Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35850 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Further message for people interested in Lost Record, I plan to only take 1 servant of each class, in order to support variety. Right now it looks like we've got a good mix of classes, but I just wanted to mention this specifically as I don't believe I had before.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 10:41:58 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My second character made and current character of preference, though we'll see how I feel once I've made my Support Character. A character focused HEAVILY into the strategy of 'burn bright, burn fast'.
Spoiler: Berserker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 09:03:54 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

My second character made and current character of preference, though we'll see how I feel once I've made my Support Character. A character focused HEAVILY into the strategy of 'burn bright, burn fast'.
Spoiler: Berserker (click to show/hide)

"No! I must defeat the machines!" he shouted
The radio said "No. John. You are the machines"
And then John was a train

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

damn that was my idea
Black lives matter.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We were just very short on classic Fate brand weirdness around here. The sheets present thus far just felt much too grounded. Thus, John Henry is now a steam powered cyborg.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

We were just very short on classic Fate brand weirdness around here. The sheets present thus far just felt much too grounded. Thus, John Henry is now a steam powered cyborg.
Hello there, are you tired of your historical figures being just like they are in the history book? Well maybe it’s time you should try some Fate Brand Weirdness.

What’s Fate Brand Weirdness, you ask? Well, you know Thomas Edison? What if he was a lion in a superhero costume with the ghosts of the presidents of the United States?

You know Gilgamesh? Well, what if he shot swords out of portals?

You know Saint Martha? Well what if she punched the Tarasque into submission and beat the shot out of everything?

And that’s what Fate Brand Weirdness can do for your Characters. Order some today!
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello there, are you tired of your historical figures being just like they are in the history book? Well maybe it’s time you should try some Fate Brand Weirdness.

What’s Fate Brand Weirdness, you ask? Well, you know Thomas Edison? What if he was a lion in a superhero costume with the ghosts of the presidents of the United States?

You know Gilgamesh? Well, what if he shot swords out of portals?

You know Saint Martha? Well what if she punched the Tarasque into submission and beat the shot out of everything?

And that’s what Fate Brand Weirdness can do for your Characters. Order some today!
Nah nah, the latter two are just better. You want some real weirdness? Charles Babbage is a Steam Powered Mecha.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

*Sees we’ve fallen off the front page.*
*Checks schedule*

Ok, I think the initial test will start Monday, just to give the people I know are still working on sheets hopefully the time to finish them.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

checked in with quil on disc and pop.

Spoiler: Saber (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

choo choo

Spoiler: Rider (click to show/hide)

(i swear i was making this before failbird posted john henry)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 05:45:36 pm by SOLDIER First »
Black lives matter.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Right, both of you are good on personal skills and NP, but you both seem to have used more than 22 points for parameters and class skills. Ctsun, it looks like your point total adds up to 24, and SOLDIER, yours adds up to 27.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Parameters are Strength A (4) Endurance A (4), Agility C (2), Mana A (4).

Skills are Magic Resist D to C (1), Riding C to A (2), Independent Action A (5). That's 22, right?
Black lives matter.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Parameters are Strength A (4) Endurance A (4), Agility C (2), Mana A (4).

Skills are Magic Resist D to C (1), Riding C to A (2), Independent Action A (5). That's 22, right?

No, E rank still counts as 1 point, not 0

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see. I would appreciate it if that was made more clear somewhere, because I find it unintuitive to need to spend points from my limited allotment on a parameter rank that I am forced to have.

Independent Action has been reduced from A to C (-2 points), Magic Resist has been reduced from C to D (-1 point), Strength and Endurance have each been reduced from A to B (-2 points total).
Black lives matter.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

I see. I would appreciate it if that was made more clear somewhere, because I find it unintuitive to need to spend points from my limited allotment on a parameter rank that I am forced to have.

Independent Action has been reduced from A to C (-2 points), Magic Resist has been reduced from C to D (-1 point), Strength and Endurance have each been reduced from A to B (-2 points total).

Apologies, I will include in the OP that the E rank counts as a point used.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41