Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35851 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Ok, testing round one. The 4 units I have chosen to be tested here are John Henry, Nuada, Doc Holliday, and Irine. If you were not picked for the first round of testing, there will be other tests. You are all in individual areas, but given the areas are identical, I'll be giving only one description and will branch into individual ones as you guys act.

You make your way out of the trees and into a clearing. The clearing is empty except for a few boulders strewn about, the gentle wind causes the grass around you to sway back and forth, and clouds float lazily through the blue sky. With the cool wind blow through the air, and the warm sun shining overhead, it would be a great place for a picnic... well, except for the three skeletal warriors clicking their way towards you.

The warriors look to be made of gray bone, largely human in shape except for some exceptions. Their ribcages instead resemble horns, curving inwards, three on each side, their spines are covered with spikes, and where their heads should be are only their jaws, full of sharp teeth. Each one is holding a different weapon, each seeming to be made of the same bone material as the warrior. The one closest to you is holding a two-handed sword, the blade half as tall as the warrior itself. Behind it, another carries a pair of short swords, twisted and bent as if the weapons had been worn out over a multitude of conflicts. The one in the rear held a bow, made of individual spikes bones attached by joints.

The archer hung back and notched an arrow as the two swordsmen approached.

(Action)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 12:37:20 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

"Yeah, no."
Flame Dance the clearing, filling the area with moving orbs of fire and embracing setting the surroundings aflame while doing my best to keep the skeletons away from me. I'm including my own location within the area to burn on purpose, since I don't need to fear my own fire and want to make it risky to approach me.
Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Charge the archer
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Just to let people know, I'm doing the rolls and working on writing the actions as I get them, but the plan is to only post once I have all of them.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I can see Irine being viewed as DPS, and it's true we lack any healer/buffer/debuffer types right now.

I'll take up the torch then. This was really just an excuse for:

Spoiler: Archer (click to show/hide)

OK it was actually hard to design a non-Caster support Servant with this setup >_>. Need to work on the numbers.

Holliday spits out some chewing tobacco and up his nickle-plated Colt Lightning.

"Y'all look like you could use some teeth pulling. The Doc is in."

He spins his gun before fanning six bullets towards the duel-wielding skeleton!

"Yeah, no."
Flame Dance the clearing, filling the area with moving orbs of fire and embracing setting the surroundings aflame while doing my best to keep the skeletons away from me. I'm including my own location within the area to burn on purpose, since I don't need to fear my own fire and want to make it risky to approach me.

"Hey watch it with that friendly fire little lady. They say the heat is good for my lungs but this might be a lick too hot."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

I can see Irine being viewed as DPS, and it's true we lack any healer/buffer/debuffer types right now.

OK it was actually hard to design a non-Caster support Servant with this setup >_>. Need to work on the numbers.

Holliday spits out some chewing tobacco and up his nickle-plated Colt Lightning.

"Yeah, no."

"Hey watch it with that friendly fire little lady. They say the heat is good for my lungs but this might be a lick too hot."

You're all currently in individual areas for the first stage of testing, I just did one post as the areas are indentical.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Yeah, no."

You're all currently in individual areas for the first stage of testing, I just did one post as the areas are indentical.

For some reason I always have trouble understanding what you're saying >_>

Ignore the second part, it isn't canon! NOT CANON!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

No cannons? Why not use cannons? Cannons are fine too.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

-snip-

No cannons? Why not use cannons? Cannons are fine too.

Unfortunately, we're not doing cooperative fights until you all fail against fight the rank 5 enemy. And I'm saving cannons for the navel combat arena.

EDIT: Rolling Stirk's numbers... I'll be honest, if I wasn't using virtual dice, I might seriously entertain the idea they're loaded.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 09:56:35 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Henry's eyes lock in on the Archer in the distance. Dragon Tooth Warrior Archer is marked by Single-Mindedness
"I'm sure the Foreman won't mind if I get a head start."
Throw a rail spike through the Archers spine.

(Before you say he doesn't have rail spikes on his person, he does have at least one. He uses it during his NP after all)
Also: who needs a cannon when you have a Berserkers throwing arm?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 12:00:51 am by Failbird105 »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Irine
Magic Check: 8 (Success) 7 (No Crit) vs Archer 8 (Failure), Saber 10 (Failure), Assassin 7 (Failure)
Irine Loses 40 Mana (Now 60)
Archer Check: 2 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 4 vs 9 (Failure)
Damage Check: 6 (Failure) No damage
Saber Agility Check: 6 (Failure)
Assassin Agility Check: 8 (Failure)
Enemies take 20 damage

With a flick of one of her tails, Irine covers the clearing with a labyrinth of twisting flames, including the area directly around her. The two sword wielding skeletons stop their charge, as their way is suddenly blocked by orbs of fire between them and their quarry. The archer has no such issue, as it let’s an arrow fly through the flames at Irine. It hits her directly… but it seems the archer may have failed to put enough strength behind the shot, as it’s little more than a glancing blow.

