Success) Remainder 1 vs 2 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) Remainder 3
Saber Check: 2 (Success), 4 (No Crit) Remainder 4 vs 7 (Success), 3 (No Crit) Remainder 2
Damage Check: 3 (Success), 2 (Crit Success) Remainder 1 vs 4 (Success), 9 (No Crit)
John Henry takes 30 damage (Now 60)
Assassin Check: 7 (Failure)

John once more hefted up his hammer overhead and slammed it down with the intent to reduce the great-swordsman to powder, but this time, the swordsman shifted out of the way at the last second, dodging the blow. The force of the wide hit knocked John slightly off balance, which was all the swordsman needed to follow up. Once more he swung at John, this time aiming for his stomach, and unlike the other blow, this one hit with enough force to carve a slice out of his body.

While John could already feel his mana working to fill in the cut, the other swordsman attempted to follow up on his comrade’s success. Fortunately for John, the dual wielder’s swing also went wide, and it failed to connect.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 03:15:40 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kill the swordsman, and then strike an awesome pose.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Archer curses, taking "his" shotgun by the barrel and turning it into a club. He brings it down hard on the skeleton archer until it stops moving and disintegrates.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41