The fires from the ground wash over the skeletons and scorch them.

Nuada
Agility Check: 9 (Failure)
Archer Check: 9 (Failure)
Saber Check: 10 (Failure)
Assassin Check: 5 (Success) Remainder 1 vs 3 (Success) and 9 (Failure) Remainder 9

Nuada tries to close the distance between him and the Archer skeleton, but the two sword wielders block his path. The archer tries to take advantage of his failure by taking a shot, but only ends up whistling by his head. The skeleton with the zweihander similarly tries to wound him, and similarly fails, without the Tuath De even needing to try to avoid them.

However, while he was focussed on the larger sword, his mind, honed from years of combat, alerts him to the threat behind him, just in time, as he slips out of the way of an attack by the dual wielder.

Doc Holliday
Luck Check : 1 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), +40 damage
Agility Check: 3 (Success), 3 (Crit Success) Remainder 9 vs 3 (Success), 3 (No Crit)
Damage Check: 3 (Success), 6 (No Crit) Remainder 3 vs 2 (Success), 10 (No Crit) Remainder 2
Assassin takes 70 damage
Assassin is Dead
Archer Check: 8 (Failure)
Saber Check: 2 (Success), 5 (No Crit) Remainder 4, vs 3 (Success), 1 (Crit Success)

Spinning his revolver around his finger a few times for luck, Doc suddenly snaps his gun straight, aiming at the duel wielding skeleton. He lets fly six bullets and Luck must be a Lady for him today, as each bullet finds its way into the skeleton, blasting through its elbows, knees, spine, and finally a shot straight to the jaw finishes it off, as the creature is finished fading into mana before it can even hit the ground.

After the first skeleton disappears, Doc hears the whistle of an arrow as it flies by his head. Looking to wear it came from, he notices the sword wielding skeleton winding up for a swing at him. He leans out of the way as the sword passes harmlessly by him.

John Henry
Agility Check: 7 (Success), 1 (Critical Success) Remainder 6 vs 2 (Success), 9 (No Crit) Remainder 4
Damage Check: 9 (Success), 6 (Critical Success) Remainder 1 vs 5 (Failure)
Archer takes 100 damage
Archer is dead
John takes 10 damage (Now 90)
Saber Check: 9 (Failure)
Assassin Check: 6 (Failure)

John focused in only on the archer, ignoring the other two entirely. He held his railroad spike in his hands and wound up a throw. His whistles blared and his engine thrummed to life as he pushed his body to put more force into the throw, and he chucked it as hard as his body could manage, the force of doing so burning away at part of his flesh. The spike shot through the air, the skeleton’s body barely even slowing it down as it left a nasty hole in it’s ribcage as it flung it’s spine and skull along with it. The skeleton’s body was already dissolving by the time the spike had embedded itself within one of the boulders.

Task succeeded, John somewhat foggily recalled there were another two skeletons around. He turned and squinted at them, just noticing them swinging their weapons as both missed him, the dual-wielder only by a very slim margin.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 12:29:25 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A steel drivers work is never done." Henry said, hefting his great hammer to smash the greatsword Skeleton.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This is why that was a bad idea. You really should run away, you aren't winning this."
Maintain the flame dance but don't cast anything further, since I don't think these things are going to be able to do as much damage to me as my spells cost.
((question to GM, shouldn't she have dealt 35 damage instead of 20 because of divinity? it doesn't matter much but seems like it should be asked))

Current Form: Hybrid

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"This is why that was a bad idea. You really should run away, you aren't winning this."
Maintain the flame dance but don't cast anything further, since I don't think these things are going to be able to do as much damage to me as my spells cost.
((question to GM, shouldn't she have dealt 35 damage instead of 20 because of divinity? it doesn't matter much but seems like it should be asked))

Current Form: Hybrid

I was thinking that, but I thought that dealing 35 damage guaranteed to all enemies was maybe too much, and made a professional decision that Fire Dance is more akin to a status effect than a direct attack. Your other abilities will get the divinity bonus though.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 01:17:35 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((sounds good to me))

Spoiler: long and unimportant (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41